Your Favourite Minecraft Seed

gjkdioepppp

Dec 7, 2008
So, Escapist, what is your favourite Minecraft seed that you've used?
Mines "Symphony"...It has pretty much every type of terrain; Mountains, Snow, Desert etc.

thelonewolf266

Nov 18, 2010
Sorry completely off-topic but I had to say it, your avatar is awesome I take it its from that draw batman with your eyes closed thread from a while back.

Oh and Archespore is a pretty good seed lots of crazy terrain that makes no sense but looks awesome.

gjkdioepppp

Dec 7, 2008
Yep, that it is.
I inexplicably have made a connection with this weird, funky batman drawing.

Doragon Shinzui

Dec 7, 2009
Hrm...
I've had a few good ones but it's been a while. If I remember correctly Ravenholm (Yes, that Ravenholm) turned out fairly well, with several lava pools and an over all interesting wasteland appeal, but aside from that I can't remember any particularly epic ones.

chronicfc

Jun 1, 2011
"Floating island pl0x" was fairly successful, didn't give me a floating island but I did get some interesting mountains

TheEvilCheese

Cheesey.
Dec 16, 2008
chronicfc said:
"Floating island pl0x" was fairly successful, didn't give me a floating island but I did get some interesting mountains
Glacier is pretty popular, it has nice mountains and a decent floating island very close to spawn.

I tend to use random seeds, because all the fun is in the exploration of a new world for me.

LordOmnit

Oct 8, 2007
I had a few that were good, but then they ended up generating different terrain as the versions kept coming out.
My favorite was "101" around update 1.3 or 1.4
Started in an area with lots and lots of trees and a nearby pit that had a skeleton dungeon not too far from the surface, so quick to farm bones and arrows. Although not too much clay- that could've just been a problem with the clay glitch, though.

Jan 27, 2011
The seed I really like most is

Giant desert, a nice forest near a small ocean, and some crazy awesome cliff formations. Hopefully it's not going to get changed too much with the new update tweaking the world generator.

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
gargamel and y2k.
gargamel is a massive mountain range and y2k is 'normal' but i just like it because theres a lot of flatland.

Amondren

Oct 15, 2009
minecraft is a pretty awesome seed. It's full of mountains and completely random terrain.

Midnight Crossroads

Jul 17, 2010
Ozymandias

Spawns you at a shallow harbor with a desert on one side and a forest on the other with an open pool of lava on the forest side. There's also some cacti and sugarcane at the spawnpoint. Lots of interesting terrain too.