Your favourite PS1 game.

Jessiah

Mar 25, 2008
Xenogears

I think I play RPG's for a different reason than a lot of people do. I play for the story. Xenogears, to me and most likely only me and two and a half other people, had some of the most riveting and heart wrenching stories I've ever seen in a game. For once I was exposed to an RPG where the characters actually grew up as the game went on. They came to realize that the world isn't as easy as "You're evil now die" and "I'm good because I'm supposed to be good." No no...when it starts they are all essentially "good" in their own ways and in their own eyes. But it's when they're contrasted with each other that they realize the world is sooooo much bigger than their internal struggles. Oop, the rambling stops NOW!

dekkarax

Apr 3, 2008
L4Y Duke said:
Future Cop: LAPD.
I LOVED that game, I spent ages looking for it, it was so hard to find, even during the PS1's heyday. I eventually found it by chance, and still play precinct assualt today :)

ffxfriek

Apr 3, 2008
i would have to say any of the final fantasy games rocked..rele only game series that i rele can honestly say I enjoy

Foxx.Kitt

Apr 5, 2008
Dino Crisis because it featured DINOSAURS!!! :3 and besides the fact that it was good fun all around.

Omnidum

Mar 27, 2008
CB 1-3 and Spyro the dragon, I know that I am a little too old for those games, but I still play them.

Nettacki

Feb 25, 2008
My main favorite is FFVII, followed by Tekken 2-3, the Gran Turismo games, the first 2 Tony Hawk games, and some of the Crash and Spyro games. Loved them all really, plus there are more PS1 games I liked that can make this list too big.

Mr. Bubbles

Sep 27, 2007
Legend of the Dragoon without a doubt. I'd probably still play it if my friend hadn't lost the 2nd disc when I lent it to him years ago, damn him. FFIX (my first ever FF game) and Spyro 3 (my first ever PS game) deserve honorable mentions as well.

danimal1384

Sep 18, 2007
Jessiah said:
Xenogears

I think I play RPG's for a different reason than a lot of people do. I play for the story. Xenogears, to me and most likely only me and two and a half other people, had some of the most riveting and heart wrenching stories I've ever seen in a game. For once I was exposed to an RPG where the characters actually grew up as the game went on. They came to realize that the world isn't as easy as "You're evil now die" and "I'm good because I'm supposed to be good." No no...when it starts they are all essentially "good" in their own ways and in their own eyes. But it's when they're contrasted with each other that they realize the world is sooooo much bigger than their internal struggles. Oop, the rambling stops NOW!
preach good sir, PREACH!! can i get an ahmen.?

Pipotchi

Jan 17, 2008
Suikoden 2 by a country mile, amazing story and characters and a plot that twists all over the shop

njsykora

Sep 11, 2007
Ape Escape, the game that sold me on dual analog controls therefore setting me up for my entire gaming life from 2000 onwards. 2nd and 3rd would go to Time Crisis: Project Titan and Ridge Racer Type 4.

I'm impressed by the amount of different games coming out in this thread it has to be said.

Tony Harrison

Jan 28, 2008
How can you pick just one? I'd go with Tekken 2 if I had to, but Resident Evil and Gran Turismo should be mentioned as they also define that era for me.

AnGeL.SLayer

Oct 8, 2007
..Frogger...Come on he was down right adorable trying to save the baby frogs. hehe The game was actually pretty challenging too. At least for the age I was when it came out.

^_^