Your First Kiss

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
I know this thread has been done to death but I do love the stories.

Mine was when I was 12 or 13, in the cinema (cliche, I know). One of my close guy friends had asked me out and even though I had little interest I wanted to know what a proper kiss was like. We went to see Wimbledon for some unknown reason and after a while he moved in.

It was horrible, one of those washing machine, slobbery kisses that haunt you forever. I didn't know what was happening and I couldn't wait for it to be over. We never kissed again after that and I moved on to better things. Seven years later and I still cringe when I think about it.

So, what was your first kiss like? Was it pleasant or traumatizing? How old were you and where were you? Was the person special?

Zyntoxic

May 9, 2011
My first kiss was when I was 15 and 3 days into my first (and still going) relationship ever, and we had had our first sleep over and it was the day after and we were cutting school to just lay there in his bed and snooze and cuddle all day.

Since I had until this moment been terrified of body contact it was a bit awkward. Insecure, clumsy and stumbing hands all over and warily closing in for that first kiss.
First our closed lips just touched for a very long moment before any of us dared to do anything other than just lay there and when we finally got to the real kissing part it was actuallly very nice.

Sure he had kissed people before so he kinda took the lead, and five years later we sure have gotten better at it.
It is a very fond memory of mine.

IcyEvils

Sep 9, 2009
About 10 months ago, with the girl I'm still with. I told her I really liked her, she said she liked me too. I asked could I kiss her, then our lips met. It was ok, nothing huge. We've got plenty of styles now though :3

It bugs me though, even now, that I wasn't her first kiss. She says she regrets etc and wishes she'd waited for me, and some boys even managed to bite her lip and make her bleed.

Anyone know of a way to stop thinking about it? Kind of like jealousy I wasn't there first. It's ruining me, and she just feels guilty. If anyone has suggestions please say!

radred

Jul 7, 2009
after liking the girl for 4 years, and going out for ages, i was over at her place watching V for vendetta. we got about twenty minutes in before getting distracted. it was nice, i was a little hesitant at first (being first kiss and all) but after a very short period of time i was completely comfortable with it. i was (and still am) 16, it was great, and she is still very special to me

lobster1077

Feb 7, 2011
radred said:
after liking the girl for 4 years, and going out for ages, i was over at her place watching V for vendetta. we got about twenty minutes in before getting distracted. it was nice, i was a little hesitant at first (being first kiss and all) but after a very short period of time i was completely comfortable with it. i was (and still am) 16, it was great, and she is still very special to me
Kissing while a bloke in a Guy Fawkes mask chucks knives about, I gotta say that's pretty awesome.

TheMagicIndian

May 11, 2011
Coincidentally, I was just think about my first kiss like 2 minutes ago while I was eating an orange for breakfast.

My first kiss was with my neighbor named Jamie. I was about 9, I think, and she was 13. It's all a bit hazy but I do remember being nervous as hell about it. After we actually kissed, I was all "Holy crap! I enjoy this." and kept doing it cuz we were kids and knew nothing of moderation. I remember it being a rather sloppy kiss. It was outside at night behind this shed thing. If I remember correctly, we were doing something that involved bugs. Maybe catching fireflies or nightcrawlers for fishing. Anyway, she wasn't all that special. Just happened to be a good friend that I was mildly attracted to and she I.

Kinda wish it never happened so I could have had my first kiss with someone that meant more to me.

Prince Regent

Dec 9, 2007
Last row in the cinema, with a semi good looking girl. Semi watching The curious case of Benjamin Button. Great night, awfull movie.

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
Uh, I was 17, don't really remember the exact moment, I'd had a bottle of Jack Daniels.

It was alright.

TheCommie12

Feb 25, 2011
15, in a recording studio control room. My first kiss was friend(now gf) georgia who is the same age as me. There was band gig at my dad's recording studio.

DuplicateValue

Jun 25, 2009
I was like 13/14, at some sort of disco/dance thing.

I didn't know her, but those dance things were really just an excuse to kiss a bunch of people - there was rarely emotions involved. It was a numbers game.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
I dunno, 12 or 13, can't remember much else. I didn't think anyone gave a shit about their first kiss.

Prince Regent

Dec 9, 2007
IcyEvils said:
About 10 months ago, with the girl I'm still with. I told her I really liked her, she said she liked me too. I asked could I kiss her, then our lips met. It was ok, nothing huge. We've got plenty of styles now though :3

It bugs me though, even now, that I wasn't her first kiss. She says she regrets etc and wishes she'd waited for me, and some boys even managed to bite her lip and make her bleed.

Anyone know of a way to stop thinking about it? Kind of like jealousy I wasn't there first. It's ruining me, and she just feels guilty. If anyone has suggestions please say!
Sure.
You weren't her first and statistically you won't be her last, or she yours. Just try to enjoy yourselves in the here and now and don't worry about the future or the past.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
Distorted Stu said:
I was 12... his beard tickled

OT: I was 18 during my first kiss, which is just embarassing. What's more embarassing though was the fact that it happened after I'd fallen over like a bumbling retard, smashed my head on the floor and apparently almost fallen into the guy's swimming pool. Woke up after a short while and the pathetic conversation that followed lead to that first kiss.

Then I ended up in hospital afterwards. Apparently smacking your skull on tiled flooring at high speed isn't too good for you.

LostTimeLady

Dec 17, 2009
I'd just started going out with my current boyfriend of six months, i.e. it was the Sunday and we'd started properly 'being a couple' on the Friday. We were watching 'Merlin' in a friend's room at Uni (five of us in all) and my and my BF spent the whole time taking the mick of how historically inacurate it was. He left to go to dinner back at his college so I walked him to the door after he told me he 'wanted to do something'.
We kissed twice. The first time he nearly missed and took me a bit by suprise cos it was with tongues, it was more him kissing me, the second time it was a mutral kiss. Both were farly brief (which was a good thing cos a few moments later two friends of mine walked in heading to dinner in my college!) but actually rather nice.
I'm definately glad that a) he kissed me then b) that he was my first kiss.
He told me later he would have kissed me while we were watching 'Merlin' had it not been that he got a bit shy with other people being there. Ummm... not the case any more....

*goes all girly thinking about him....*

(And why yes, I was 19 years old when I had my first kiss... I don't care, my boyfriend is wonderful and an amazing kisser.)

Nimcha

Dec 6, 2010
IcyEvils said:

Stop being insecure and man up, sheesh!

Unless you're purposely trying to sabotage the relationship, of course.

As for me, my first real kiss was at 16 I think. Even dated for a while and kissed some more after that. Was nice :3 I also did kiss a girl when I was 12 but she didn't really kiss me back so that doesn't count.