Your favourite quote(s)?

MintberryCrunch

Aug 20, 2011
"Politics drive me crazy, and I don't like talking politics. Politics get in the way of things; they get in the way of getting things done, and getting our music across is what we wanna do" - James Hetfield

As a musician who is actively disinterested in politics, I can really relate to this. Also the fact that James Hetfield is one of my main inspirations in music.

So, your own favourite quotes?

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggie" until you can find a rock.
-Will Rogers-

That one has always made me chuckle.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
You can always count on Americans to do the right thing ...... after they?ve tried everything else.

'Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.'

Winston Churchill, best British politician EVER.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winston_Churchill

Captain Pirate

Nov 18, 2009
"It is better to die upon your feet, than live upon your knees!" - Emiliano Zapata
"It is not a matter of who's going to allow me, but who is going to stop me." - A real-life superhero called Death's Head Moth.
"What business is it of yours what I do, as long as I do not hurt another human being?2 - Bill Hicks.

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool." - Shakespeare.

platinawolf

Oct 27, 2009
No matter how dark the night, morning always comes, and our journey begins anew. -Lulu Final Fantasy X

n19h7m4r3

Sep 9, 2008
Socrates:
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable"

Dominic Burchnall

Jun 13, 2011
Athol said:
Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggie" until you can find a rock.
-Will Rogers-

That one has always made me chuckle.
Wonderful, I'm going to start using that now, don't know when it would be appriopriate but I will.

My three personal favourites are;

"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained." - Mark Twain.

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. If he is able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. If he is both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? If he is neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus.

"When you feel you cannot continue in your position for another minute, and all that is in human power has been done, that is the moment when the enemy is most exhausted, and when one step forward will give you the fruits of the struggle you have borne." - Winston Churchill