Your funeral song?

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
thebobmaster said:
Is it wrong that picturing that made me crack up laughing?
i've never been one to cry at a funeral and if i can get a good laugh at mine i think my job would be done at that point

i've seriously said i want a falling down drunking bash at my funeral.

and just as a side note i've had a lot of friends and family die on me, including pretty close ones, so the not crying thing isn't me being insensitive. i just think it's selfish cause you're crying because you miss them, not that they had a good life or was a good person or had fond memories of them. the one i went to in dec the family members said "dad would have been the first to say no crying and crack a joke"

John Galt

Dec 29, 2007
Hell March from C&C Red Alert. If that's playing while their carrying my casket, that would be the most METAL! thing I ever do. Even better would be to skip the casket thing altogether and have a good ol' viking funeral. I want to go out in style.

TheIr0nMike

Mar 3, 2008
Metallica: One
Radiohead: Karma Police and Creep
I liked the Still Alive idea
Social Distortion: Through These Eyes
Smashing Pumpkins: Tonight, Tonight
A Tribe Called Quest: Can I Kick It?
Unkle: Lonely Soul
Weezer: Say It Ain't So
Rick Atsley: Never Gonna Give You Up (thanks Cleverlymadeup)

Wow, first I thought about kids, know death. I'm way too young to think of this.

Knave283

Apr 18, 2008
Something ironic. If i get murdered by being shot through the heart, then i want my song to be 'Shot through the heart'. If i die in a house fire, i want it to be 'I fell in to a burning ring of fire, down down down i went, but the flames went higher. If i get murdered by a woman, my song will be 'She f**king hates me!'

I like it.

Meado

Apr 27, 2008
I can't choose between 3; 'How to save a life' by The Fray, 'Somewhere only we know' by Keane, or 'Nothing in my way' also by Keane. I might just have all of them.
Whatever I pick, I'll tack the Animaniacs theme on at the end. Everyone will be pretty depressed at losing me (they better be! Grrrr...) so they'll need cheering up.

I also thought I'd share my mum's choice of funeral music (when the time comes, she's not dead yet!). She wants any Elvis song at her's, as she said she'd listen to Elvis "over her dead body". That's no joke. She told me that's what she wants played. Seriously.

sirdanrhodes

Nov 7, 2007
Wait, we can have more than one, here goes:
>Dope-Die mother F**ker Die
>Dope-B*st*rd
>Slipknot-The heretic Anthem
>Linkin Park-Given Up
>Portal-Still alive...

In that order...

krashdummy

Apr 26, 2008
This shit. [http://youtube.com/watch?v=nVRz-Sou3oQ]
Just for the sake of awkward inappropriateness.

Meliz

Apr 9, 2008
someone has to give a speech about me, a serious one, and then speakers ligned in the coffin should play the "final fantasy fanfare" right afterwards.

And when my coffin is carried outside they should play the E3 2001 Duke Nukem Forever Theme which you can find on the 3D Realms site. awesome stuff.

Break

And you are?
Sep 10, 2007
Chopin's Nocturne no.13 in C-minor. And also his Etude in E, "Tristesse".

Blayze

Dec 19, 2007
I'm going to have my own funeral Rickrolled. The funeral song will be serious and fitting, then all of a sudden...

If it's open-coffin, perhaps I can commission a special coffin complete with catapult to launch my corpse into the air and across the room at the very instant of the Rickrolling.

Totallyfolked

Mar 18, 2008
I'm not sure what I'm gonna have, if one of my mates is still alive when I die I'll probably get her to write something for it, given that I'm probably gonna drink, smoke and generally party myself into an early grave. I wnat something a bit tongue in cheek and humourous but not too much as it may upset people there, it is about them really not me.
Although if I know I'm gonna die, ie from a terminal illness, I'm gonna take a leaf out of the discworld witches and have a going away party, a proper bash to see all my mates once more.

Is it wrong that I've been thinking about this since I was about 9? I've changed my mind several times mind you.

bulletproof12

Feb 28, 2008
hmmm i would go with

disco inferno by ??. greatest song ever if you get cremated
"a sun came" by suphen stephen. the last 2 minutes or so when he just mashes instruments and desecrates music
"never going to give you up" rick astley or maybe the anti rick roll http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc2bSvHYQVE
the penis song by monty python. just think about it. "he was a great man blah blah blah, ashes to ashes dust to dust..." then all of the sudden "isnt it delightful to have a penis, isnt it delightful to have a dong" plays.

Voodoo Child

Dec 13, 2007
I want a montage of images from my life played to Zombie by The Cranberries. Then, maybe after my eulogy, or somewhere else, I need Let It Be by The Beatles. The last song depends on whether I decide to be cremated or buried.

If I'm cremated I want Through the Fire and Flames Carry on Wayward Son by Kansas.

If I'm buried, I want Where Dragons Rule by DragonForce played as I'm lowered into my grave. I think it would be great to have the intro playing as my coffin is lowered, it's really sad and mournful, and I want people to cry, dammit.

bulletproof12

Feb 28, 2008
oh my god i dont believe i forgot to write this even though i was thinking it.

"closer" by nine inch nails
"the bad touch" by the blood hound gang