Your Favourite Comedian?

WildFire15

Jun 18, 2008
Eamar said:
Phenomenis said:
Seriously, at the guy a few places above me. Micheal McIntyre? For real? Next thing you'll tell me Lee Evans and Jack Whitehall are hilarious.
Personal taste, dude. Personally, I love a bit of Michael McIntyre, even if he is a bit overblown. I'm never sure why it suddenly became cool to hate him once he became so popular... Not saying that's what you're doing, but people have become much more vocal in their dislike of him, rather than just ignoring him like they used to.
Maybe it's because he's very quickly come from obscurity to being hugely popular? I've no problem with him, he's a very good comedian and I've seen him pick up from something that flopped EXTREMELY badly.

During what I think was his 2nd big tour, he was telling a joke about how his wife wanted a hand bag to go with an expensive dress. His remark was that he could hire a sun burnt, red headed boy to carry the content of her purse around for her for the same price, which took everyone by surprise and no one laughed. The look on Michael's face was utterly priceless as he panicked, before starting a discussion with a lorry/wagon driver in the front row, which was quite funny though I can't remember any particular details.
At the end of the first act, he asked why no one laughed at that joke about his wife's handbag, which was when he realized he'd failed to mention that the dress in question was red.

There was also another time when he was filming his Comedy Roadshow in Sunderland. As with most towns that have a close neighbour, Sunderland and Newcastle are rivals and as McIntyre wasn't doing the Roadshow in Newcastle, a load of people came from Newcastle to see it. When McIntyre came out and did his usual bit of 'Hello and welcome to my favourite city of them all, It's Sunderland!' half the room booed while the rest cheered and again, the look on his face was hilarious XD

Kreett

Constant Contrarian
Nov 20, 2009
Christopher Titus, everything that leaves that man's mouth is hilarious. Even the sad stuff, which is even funnier. Plus, he's a very pretty man. Mancrush all the way!

Breywood

Jun 22, 2011
There's two more I've overlooked. Rowan Atkinson, but it's much more his standup than his Mr. Bean character. And Michel Courtemanche, although he's retired, some of his older sketches are amusing.

Spongebobdickpants

Oct 6, 2009
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
George Carlin is my number 2. That said, this is who beat the man...

Forgive the quality of this video
The quality on this one's alright

Captcha: path less taken. That, he did walk Captcha.
I wouldnt try to rank carlin or hicks one above the other, both were amazing in their own rights.

Smeatza

Dec 12, 2011
Like others have said there are just far too many to mention.
If I had to pick one though it would be Dave Chapelle.
Genius

not_you

Don't ask, or you won't know
Mar 16, 2011
Somewhere between:

Colin Mochrie
Billy Connoly
John Cleese
or Chris Rock

Take your pick...

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
I really can't pick a single "my top favorite comedian" as it shifts from time to time. Mitch Hedberg has always been one of my favorites, Lewis Black is fantastic.

But my current "favorite" comedian has to be Bill Burr. Allow me to give you a taste:

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
Eamar said:
There are so many fantastic comedians in the UK at the moment (I'm not familiar with many American comedians), but Dara O'Briain is an old favourite.

Absolute gold, which I'm sure has been posted on these forums a million times:

The bit from around 6 minutes about Metal Gear is particularly fantastic XD
Love Dara O'Briain.That videogame routine cracks me up everytime

theparsonski

May 29, 2010
I love Ross Noble, Rhod Gilbert and Frankie Boyle (although when he gets really crude I'm put off).

There is one man who I love but barely anyone has ever heard of. He was on Micheal McIntyre's Comedy Roadshow, and he seems a little crap at first, but wait until he... actually, I'll just let you watch him. Let's just say he has one big trick up his sleeve.

TheLizardKing

May 4, 2012
Does it have to be stand-up? if not then The Chaser. Those guys are funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luzrVRaBkGc&feature=fvwrel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvdSNVl723c&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37X4WAmwiJQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_A94FX_by4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cRHgImk9IM

Lt._nefarious

Apr 11, 2012
Its hard to pick but I've narrowed it down to 3:

3. Stephen Lynch
2. Michael MacIntyre
1. Bo Burnham

doomspore98

May 24, 2011
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/c2owUI45FL0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Gabriel Iglesias, most funny guy ever.

katsumoto03

Feb 24, 2010
George Carlin is a master of teh lulz, but Louis C.K. is the only comedian that makes me literally always laugh at every joke he makes.

gyroscopeboy

Nov 27, 2010
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
George Carlin is my number 2. That said, this is who beat the man...

Forgive the quality of this video
The quality on this one's alright

Captcha: path less taken. That, he did walk Captcha.
I really admire Bill Hicks ideas & work, but he doesn't always make me laugh, some of his timing after delivering jokes is a little flat. It also annoys me when people take his ideas and spin them into uneducated conspiracy theories, and dilute what he was trying to say.

That said, he's still in my top 3.

I love Louis CK because he ditches his entire act every year and starts from scratch and is funny as hell.

I really like Greg Giraldo because I think he could have been one of the greatest comedians if he was still alive today.