Your favourite Universe made into a MMO?

Amardor

Jan 25, 2010
What Universe either from a film/novel/game/manga/comic etc, would you like to be made into a MMO, obviously this thread is aimed at MMO fans who have played an MMO but wished they could of been a Pirate! or a Ninja! But no classes such as those existed.

For me personally I would like an MMO based on the Final Fantasy 8 Universe. (FF11 was not based on the 8 Universe) I would love to be a S.E.E.D student post Time compression and Ultimecia being defeated with Squall as a lecturer and Zell teaching out in the Yards, Choice of weapon, Choice of clothing styles, Junction existing as a system to let me make my character how I want without the enemy knowing I'm a "Mage" or "Warrior" All they'd see is my Gunblade while I cast Firaga!

It does not have to be RPG it can be a FPS style MMO aswell, so you could say Counter-Strike MMO where you chose a class and do levels with mates and find new guns and upgrades at the end of Missions.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Is there an ETA on that World of Darkness MMO, yet?

Not sure the Nasuverse would work as one, or I'd bring that up, too.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Firefly. Or Discworld.

[HEADING=1][/thread][/HEADING]

Seriously. They would both be awesome. Who wouldn't want to be in the Assassin's Guild and try killing Vetinari? Or outrunning/outgunning a bunch of Reavers with Jayne and Vera?

CymTyr

Mar 22, 2009
I would like the worlds that the Dark Tower series takes place in. Obviously you wouldn't be able to play as Roland or the main characters, but that doesn't mean you couldn't play as someone either when Roland was a kid, or during Roland's quest (basically unrelated to the Dark Tower story itself, but related in that you're in the same world and can affect how easily Roland's quest progresses).

Keep in mind it's a big world and he only ever is on one continent in it, and when he goes to our world he's only in New York and Maine. There's a lot of room to work with on this one.

Amardor

Jan 25, 2010
One I didn't mention earlier, Harry Potter. You could pick which house to be in, What type of Witch/Wizard.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Trivun said:
Firefly. Or Discworld.

Seriously. They would both be awesome. Who wouldn't want to be in the Assassin's Guild and try killing Vetinari? Or outrunning/outgunning a bunch of Reavers with Jayne and Vera?
DISCWORLD!!!

I wanna be a mage at U.U. !!!

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
The world which Paula Volsky created for her books. I don't think she named to world, though. I hope most of you know what I'm talking about, since her books are amazing (at least to me).

Batfred

Nov 11, 2009
A Transformers Gen 1 MMO? Mwah, quick close the curtains, buy a van of cheetos and mountain dew and lock the doors. Settle the divorce and get me some vitamin D supplements. It's going to be a long month!

Failing that, DCUO is already in production. Gah!

Computer-Noob

Mar 21, 2009
Twilight

Probably the Mario World universe as an MMO.

Since it could work even if it was sort of crappy, and it could be awesome if done right.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
I'm still hoping "The Agency" is going to be good, and not turn based.
I did enjoy the Lord of the Rings MMO.

The kind of MMO I'd want couldn't be classed as an MMO, but just a multiplayer FPS. Consistent world would be quite fun though, but I don't particularly like unlocks in an FPS, and I'm bored of other MMORPGs (and I've played quite a few).
/offtopic.

Back to the Future, because for it to work it would have to be insanely complicated with everyone changing history every 10 seconds.

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
Pokemon MMO! I would love to play it, I don't care what anyone thinks!

ssj4raditz

Jan 26, 2009
Battletech. But more drawing from the mythology presented in the novels, not so much the previous games that have been made.

Barring that, a Redwall MMO would be interesting.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Revelation Space Universe. Cyborgs and aliens and relativistic railguns and spending decades in hybernation for interstellar travel. I would love it. Fight the Inhibitors!

ma55ter_fett

Oct 6, 2009
Trivun said:
Firefly. Or Discworld.

Discworld would be awesome.