Your favourite PS1 game.

dislea

Jan 8, 2008
oh my, well ff7 and 8 obviously but also MGS (its just awesome lets face it!), vagrant story, wipeout and tekken 3 and soul reaver (almost perfect 3d action game, at the time i wished tomb raider could play like it!) and tomb raider 2 (really loved the opening in China and the Venice levels were so well made!)... i could go on but I'll stop there.

AnGeL.SLayer

Oct 8, 2007
I used to play this game with my brother and for the life of me I can't remember the name of it. It was set in the future and you went around killing machines that had taken over the world. You could like...take over the machine and turn into it. I think you pretty much had to take over a machine, I don't think the game offered any weapons for you to use other than the specific function the machine did. The game was almost puzzle like in how you had to move around. You could play single or two player. Though it seemed like it was really meant to be two player. Does anyone recall this game? or am I crazy? lol Thanks

^_^

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
Mr. Bubbles said:
Legend of the Dragoon without a doubt. I'd probably still play it if my friend hadn't lost the 2nd disc when I lent it to him years ago, damn him. FFIX (my first ever FF game) and Spyro 3 (my first ever PS game) deserve honorable mentions as well.
WOW! Another LOD player! Nice to meet you!

Voodoo Child

Dec 13, 2007
Definately MGS1, to be sure, but I prefer the Gamecube remake. Still my favourite plot of any game to date.

However, there was some game called "Tiny Toon Gran Prix" or something like that. It had a train in it that you could race as. That's all I can remember as I was like 6 years old and I only played it like 3 times, but I know I loved it.

spazzattack

Mar 25, 2008
Crash Team Racing and Metal of Honor. They are the only 2 games to have survived for more than 10 years, and I love them for it.

Dealin Burgers

Feb 21, 2008
Silent Hill 1, scariest shit ever when i was 8(?), though the original syphon filter was a close second

Dosed

Mar 26, 2008
I played the shit out my PS1 therefore I have a few games under my sleeve:

Croc - A cute little cwocodile, awwwwwwwwww.
Spyro the Dragon - A cute little dwagon, awwwwwwww.
Crash Bandicoot - One of the best games ever invented. Brilliant graphics, gameplay, replayability etc.
Gran Turismo - Loved that game because I was too young to get frustrated at the driving license challenges.
Hogs of War - How can no one mention this!? It's bloody brilliant. Strategy war game ... with pigs!

The list goes on... but it's supposed to be about my favourite game but I couldn't pick one.

noolli

Feb 5, 2008
final fantasy 7 was the best game and the only one i still play now. but most enjoyable was g police. it was fun. final fantasy was great for story but thats it, maybe it should have of been an interactive movie instead. g police had a cool flying helicopter with impossible controls. which i never learnt.

jim_doki

Mar 29, 2008
How is it i'm the only one who sees fit to introduce Wild Arms to this convo?

GrimRox

Feb 22, 2008
The ultimate PS1 game is without doubt Resident Evil 2, creepy as hell, massive game, Mr X, need I say more? Resi Rules!

Other than that Jedi Power Battles deserves a mention because that's why I bought a PS1 and it was so worth it, probably one of the best Star Wars games ever to be made besides KOTOR. Tekken 3 took up a large amount of teenage years for being awesome and so did the best Final Fantasy game to date, FFIX! Oh and Metal Gear Solid, I really could write a massive list here.

Seirhune

Oct 18, 2007
Do mine eyes deceive me? Has no one uttered the title Castlevania: Symphony of the Night? Egads, they have not! So I shall! C:SotN was a spiffy game on the PS1.

MegamattZero

Oct 5, 2004
Cougers said:
Syphon Filter for the PS1 will always have a place in my heart!
That game rocked!! Logan will own you!
The first and second game was the best one in its series. Next came Omega. The third one sucked ass.

MegamattZero

Oct 5, 2004
My favorite game on ps1 was Megaman Legends. Next came FFVII and FFVIII, Legend of Dragoon, Parasite Eve, Bloody Roar, Syphon Filter 1, Crash Team Racing, Wild Arms, Chrono Cross, Jade Cocoon, Resident Evil 2, Metal Gear Solid, Street Fighter Alpha, Marvel v.s Capcom, and many many more.