Your favourite PS1 game.

MattClassic

Feb 21, 2008
Valkyrie Profile, hands down. Challenging but never frustrating, packed to the hilt with secrets (Seraphic Gate!), fun battle system, and most importantly, a BRILLIANT story. Every single back-story for the Einherjar you recruit was absolutely heart-wrenching.

Resident Evil is a close second, if only because it was the very first PS1 game I ever played, and was the start of my continuing obsession with all things zombie-related.

Farinha

Apr 10, 2008
How come no one said Silent Bomber?! or the Misandventures of Tron Bonne ? those two games were awsome !

ingsoc

Feb 12, 2008
So many games, so little time. From a quality perspective, the original Playstation was the greatest of all consoles. It had more quality titles than any system before or since without a doubt. I simply cannot choose a favorite game, instead, will list the great ones my genre.

Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy Tactics
Road Rash
Tomb Raider
Metal Gear Solid
Resident Evil

Psykoo

Apr 9, 2008
L4Y Duke said:
Future Cop: LAPD.
Future Cop LAPD was amazing, it kept me entertained more than most final fantasy's because whenever there was a boss at the end of a LONG LONG LONG LONG walk getting to somewhere, if you died, which was sometimes the case, you had to do all the walking and battles again to get there, was majorly annoying! but seems though there is a vast amount of final fantasy fans out there i cant really say much lol

Arkitext

Mar 25, 2008
Honourable mention has to go to Gran Turismo and GT 2! Just brings back warm feelings. Claiming the graphics were amazing and they were back then... Not to mention the huge range of cars, ability to upgrade almost ALL of them to a GT Racing pattern/style for 100,000 credits, and the driving license modes.

All-time favourite has to be MGS though. Foxhound were awesome villains, exactly how you want a Super-Villain team to be, each conforming to the codename style, with their own weapon styles... So freak cool. >_< Smokin' Russian Babe with a Sniper Rifle? Check! Grizzled 6-Shot Cowboy? Check! Mini-Gun Wielding Shaman? Check! Katana Swinging Cyborg Ninja? Check! Psychic Gimp? Check! Freaking Huge Nuclear Rail-Gun Equipped Dinosaur Robot? Check! Check! Check!

Not to mention it was the first Stealth Game of it's kind on the PSOne, one where you had to sneak around instead of shoot everything till it stopped twitching, it gave you a choice in how to proceed that was more important than just choosing which corridor to take, it let you decide to kill or not to kill.

Good memories.

SimpleReally

Feb 4, 2008
Tekken 3

no game has ever dominated a genre as much as tekken, it had depth, great graphics and music, intuitive and unique gameplay, loading times were absent, it had theater mode for god's sake. Multiplayer was impossible to get bored of. it was perfecy in every way