Your first multiplayer experience?

pejhmon

Mar 2, 2010
It was either XIII or Age of Mythology, both games I still adore (the former mostly for nostalgia). First offline was Super Mario 3? I really cant remember to be honest. It was generally "whatever my friend had that used 2 controllers" since I never had a console until I was 16 (just because my (then) 6 year old brother wanted one -_-) excluding my Gameboy Colour. Oh that's a point, Pokémon Yellow counts due to the trade link cable. So yeah, that.

Luap26

Jun 8, 2010
online multiplayer? Age 8 playing Diablo. :D then age 10 playing Diablo 2 :D now I am 21 going to be playing Diablo 3 :p.

Merrick_HLC

Mar 13, 2012
Let's see, multiple people playing the same time?

Probably the arcade team-action games, I'm not sure if it was TMNT or X-Men or what, but I'm pretty sure one of those would have been my first.

As to home console things I remember playing some football game on the NES when visiting a cousin.

Naeras

Mar 1, 2011
Mario Kart 64. Played it with my dad when I was 6-7 years old. Good times.

Online it was either Unreal Tournament: GOTY edition or Runescape(lol), can't quite remember which of them came first. I still play some UT from time to time, it's just too good.

Rumpsteak

Nov 7, 2011
My first offline multiplayer experience was on the N64. Frantic battles with my brother in wave race 64. Damn I love that game.

For online we fast forward a number of years to World of Warcraft. I was a late comer to the online scene and to be honest I don't like it much. I did really enjoy wow though.

Kreett

Constant Contrarian
Nov 20, 2009
I uhh, got to.. try World of Warcraft at a friends house when I was younger.

orpheuspariah

Mar 21, 2010
First multiplayer? LittleBigPlanet. I had fun enjoying the MASSIVE lag on my old internet.
First competitive multiplayer? Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. I had to try out, and I had a lot of fun screwing the minds of my opponents.

SeeIn2D

May 24, 2011
Well my first multiplayer experience was playing Timesplitters 2 with a bunch of friends and then sometimes Halo with friends but I didn't have either of those games so it wasn't an independent multiplayer experience. My first independent multiplayer experience where I would just hop onto a game at home and play online was CoD4 back in 2007. I don't care what kind of flak the Call of Duty series gets, CoD4 was and still is one of the best and most innovative multiplayer experiences I've ever had.

Whoatemysupper

Aug 20, 2010
aba1 said:
Goldeneye was my first really competitive game which I assume was alot of peoples from my generation.
God, I started playing that game with my step-brother and bio-brother when I was like 5. The last time we played was 2009 but I played story missions more recently. However my first online was AoE.

Nelle

Mar 16, 2012
World of Warcraft is enjoyable until to this day.. Well, to my opinion. Lol

General Vengeance

Aug 26, 2009
2001 Return to Castle Wolfenstein, my first experience with a first person shooter game that wasn't in an Arcade, and had a decent mutliplayer feature.

AD-Stu

Oct 13, 2011
Probably something like Double Dragon on the Master System - though if we're talking outside of shared-screen multiplayer then it'd be Duke Nukem 3D on a 14.4K modem-to-modem connection with my friend across the street.