Your First Look at Modern Warfare 2's Multiplayer

Lord_Panzer

Impractically practical
Feb 6, 2009
God DAMNIT!

I was rather angry with Activision for the whole pricing fiasco, but now I'm even more impressed with Infinity Ward for bringing the best mission of MW1 into multiplayer.

I'm conflicted, to say the least.

PoToGo

Mar 26, 2009
Anyone else notice the logo near the end? It's a given that they'll do a third one, but it was kinda cool how they had the one, two and a sliver of the three. I'm terrible at the online, but I'll get it. The single player is too good not to.

Lordmarkus

Jun 6, 2009
Argh, the hype has got me!

It sure looks promising. Nice weapons, nice maps and customizable killstreaks? Heck Yeah!

FinalHeart95

Jun 29, 2009
I hate Activision, but I love Infinity Ward. The tiebreaker is that this game looks amazing, so I'll probably pick it up.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
This looks mint, I might book some time off work on release day. I hope they have expanded the hardcore mode.

nova18

Feb 2, 2009
Why were the points so high.
It used to be 10 points a kill in TDM for COD4, yet he gets 50 points for a normal kill and about 500 for that REVENGE/ STUCK kill.

Still, I wont complain about ranking up fast, and that AC-130 kill streak is pretty cool. Plus you only need an 11 kill streak. I think I'll save them for the end of every match to ramp up the kills before time runs out.

Neotericity

Legal Assassin
May 20, 2009
Multiple cookies if anyone recognized the guns shown.

Looks freaking awesome, still play mw1, and wasn't sure what they could add to a almost perfect game. And I have no doubt that the whole AC130 gunship thing will be balanced, and from what it looked like the gunship was the first thing you unlocked in a 15 unlockable list of kill streak loadouts, I mean what can top a gunship MOAB (Mother of All BOMBS) anyone?

Aznleeman

May 23, 2009
Way to end a showcasing Activision.

MF2 looks to be a great "sequel" to CoD: MF1. I'm definitely going to look into buying it eventually.

TMAN10112

Jul 4, 2008
They are really making it hard to support the boycott of Modern Warefare 2...................Damn them and their awsome trailers!

Clashero

Aug 15, 2008
I'm definitely getting this. I'm very curious about the killstreak thing. Perhaps we can have dogs like in WAW. Or artillery! Or dogs that shoot artillery rockets out of their mouths when they bark!

EricKINGS

May 22, 2009
Doc Theta Sigma said:
DigitalJedl said:
Doc Theta Sigma said:
Yeah, cause that's gonna totally balance the game ¬_¬
Did you not see anything at 0:41? We have rocket launchers for a reason.
With that gunship there isn't gonna be anyone to fire a rocket launcher.
Guess well have to wait and see.
It looked like it had a slow fire rate though, besides, he could shoot it in the vid why cant we shoot it ingame?

Kilgorn

Jul 1, 2009
the ac-130 in multiplayer sounds awesome but i cant help but think that it will be even more maddening than the heli chopper if its extremely easy to rack up kills but i am excited to see what kind of new kill streak rewards there will be

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
Wow - don't mean to break into the fanboy-ism, but was it only me that thought it looked pretty, well, standard? Beyond more fun, ridiculous ways to pwn multiplayer (though only if you're already doing well, mind) there didn't seem to be much to make it any better than the first.
Also, what the hell is up with the sticky grenade?! Sure, what modern combat needed was a little touch of Halo, lol. I guess I ought to wait a little and reserve judgement, but the sheer gushing, drooling nature of all of these posts is just ridiculous :/

Lyri

Dec 8, 2008
I can feel the clan matches calling already, that looks disgustingly good.

I'm going to have to budget for a new rig now.