Your first concert.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
I don't count the Fall Out Boy one as my first concert so it'd be the Escape to Plastic Beach tour by Gorillaz.

Stammer

Apr 16, 2008
I've only been to a couple of concerts in my time. It wasn't until about 3 years ago that I cared about music at all, so that's a pretty big reason.

But I do know that my first real concert was Alice Cooper. He was awesome. I had a lot of fun.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I went to see Queen + Paul Rodgers in 2006 and loved every minute of it. Since then I have been to see Voltaire live whenever I go to the states and he is touring. I must say both Queen and Voltaire are absolutely amazing live and worth every penny :)

PoliceBox63

Apr 7, 2010
Passion Pit in the Savoy, Cork last March the 12th.

I didn't know who they were then but I thought they were good.
These days I like them more but not fanatically so.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
Assuming we're not talking about small local acts.

I went to a Lollapaloza in 1992. All my brothers and I went. The trip was miserable because well let me put it this way I was 5'10" at 12 years old and all my brothers were well over 6'4".
I remember it being awesome beyond compare. It set the bar pretty high for my concerting standards.

Also side note, I remember that's when we all found out our oldest brother was gay. Cuz he started making out with a dude when he was drunk (my brother was 21 or 22 at the time) Keep in mind in the early 90's gay men were assumed to be festering AIDS time-bombs.

EDIT: My brother is in perfect health aside from normal health issues that come with being 7' tall.

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
I count Rush's 2008 eight concert as my first one and second favorite of the few I've been to

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I guess I will be the first post a none rock concert.

I was 13 when I went and saw the Phoenix Symphony perform Handel's Messiah, and it was amazing.

For a rock concert it was in 2005 when I saw Motley Crue, 2 and a half hours of awesomeness.

thylasos

Aug 12, 2009
Suicidal Tendencies, my 14th birthday, so 2002? 3? Something like that.

Not a concert, mind. Proper sweaty, moshy gig.

Good fun. Not amazing, in retrospect, but damn good fun.

ApeShapeDeity

Dec 16, 2010
DustyDrB said:
ApeShapeDeity said:
1990 (ish)

A Violent Femmes concert.

First really big one 1993 Big Day Out.
How was that? I've always wanted to hear them play "Add It Up" in person. Seems like they would draw an odd crowd.
Yeah, the Femmes were great to see live. They played this dingy old theatre we have here, which really suited them. It was really cool to see them bust out all thier unusual insrtuments, too. The crowd back then was eclectic but progressive, they'd be the last thing you'd expect to hear on commercoal radio at the time.

So, there were indy, surfer, grunge, punk and the 'peculiars' in the crowd. 20 years later, they've had a lot of air time with Blister in the Sun and Add It Up, but sadly, not the Country Death Song.

niege

Aug 16, 2009
TriggerHappyAngel said:
My first concert was "Rockstar's Taste of Chaos" with Disturbed(awesome!), Papa Roach(awesome!), Halestorm(unexpectedly awesome!) and Buckcherry(lame)
Where ?
OT: Adept: Another Year Of Disasters Tour last year.

Pinkros

Mar 15, 2010
Europe, in fact back in... '06, I guess? Since then, I've seen a lot of other great bands aswell.... But the one that really stands out is In Flames at a Swedish amusement park (Gröna Lund) and it was EPIC!

TriggerHappyAngel

Self-Important Angler Fish
Feb 17, 2010
niege said:
TriggerHappyAngel said:
My first concert was "Rockstar's Taste of Chaos" with Disturbed(awesome!), Papa Roach(awesome!), Halestorm(unexpectedly awesome!) and Buckcherry(lame)
Where ?
The Netherlands, we only get like 10 Metal/Rock events a year so I was really glad that I could be there.

Vault Girl

Apr 17, 2010
Modest Mouse was and is one of the best bands i have ever had the pleasure of witnessing. Lyrical genius and amazing tunes :D