Your first anime series

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
What was the first anime series that you remember watching? And what year did you first watch it?
For me, it was either Ronin Warriors or Dragon Ball Z, way back in the mid 90's.

The Apothecarry

Mar 6, 2011
Grenadier: The Beautiful Warrior. The only other ones I really like are Ghost in the Shell and Fullmetal Alchemist.

Anime is very hit or miss with me.

ten.to.ten

Mar 17, 2011
Neon Genesis Evangelion when I was about 13 in the mid-late 90s. That was a hell of an eye opener.

E-Z

Jul 2, 2009
Mine was Dragonball Z back in early naughties on Cartoon Network. There was another anime on after it but I can't remember what it was called. I just remember it had a little pet that could turn into a huge space ship =/

Archangel768

Nov 9, 2010
Well the first ones I would have seen were stuff like Pokemon and the other usual animes shown on tv. I was a lot younger at the time and for some reason hated them because they were popular. I also had no idea they were 'Anime' or what anime was and I had no idea they were Japanese.

A few years later, my brother started getting into anime because of my sister's husband. Gundam Seed was one of the first he bought the DVDs for. That was my first anime. And around the same time I watched Chrono Crusade.

RoyalSorceress

Jun 15, 2010
Yu-Gi-Oh, which led me to subscribe to Shonen Jump magazine, which in turn guided my to all the other manga I like.

Elven Marksman

Jun 27, 2008
Elfen Lied and Claymore at roughly the same time

Hahahaha, that the first ones I watched all through, I've seen others that were on TV like yu-gi-oh when I was younger...

But yeah, Elfen Lied and Claymore were the first series I saw, not really the first episodes =D

WildSeraph

Jan 5, 2011
My first anime were Cardcaptor Sakura (Cardcaptors) and Sailor Moon. I didn't really think about anime back then, as I was quite young, and I thought those shows were too girly for a male like me to be allowed to enjoy. Around 2007, I met a friend that introduced me to anime again.

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
Sailor Moon when I was a wee one. DBZ was probably on at that point too, I can't remember.

ddrfr33k

Nov 11, 2010
MegaMan, early '90s. Didn't know it was anime at the time, but that changed quickly...

The Wonder of the net

chasing ninjas and giant robots
Mar 12, 2011
dragonball Z, 3 of the gundam series that were good and they go as follows gundam wing on toonami 0089 stardust memoery on adultswim when they played good anime that they didnt just take off and on like now and gundam war in a pocket same as before, outlaw star, neon genesis eveangelion, and one giant robot anime that was like gundam seeds but both sides were contained in one place.

Discord

Monk of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2009
Tenchi Muyo - Taught me SOOOOOoooooooooooo Much about he pursuit of Women XD

I kid but seriously It was Nice

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
I was kind of against any type of animation for the longest time and thought that all anime was basically the same. I.E. All mech shows are Gundam, all shonen is Dragonball Z, and all magical girl is Sailor Moon.
so I never really watched a series all the way through until my friend showed me Gantz.
<youtube=2ZQRuuGNkyI>
That opening still kicks ass.
Long story short, I am currently watching 5 different anime series (code geass, Beelzebub, Star Driver, Freezing, and Kore wa zombie desu ka?)

Chemical Alia

Feb 1, 2011
Maya the Bee or that one with the two koalas when I was like, 8. I had no idea how cartoons worked back then, but was still confused by how choppy and cheap looking the animation was. Those also happened to be the last anime cartoons that I voluntarily watched, lol.