Your funeral

Blame it on Ben

Oct 15, 2010
In response to the poll "How would you like to die?", What would you like your funeral to be like if you had an unlimited amount of recourses at your disposal?

I'm thinking viking funeral, on a 100 foot Yacht, full of C4 with a ten minute timer.

sabbat

Apr 29, 2010
I'd have James Doohan's funeral. I will see earth from space even if it means that I do so from a casket.

Digitman

Dec 7, 2010
i would like to embalmed and preserved. then launched into space on a proton rocket

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
I'd like to have a funeral where everyone is happy, and their's music and stuff, and, of course, TONNS of juggling (of all forms - normal juggling, fire, diabolo, devil sticks, everything!)!

Being launched into the nether's of space might also be nice, either cremated or not... certainly don't want to be buried though, for some reason the thought of being in a casket trapped 6 feet under doesn't really appeal to me!

Housebroken Lunatic

Sep 12, 2009
Getting strapped to one of many nuclear missiles heading straight for the state capitals of the world would be nice.

I'd like to "go out with a bang" so to speak. :)

shreedder

May 19, 2009
have my head used to play dodgeball with. My body can be hollowed out and used as a sex toy

My name is Fiction

Sep 27, 2010
How about a carnival!"
I'l partially cremate myself and put the powder in the food, then I play my will in front of all of them and say...
"Oh and by the way you are eating me."
Love to see the freak out and mass vomiting!"

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
I would like to be the first man to attempt to eat the sun if they can find anything left of me I would like it to be sealed inside a 50 golden statue of myself giving the finger and erect it by the freeway near my house.

smearyllama

May 9, 2010
Well, my sister's boyfriend's roommate wants to have a viking funeral for his cat, Trogdor.
That includes building a tiny longboat for the cat to make the voyage to Valhalla in.

Simalacrum said:
I'd like to have a funeral where everyone is happy, and their's music and stuff, and, of course, TONNS of juggling (of all forms - normal juggling, fire, diabolo, devil sticks, everything!)!

Being launched into the nether's of space might also be nice, either cremated or not... certainly don't want to be buried though, for some reason the thought of being in a casket trapped 6 feet under doesn't really appeal to me!
This, too.
People shouldn't be sad at funerals.
They should celebrate the joy of life, and that the deceased were able to enjoy it while they were still around.

KEM10

Oct 22, 2008
I actually have a few ska bands and wedding DJs contact info in my will to get them to be at my funeral. That and a keg of Guinness with a case of Jameson's.

Craig Cameron

Jun 8, 2010
My funeral would feature a breakdancing forklift a firebomb in my coffin and a single firework, no not a bottle rocket or a Roman candle, a firework of such magnitude that the congregation would have to sit behind a blast shield, sign wavers and upon detonation make small children in a 5 mile radius simultaneously shit their pants and develop a lifelong distrust of the sky.

Riddle78

Jan 19, 2010
Military funeral. Simple as that. Grow up as a base brat,join the military,die in the line of duty.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
So you saw a repeat of one of my threads, and decided it wasn't bad enough, so you repeated another one of my threads?
Go hang your head in shame.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.84038-Your-dream-funeral#1187012

AssassinJoe

Oct 1, 2010
A Viking style funeral for me.

Just put my dead body on a boat, light the boat on fire, and send it out to sea.

I'm part Norwegian so it makes total sense to me.

cl20

Nov 12, 2009
whatever it would be my grave stone would have to truthfullly state "worth it"

Paksenarrion

Mar 13, 2009
Unlimited resources, eh?

Cryogenic suspension.

When they discover immortality and/or eternal youth, they thaw me out.

spacecowboy86

Jan 7, 2010
If we're talking fictional, I want my funeral to be attended by every single one of my descendants I will ever have, as well as the entire population of Grxnadyzma IV.

Hollock

Jun 26, 2009
My funeral? I didn't know I was sick. ;_;
reads OP
I don't care, I'll be dead.

Berethond

Nov 8, 2008
Imagine the biggest party you've ever seen.
Then imagine that it was 100 times as big.
And was being hosted by Morgan Freeman, Stephen Fry, and the ghost of Miles Davis.

And the Jazz Messengers would be playing.
Then the whole party would blast off into space and rip a whole in the fabric of the universe from the sheer awesome.

And then, just when you thought everything was lost, Jimi Hendrix and Buddy Guy step through the crack and seal it with lightning from their guitars.

Then everyone starts a blues jam, with Morgan Freeman and Stephen Fry singing. While hurtling through space.