Your favourite music in videogames?

Dys

Sep 10, 2008
Platinum117 post=9.69685.667703 said:
I also enjoyed assassins creed chase music, right after you've impaled somepoor fuckers throat and talked to them for about 2 mins afterwards the resulting chase with the music is very good.
I found it hilarious to replace it with yakitee sax.

Dys

Sep 10, 2008
Pretty much anything off every zelda game I've played (so nintendo 64 and snes versions mostly)

Magugag

Jun 25, 2008
Nobuo Uematsu's compositions for Final Fantasy are beyond reproach in my eyes, simply brilliant pieces.

KierzoSBC

Sep 4, 2008
The most epic music i've ever heard in a game was PES2, when you wim the league you get Queen: We are the champions.

Made the hairs on the back of my neck stand!

*edit*
Oh and i loved having Pressure Drop by Toots and the Maytals in San Andreas. Cruising round the countryside listening to that tune was a great feeling.

Magugag

Jun 25, 2008
Oh, and I forgot. Takeharu Ishimoto did really well with Crisis Core's theme, I could listen to that over and over again and it would still give me the shivers.

tuglowz

Jul 6, 2008
METAL GEAR SOLID TWO THE ENTRANCE ITS A GREAT PEACE OF MUSIC I DONT JUST LIKE IT I LOVE IT AND THE ENTRANCE THAT GOES WITH IS PERFECT

Dolly Dagger

Sep 12, 2008
I really enjoyed the music from Okami. It was so nice and distinctive and it suited every mood/zone in the game.

.. I'm gonna go and listen to the soundtrack now.

ComradeRussell

Sep 9, 2008
HoI2: Doomsday and Halo.

Period.

Some of the Hearts of Iron stuff is just amazing classical and inspiring music, perfect for the game..plus you can edit the sounds files and add in new stuff like Carmina Burana O' Fortuna etc

Jamanticus

Sep 7, 2008
whiteshodan post=9.69685.667708 said:
I like the music from the first two Metroid prime games. I haven't played the last so I cant say. The Music from halo at parts is pretty awesome. My favorite has to be Mass Effect.
ME had some great music- it was often so subtle and reserved, but whenever there was a huge, pivotal moment in the game (and they were rare, so they never wore out their welcome) the music got absolutely breathtaking...

God's Clown

Aug 8, 2008
Diablo 1 and 2 OST, Warcraft 2 OST, Star Ocean Till The End of Time, Final Fantasy games. There is probably more, just don't remember.

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
Mass Effect is total awesomeness. The Half-Life series' stuff is pretty good, too. Halo's sounds nice but it's that one song over and over again, so it gets old fast.