Your favourite game moment?

FunnyBunny

Jun 24, 2013
What was your most memorable gaming moments? I mean, not for numbers of casaulties, but for those special reasons that can happen only once or twice in decade? :)

For me, it's got to be:

1. Vampire:Bloodlines / Masquerade (not sure what is the full title lol) - the haunted hotel quest, I did actually play it around midnight. Unforgettable. :)

2. No One Wants To Live Forever, pretty much everything, the monkey scene for giggling even hours afterwards. :)

3. Stalker, the first one. It never happened to me since, but got stalked by one NPC through the Zone, doggedly (a brief firefight got me killed almost instantly, so I just turned and run, seeing that dot following me on the mini-map made me want to run even faster...), so I just run scared to the checkpoint and let Duty guys kill him... if I didn't, I'm sure I'd be dead. It was very strange, very ... AI, malevolent, even supernatural. :) Not sure it was a bug or some random thing, but running for life for real in a game is... unforgettable. :)

4. Witcher 2 - I've just finished it. The moment, when a drowner has risen behind my back - I was just rotating the camera to see if there was anything to loot on the sea shore, so I watched my witcher face front and over the shoulder, with the sea killing any other suspicious sound and suddenly there was that tall monster rising behind me... Pure terror. :) I killed the monster in half the second, instinctively really, but the shock it gave me... I want to forget! Lol!

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
Favourite? I have to choose? D:

Aww poop... Well I'll give you my top 3. That's as far as I can narrow it down.

In no particular order,

was absolutely beautiful! I know it was all a dream of sorts, but after the whole "We have to delete river to make his trip possible" bit, him being able to grow up with his brother joey, meet river again, fall in love, and die as he finally makes it to the moon with her was soooo moving. I can't really even adequately describe it.

This was absolutely breathtaking, because it ended Truth right. It showed him for what he was and was simply just perfectly executed. He wasn't just some megalomanic mustache twirling super villain, he was doing what he thought was truly necessary for salvation. As he said he was following the forerunners example and Steeling himself for what needed to be done. He was wrong, but you could understand it in a sense. Not so much sympathize, but understand. And Marty O'Donnell's work with the music was brilliant as always.

I don't why exactly I love this one so much exactly, but it was exactly the cathartic ending you needing after doing all the quests for them. It was dark and bittersweet and sad, but at the same time hopeful and optimistic. I first saw it while playing as a kid, but it only got more impactful as I grew up.

ronald1840

Oct 4, 2010
Favorite gaming moment?

Persona 3 Portable (FeMC):

I was going up Monad alone to fight Elizabeth when I got 'Enemy Advantage' in a battle of four shadows. I was in critical single-digit HP and missed my attack. Ready to quit I was shocked when she (MC) got charmed and started to counter, block, dodge, and absorb the enemies attacks. An almighty attack killed her and then 'Enduring Soul'. I threw my hands up surprised and finished the fight.

Final Fantasy IX

Finishing the endgame three-boss gauntlet with Deathguise and then right on to the final bosses on first try in one go.

Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door

I had a good number of Defense Plus, Damadge Dodge, and evasive badges so I while in the Pit of 100 Trials in went from Floor 40 to the last pipe before Bonetail with 4HP.

Miss G.

Jun 18, 2013
My favorite moment was beating Okami (PS2) without dying in my first play through. Second favorite was getting 100% completion in it as it still is the only game I've managed such a feat in.

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
The microwave hallway in Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.

<youtube=mdjLBYxAcUI>

At this moment in the game, literally everyone in the world is counting on you, and you absolutely cannot give up, or else humanity is doomed.

Prior to this mission, Snake was heavily smoking, much to the dismay of his comrades. After watching Mei Ling go through the tactical plan, Snake raises his hand, asking for another smoke. Everybody in the room groans, which drains a quarter of Snake's psyche.

Then the mission begins. After wading through almost impossible-to-avoid patrols and fighting a difficult boss, you finally make it to the climax of the mission -- the microwave hallway.

No matter how hard or how fast you press the triangle button, Snake progressively gets more and more hurt, and eventually he just falls flat... only to keep moving on with his FINGERTIPS as Otacon begs Snake not to give up. It's tragic and awesome all at once. Such an incredible moment in gaming history.

IllumInaTIma

Flesh is but a garment!
Feb 6, 2012
Probably the Fleet Arrival in Mass Effect 3.
Now, you can hate the ending, but you can't deny that this was one of the most epic moments in Videogames history. The culmination of all your efforts throughout three games resulting in the most badass "Come at me bro" moment ever.
<youtube=tHIAibDr3yM>

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
Bioshock infinite part:

Seriously, the whole sequence there was so well done and perfecto. I love being chased in games and then just that moment before the skyhook hits the railing still raises hairs.

Akytalusia

Nov 11, 2010
referring to personal achievements; so far my most memorable moment would have be my 3-man challenge run of FFVI. the final battle was epic. edgar & setzer died before kefka, so it was just celes vs kefka in the end, and it was close all the way to the last hit. celes was going to die in the next hit if i didn't finish the fight on the next attack, so i threw something at him, i forget what exactly. might have been atma weapon. but i heard that pop and kefka started disintegrating. it was marvelous.
referring to memorable story events; i play mostly jrpgs. i've been exposed to just way too many good stories to go and pick any scene in particular. there's a ton of good memories sourced there.

Doopliss64

Jul 20, 2011
Super Mario 64 was the first game I ever really got into as a kid. When I found out I could jump into the paintings in the castle, it just about blew my mind, so I'll have to go with the first time I stumbled into Bob-Omb Battlefield. Plus, that moment is a rather poetic symbol of my discovery of videogames and the amazing potential they hold for transporting me to unexpected places.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Oh man. The whole of Final Fantasy 7, but especially midgar and everything leading up to the final confrontation with sephiroth. President shinra watching thousands of people die while listening to opera still gives me chills. His sons final scene also stands out as an unforgettable villain moment. The scene where cloud and tifa spend the night together before the last battle was a very warm scene.

Mass Effect 3, where Legion died, was heartbreaking. Any death in that game was heartbreaking, actually. The scenes were very well written. If the ending had been better than Mass Effect 3 could have been a contender for greatest game ever for me.

The Last of Us stands out, where Ellie has to fight her creepy stalker, or where she was wandering in the snowstorm. All your sneak mechanics, like listening, are almost useless because of the snow, or because your enemy is using your own skills against you. One of the best moments in video games, period. Every aspect of the story and gameplay came together perfectly in that one moment, and seeing those two aspects come together so perfectly is almost nver done effectively. It's usually a tug-of-war between a good story and good game mechanics, and in this instance they worked together to make a very powerful video game moment.

The vault intro for fallout 3.

All of Ocarina of Time.

People complain about how terrible modern videogames are, but most of my favorite moments have actually been from this generation of consoles, so I don't get the hate. The writing in videogames is better than EVER before.

suntt123

Jun 3, 2013
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite.
Not much story in these games but...
Doing the 2 Tigrex quest. I was still kind of a rookie hunter at the time and after a long grueling battle, using a heavy bowgun I downed one of them. After nearly an hour of fighting there was 5 seconds left on the clock. The last Tigex was clearly injured but.... He was trying to fly away! There wasn't enough time left to find and kill him if he got away so I unloaded everything I had at him. 1 second left on the clock and he drops.

****WHEW****

That was the most intense hunt I ever had.

Kallindril

Apr 22, 2010
The moment I killed the Archfiend in Ninja Gaiden 2 on Master Ninja difficulty has to be at the top for me. :) It's one of the hardest games out there to finish on its own, let alone on the highest difficulty.

Aside from that, the ending of Mass Effect 2 was a highlight, after finishing the last boss when you're leaving the base. The scene near the end of the first F.E.A.R. game when Alma comes out of her chamber was chilling. And the scene where Constantine reveals himself to Garrett for the first time in Thief: The Dark Project - although I thought Thief 2 was the best game of that series, that was the best Thief moment of the series. Blowing up the Vigilance Platform at the end of Crusader: No Remorse is memorable too, but that's going back a ways to 1995...

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
There were so many great moments in Timesplitters 3.

I just pick this one because it's short and sweet.

This one, obviously! Yeah...it only has personal significance...also it's a literal rail shooter moment, and I like puns.

dragga

Mar 5, 2012
The opening of Mass Effect 2, when you walk to Joker and the roof has been ripped off and you can see the planet.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
These two are my absolute favorites:

Link getting the Hero's clothes in Twilight Princess, he goes from being trapped as a wolf to getting a heroic set of clothing and finally gets his sword and shield. I love it when Link gets his tunic in the games when he doesn't start out with them, since it feels like the adventure is truly beginning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IntQlrgVrIA

The scene before the final battle against N in Pokemon Black. N summons Zekrom, Reshiram appears and you have to catch it in order to battle N, Reshiram's battle theme is cool and the scene is just exciting considering the stakes in the story. Definitely one of my favorite end game sequences.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zTQrKjtqJQ

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
Any loot game- Seeing that orange/red/purple.

Front Mission 3 - All my wanzers are destroyed, save one, and all he has is hardblow. One enemy left, with full health in both arms, legs, but he's inches from death in his body. He unloads his shotgun right into me, but I barely survive.
My friends, landing that hardblow right where you need to in that tight a situation is unimaginable.

A recent one, playing melee Krieg in Borderlands 2, having a goliath jump at me and I cut him down one swipe in mid air.

ghostrider409895

Mar 7, 2010
T0ad 0f Truth said:
Favourite? I have to choose? D:

Aww poop... Well I'll give you my top 3. That's as far as I can narrow it down.

In no particular order,

I don't why exactly I love this one so much exactly, but it was exactly the cathartic ending you needing after doing all the quests for them. It was dark and bittersweet and sad, but at the same time hopeful and optimistic. I first saw it while playing as a kid, but it only got more impactful as I grew up.
I have to agree with you on this one. When I played this (and this was literally my second console game ever after Spider-Man: The Movie) when I was young, I didn't get as much out of it, but even then when I actually reached the full conclusion I could feel something.

Not only is there a lot more work involved in doing this mission, but as I played it was interesting to see how this strange boy you see put a letter in a box on the first day is really a man wanting to be married. He hasn't given up, and he is trying to still get back the his marriage mask. His finance is still hopeful for him, and even if the central town will certainly be destroyed by the moon she will not leave if she might get to see him. When they finally do get together, even though Kafei is a kid, even though they will be destroyed, they still embrace because they are together. I thought it was really fitting that the last part of the ending cinematic was them betting married.

Of some really memorable events and parts of all the Zelda games, I really did feel just this side mission was special.

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
Headsprouter said:
There were so many great moments in Timesplitters 3.

I just pick this one because it's short and sweet.

This one, obviously! Yeah...it only has personal significance...also it's a literal rail shooter moment, and I like puns.
Those 2 were pretty good. I also just loved the multiplayer moments in that game though. Be it killing bots with a friend or each other. The wonderful sounds of lighting people on fire. What fun!

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
KoudelkaMorgan said:
Getting the hyper beam in Super Metroid.

pew pew to FIRING MAH LAYZERZ!
For me probably the thing that directly proceeds that.