Your favourite PS1 game.

Minic

Dec 18, 2007
Mine would have to be Crash Bandicoot 3. I always really enjoyed the series; it had none of that "run-and-jump around in giant levels collecting stuff" gameplay that the N64 was flogging to death after Mario 64. Just simple, straightforward stages, with variety, re-playability and a decent challenge. Plus some terrific graphics and animation. Couldn't ask for much more.

shre123

Feb 14, 2008
Final fantasy 8 for sure, amazing story, super fun gameplay and awesome graphics to boot. Simply the best final fantasy created so far.

aegis7

Jun 20, 2007
Final Fantasy....Tactics! Alas, I am a mere sissy boy that at the time had an especially hostile relationship with the Christian church as imagined as a giant blob of unilateral evil. In all honesty, I don't know if I would get half as much glee out of it now.

But it was a really solid game that rewarded dedicated thievery and who cannot appreciate that?

smallharmlesskitten

Not David Bowie
Apr 3, 2008
Tombi 2

great mix of adventure,action and some talky talky puzzle solvey
also has a good storyline that doesnt require the main character to talk

+ mean sidequests to get teh cool shit

even though i think is wierd there are talking monkeys and pigs with superpowers. oh yeah and the dudes love is all about food but is that any different in real life
its still a great game
buyz itz nowzors

I know H.T.M.L as well: how to meet ladies

Nugoo

Jan 25, 2008
FFVII by a country mile, on account of its pure awesome in every respect: story, gameplay, graphics, sound, everything. It was the first video game I got into, so originality wasn't an issue. Now, it has been cemented in my good graces by nostalgia, and no amount of logic or even better games will displace it as my favorite game of all time.

EDIT: Xenogears and FFT occupy my #2, and #3 spot, so I think they deserve a mention.

smallharmlesskitten

Not David Bowie
Apr 3, 2008
-Hey dude can you see that? it looks like....
-Fanboys..Final Fantasy fanboys....
RUN!!!!!!!!

note: final fantasy 10 rules

preston1022

Apr 1, 2008
Chrono cross/trigger, final fantasy 6-8, megaman legends (for the coolest plot twist), silent hill, and of course Tobal No.1.

What i loved most of all was the soundtrack. gameplay was good but soundtrack is to be the top sellpoint.

Batadon

Jan 17, 2008
It's a tossup between Parasite Eve and SaGa Frontier II... Parasite Eve's the only survivalish horror game I've ever liked (prolly because it's more sci-fi than horror), and I just love Frontier 2's timeline. 100 years of in-depth history over three generations, I've just seen nothing like it since then...

Man_In_Gauze

Mar 2, 2008
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Heritage For The Future or Star Wars: Episode I OR Jedi Power Battles.

...yeah. The first one because I love the manga to death, the second two because I simply played them the most.

ReepNeep

Jan 21, 2008
Bushido Blade. My friend lonny and I got into 200+ round matches on multiple occasions in that game. One good hit meaning a kill just made the game so intense.

Minic

Dec 18, 2007
smallharmlesskitten said:
Tombi 2

even though i think is wierd there are talking monkeys and pigs with superpowers. oh yeah and the dudes love is all about food but is that any different in real life
its still a great game
buyz itz nowzors
Kinda hard to do that. It's quite rare and expensive.

I do have a demo of the original game, and I played that a LOT. I tried to go back to it recently but was quickly bored. I immediately knew how to do most of the missions, removing the challenge.

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
Speed Freaks, Crash Team Racing, Crash Bandicoot 1, Croc, FF VIII, or Legend of Dragoon. Some of my favourites. There may be a few more, though...

smallharmlesskitten

Not David Bowie
Apr 3, 2008
Minic said:
smallharmlesskitten said:
Tombi 2

its still a great game
buyz itz nowzors
Kinda hard to do that. It's quite rare and expensive.

I do have a demo of the original game, and I played that a LOT. I tried to go back to it recently but was quickly bored. I immediately knew how to do most of the missions, removing the challenge.

yeah i got when it first came out and my local video store still stocks both tombi 1 and tombi 2 i think they have like 3 copies.

i have no idea what this will be in american $ but they are on average $30NZ over here second hand of course.

its still the best game in the world and i still havent finsished all the missions i needed like 3 more or something

Strafe Mcgee

Jan 25, 2008
Tekken 3. Me and a friend played that game for 12 hours straight... We had at least 50 Hwoarang Vs Xiaoyu fights... Me as Hwoarang usually winning of course :)

-Javelin-

Dec 7, 2007
Legend of kartia, back when i played ps1 i didnt have the money for FFT
And although not as good as FFT conventionally it still had an interesting
combat systema and a half decent story.