Your "FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU" Moments...

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Hi guys! You all okay? Feeling stressed? No? Well, you will be soon, when you read through everyone's moments where they just had to go "Fffffuuuuuuu..." ;D

Yep, in this thread, I want to hear all about those moments. Any time when you've been playing a game and have had to yell that out, whether by mere misfortune, or something more sinister...

As for my own story, and thus the inspiration for this thread, it comes from earlier today. I was playing Final Fantasy XIII, and having completed the game I'm now trying to track down and beat every Mission monster. With three left to go, I started fighting one of the toughest ones earlier today. Two twinned monsters, unable to be hurt physically, save when Staggered (after building a tough chain of attacks). I spent about an hour yesterday, and another two hours today, trying to find a decent strategy to use. The internet didn't help. The Final Fantasy Wiki didn't help. Every strategy I found was useless. So I started to experiment. After plenty of tries, I finally found one that seemed to work. Eventually, I found myself in a fight against my target boss monsters, lasting at least ten minutes (a long time for an FF13 fight), and dealt so much damage. Upon Stagger, focusing on one monster at a time, I could do almost three quarters of maximum damge each, and finish them off with another stagger. I was literally seconds away from victory, my final remaining opponent on its literal last breath... and then it killed my party leader. Game over. All that hard work and time spent... ruined.

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...!?!

(And yes, for those who know the game, it was Mission 62, with the two raktavija...)

[small]EDIT 1: If anyone has been having the same trouble I had, and wants to know my strategy, then feel free to ask - aside from that hiccup I mention above, it seems to be working much better than anything else, even than what was posted on the FF Wiki ;D

EDIT 2: Welp, I finally did it, using my strategy that got me so close before. Took a few tries, but oh well. And now, all I have left to get 100% are the development Achievements, the final Mission (a 'superboss'), and 5-stars for every mission. And I can't be bothered to do all those, so I've simply saved the game, to finish at a much later date. Time to move on to other games now, starting with my most recent purchase. Alan Wake's American Nightmare... ;D
[/small]

Outcast107

Mar 20, 2009
Dark souls. I don't need a moment. Just Dark souls itself. Love that game but FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

ChildishLegacy

Apr 16, 2010
Almost Every level after you get into Hell on Super Meat Boy.
At least once per level you WILL get to the very end and sprint into the easiest obstacle you've ever seen. Such a a rage inducing game, but such a good platformer.

Kingme18

Destroyer of Worlds
Mar 26, 2011
Outcast107 said:
Dark souls. I don't need a moment. Just Dark souls itself. Love that game but FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!
This. A thousand times this. That game.... Oh, believe me, I beat it.... but that game... just thinking about it... FUUU-! It was an awesome game though.

Other than that, I think I'll go with when I got run over by the forklift in Battlefield 3.

Outcast107

Mar 20, 2009
Kingme18 said:
Outcast107 said:
This. A thousand times this. That game.... Oh, believe me, I beat it.... but that game... just thinking about it... FUUU-! It was an awesome game though.

Other than that, I think I'll go with when I got run over by the forklift in Battlefield 3.
Though one moment sticks out. It the bed of chaos. DAMN I HATE THAT GUY!

Oh yeah he was pretty damn easy, but you just had to time it right to jump down the pit and on to the small small..SMALL area of a ramp. hate it, hate it, HATE IT! Though still love the game, on my second play through now and almost beat it. Just need to beat the four kings FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

VincentR

Apr 17, 2011
Ugh. I was enjoying Dark Soul until I got to the fortress where you have to dodge the swinging-axes or whatever. I HATE timing based puzzles where it's perfect, or you die. And avoiding the lightning-lizards or whatever (I really can't recall - this was back when the game came out) while also avoiding the axes - while being melee based. Ugh.. FFFFFUUUUUU.

Just stepped away from the game and haven't touched it since.

A more general example though: Every. Single. Time. I hit a light-post while flying a helicopter or jet in Battlefield 3. EVERY SINGLE TIME. PUUULLLL UUUUUPPPPP *BOOOOMSPLOSIONOMFGWTF*

daveman247

Jan 20, 2012
Outcast107 said:
Seconded: So many souls down the shitter. But i love the game to bits :p

Had another moment just yesterday in fact. When playing syndicate (new one) the game froze while it was saving in singleplayer. Upon reloading the game i found that the save file had corrupted, leaving me unable to progress. "No problem" i said, "ill just replay the last chapter to get back to where i was". However upon completing said chapter again it just boots you back to the main menu instead of carrying on. I have had to start the game again...... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!! (Flips desk).

Moral: Damn games having only automatic saves these days. If that one file gets corrupted what the hell do you do? :/

Seraj

Nov 27, 2010
Dungeons of Dredmor, the lack of autosave has caused my head to (metaphorically) implode on multiple occasions.

I'll be sat there for a good 2-3 hours just grinding away, cleaning a whole floor of monsters, when all of a sudden MONSTER FARM! And I get attacked by about 50 ranged creatures whilst running like mad. Doesn't help its a turn based game either.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Either when my save files was corrupted so I have to start from the beginining and the time I fail at the chance to capture a shiny Slugma in Pokemon Diamond all because of the stupid partner AI (he fainted it).

daveman247

Jan 20, 2012
Midgeamoo said:
At least once per level you WILL get to the very end and sprint into the easiest obstacle you've ever seen. Such a a rage inducing game, but such a good platformer.
Also seconded: The last level against dr Fetus: Good god.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Ah..... good ol Mission 62, I know that mission real well, and I remember dying a bunch too. One isn't that bad, but two? Yeah, fuck you game.

That will be my moment too since I've had a few times where I was this close to beating that mission but died.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
I was getting pretty frustrated with Dark Souls when I kept nearly killing one of those Dark Souls when he impaired me.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Ah..... good ol Mission 62, I know that mission real well, and I remember dying a bunch too. One isn't that bad, but two? Yeah, fuck you game.

That will be my moment too since I've had a few times where I was this close to beating that mission but died.
Hoohoo, did you ever manage to beat it in the end?

ChildishLegacy

Apr 16, 2010
daveman247 said:
Midgeamoo said:
Also seconded: The last level against dr Fetus: Good god.
I only really gave Super Meat Boy a full play through a couple of days ago, and that last boss fight and the level before it probably took me a combined total of 1-1.5 hours, my A button made an indent on my thumb that lasted a good few hours. The satisfaction when you finally rescue that dumb pink ***** that keeps forgetting to check behind her back every time you 'rescue' her is pretty awesome though.

Kahunaburger

May 6, 2011
MW2 multiplayer. Some of it is fun, but quite a lot of it involves:

A) Killing people in ways the can't counter (Predator, AC-130, blindsiding, etc), which is unsatisfying,
B) Getting killed in ways you can't counter, which is rage-inducing.

But then I graduated to non-shitty multiplayer shooters so the story has a happy ending :D

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
Rayman, oh god Rayman makes me want to kill things. Mistimed jumps resulting in death are far less annoying when there isn't a lives and continues system to go with them.

dimensional

Jun 13, 2011
I remember forgetting to equip a ribbon in FFVII when scaling the Gaea cliffs last save was quite a while back and what happens Malboro appears uses bad breath im hit with all the status effects and can only watch as I slowly die from poison and his weak ass attacks.

Persona 4 been fighting for 2 hours inside the castle stage (right at the start) then I go and face the first mini boss what happens he crits me twice knocking me down next turn he does it again and I die, I just remember looking at the screen and thinking are you shitting me two hours wasted in seconds thanks to 4 lucky hits.

Ninja Gaiden (xbox) there is one section where you return to later in the game and have to defeat loads of the rock hard red demons to get a heart item thing (whatever it was it gave you more life) now not fancying my chances against so many I cheaped it by going to a ledge they couldnt reach and slowly (very slowly) killed them all with the underwater needle gun after just over an hour they are all dead I go to collect the item and the game crashes.

Ninja Gaiden again doing one of the challenges to get another of those items this time against the black demon things after a bloody hard fight I am victorious and again the game crashes so thoroughly pissed off I do it again and the game crashes again. I think my blood pressure may have been a bit high that day.

Nothing will beat my annoyance of `Hyper` Sagat though in SF2 good god so many FU moments there Hyper,Hyper,Hyper Hyper uppercut etc I swear sometimes he was unbeatable and every time you have to watch him talking all smug to you `youre not a warrior youre a beginner` just FU Sagat.

Slightly unrelated but I have been playing those combat books online vs the comp a bit lately and my champion of 50 battles just got killed by a ridiculously cheap enemy who just drains all the life from you the result well since im dead and how the save state works I lose all my stat upgrades and equipment effectively being put back to square one, yeah not happy especially as it was such a cheap loss as they didnt damage me until right at the end (to friggin kill me instead of k.o, guess they really wanted to rub it in) all they did was dodge almost everything and somehow just absorb all my life.

Kingme18

Destroyer of Worlds
Mar 26, 2011
Outcast107 said:
Though one moment sticks out. It the bed of chaos. DAMN I HATE THAT GUY!

Oh yeah he was pretty damn easy, but you just had to time it right to jump down the pit and on to the small small..SMALL area of a ramp. hate it, hate it, HATE IT! Though still love the game, on my second play through now and almost beat it. Just need to beat the four kings FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!
Oh man, that guy.... "run run run, almost there! *Get swiped down the hole*FUUUUUU- *Respawn* Ok ok ok I got it this time ok nothing swiped me now if I can just make the jum- FUUUUUU!"

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
There's a particular thief-race in AC:Brotherhood I cannot complete and have posted once here and once on the youtube walkthrough already.

Basically, ~7-10 seconds left on the clock and every time I try jumping from one building to the other, he instead dives into a haystack. No matter what angle I do, and that's not enough time to climb the building where the near-last marker is.