"Your" Game

ajemas

Nov 19, 2009
Super Smash Bros. Melee.
I've played this game so much that it's become practically second nature. I still prefer it over Brawl any day.

Hound174

Dec 28, 2010
Wonderboy III: The dragons trap.
I'm not even a retro kinda guy, But I will always call that game my own.
My..special..
My precioussss..

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
Half-Life, Dawn of War and Elder Scrolls. I will never, ever tire of them.

mikev7.0

Jan 25, 2011
Durxom said:
Basic and simple question here =]

What is "your" game?
What is the game that no matter what happens to it, you will always go back to it. The franchise could end or fall from grace, a sequel could ruin it, a movie could be made, or even a remake could be made, but you would still play it. You just have fun playing it, and will continue playing it over and over again.

I personally have a few, but one of my main newer ones is Lost Planet: Colonies, mainly because I really like the story, gameplay, and the overall snowy environments and the like. I can see myself playing this game over and over again, no matter what else ends up coming out.

So...what are some of "your" games?
Ack! Will you STOP pointing the (expensive) finger of fate at games and forcing me to buy them?? Speaking of which aren't you forgetting to mention one of your other favorites? Something about a CeruleanFire or something like that....

Hee hee all kidding aside Street Fighter is one, and Phantasy Star is another, I would say Final Fantasy since I've owned 7 of them (one day I'll actually beat one!) I'm a big defender of Sonic, and yes I'll be down with all future iterations of the aforementioned "missing" game on your list. Any game that alows me to combine Taoist principles, martial arts, meat buns, pre-cognitive learning and a squirrel I will defend with Sir Didimus like tenacity.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
My game? It will always either be Shadow of the Colossus, or The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction.

SotC is just so good I will always come back to it (I played it twice this month, even with my PS3 and PC with current gen games).

As for The Incredible Hulk, what can I say? being the Hulk is possibly the ultimate power fantasy for me, since he's my favorite superhero by far.
Even with Radical making [Prototype] and [Prototype2] now, whilst they are the spiritual sucessors to TIH with the same gameplay and sense of freedom, it's just not quite the same and, dare I say, not as good.

JustCallMeAlex

Jun 27, 2010
Warcraft 3: the custom games dominated nearly 5 years of my pc-gaming life.

Starfox 64: One of the best games I've ever played and the first game I ever bought with my own money.

Psychonauts

arealperson

Oct 1, 2009
Well I don't do this anymore, so limiting to a game or two is kind of impossible for me... I've just got too many games and not enough time (or justification for the time) to spend on them.  But I'll run the gauntlet for your viewing and nostalgia pleasure.

Compelling Games that I Used to Play Habitually

The numeric Sonic's (mostly the first... only completed it recently -- ty PS2 save-state)
Sonic Spinball
Tiny Toon Adventures (another Genesis title)
Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
Heroes of Might and Magic 3 Demo (my brother and I were obsessed with it like you wouldn't believe... finally ponied up the money for it on GOG, beat the very first campaign level and really haven't touched it too much since -- it's not really any wonder though, we pour massive amounts of time into grinding peaks out of our characters, so it's a bit of a frightening investment of time)
Crash Team Racing
Crash Bash
Gran Turismo 3
NHL titles (played 2002 the most, but used to play any version given the chance)
Ratchet and Clank (mostly Up Your Arsenal)
Double Dragon (Master System)
Pokemon (Blue and Ruby are pretty much the extent)
DDR Max 2
Tony Hawk (and Disney Extreme Skate Adventure -- Hey the mechanics were solid!)
Driver
Tale Spin (Genesis again)
Super Smash Brothers (all of 'em -- only own Brawl though)

If I still played games in this manner, I would probably mostly play MW2, StarCraft and DDR (choice, I know).  Of the games that I would put up a fight against replaying anymore they would be: Pokemon, which I find to be way too much of a chore; and Battlegrounds, because I played the utter crap out of it and playing it online or through LAN is pretty much impossible.

Wilko316

Jun 16, 2010
Bully: Scholarship Edition, because I'll always need to twat people with a spud cannon.

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
Definitely Resident Evil 4. I don't really care for the other ones, but that one I never get sick of playing it. I've played it about 60 times since I first got it in 2006, and I'm still not tired of it.

Sandjube

Feb 11, 2011
Super Smash Brothers! Too many good times in those games to hate them. Plus they're damn fun.

shadyh8er

Apr 28, 2010
LobsterFeng said:
Definitely Resident Evil 4. I don't really care for the other ones, but that one I never get sick of playing it. I've played it about 60 times since I first got it in 2006, and I'm still not tired of it.
First time I've ever been ninja'd by the last post. Damn.

Oh man, I've only played it 35 times! I need to step it up!

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
Crash Bandicoot, 2, 3.
Spyro the Dragon, 2, 3.
Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction.
Dynasty Warriors 4, 5.
Fallout: New Vegas.
Destroy All Humans!, 2.