Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Lets see if I get this right

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1118l-IKQ0&feature=related[/youtube]

Combine Overwatch.

Moontouched-Moogle

Nov 17, 2009
I've got a Samsung Intensity II, so getting ringtones on it was a MAJOR pain. But I did it! And without using any funky internet converters too! Here are some of them:
For some of my friends:
"Battle 2" from Final Fantasy III
"Kraid's Lair" from Metroid
"Edgar and Sabin's Theme" from Final Fantasy VI (this one suffered during the compression, so 'll have to tweak it some more)

For my dad:
"Derezzed" from Tron: Legacy (which actually came out amazingly well)
(Can't find a video for it, all of them are of a longer, 4 minute version. Wonder why that version wasn't on the OST my dad bought OR on the R3C0NF1GUR3D disk.)

I also wanted to make one of these the ringtone of my friend who introduced me to Friendship is Magic, but I forgot he didn't have a cellphone, so now they're just kinda sitting around on my phone:
"Pinkie's Singing Telgram (8-bit)" by RainbowCrash88 (original by Daniel Ingram)(this one also suffered a bit, need to fix the dips and peaks in the sound)
"Call Upon the Seaponies (EuroSHOOBEDOO Mix)" By Odyssey, aka Eurobeat Brony, aka T.Stebbins (original by heck-if-I-know-because-I-did-not-do-the-research)(this one really took a beating from the compression. Not as horrendous as it could be, but the sound is very tinny and garbled. Simple and/or 8-bit music seems to work best.)

Barziboy

Apr 14, 2009
Diggin' My Potato by The Seatbelts from the Cowboy Bebop Soundtrack.

I mean, it's a Harmonica solo, half the people that hear it think I've actually taken out my harmonica and started playing.

Zyquux

Mar 18, 2010
For my ringtone, I have L4D2's TAANK theme.
For texts, I have Fallout 3's Karma Lost sound.
For my alarm, I have TF2's "Intruder Alert" song.

I love video game music.

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
Ringtone is Shout2000, so not very geeky.

My text message sound, however... (skip to 00:22)

3rd rung

Feb 20, 2009
I go with the Doom 2 super shotgun for texts and the orgnal Godzilla theme music

Top35

Apr 14, 2010
Dirty Hipsters said:
My current ringtone:

The nice thing about is that I can hear it no matter what movie I'm watching, what music I'm listening to, or what game I'm playing because it just sounds weird enough to be distinguishable from anything else happening in the background.
I've got that same ringtone! The fun thing about that is you can pick out Dr. Who fans when it goes off in a crowded room.

sgt. soap mctavish

Jun 13, 2010
for a call: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHKlADWIw1w&list=FLI4nsDITmOXZSE26hnGuPig&index=65

For a text: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx9W4jYHVPg&list=LLI4nsDITmOXZSE26hnGuPig&index=3

and for a alarm: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USk8CewQhUA&list=FLI4nsDITmOXZSE26hnGuPig&index=69

Hearing the last one is a good way to wake up.

wildpeaks

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Dec 25, 2008
Top35 said:
Dirty Hipsters said:
My current ringtone:

The nice thing about is that I can hear it no matter what movie I'm watching, what music I'm listening to, or what game I'm playing because it just sounds weird enough to be distinguishable from anything else happening in the background.
I've got that same ringtone! The fun thing about that is you can pick out Dr. Who fans when it goes off in a crowded room.
So your current ringtone is "sorry this it not available in your country" ? :D

Top35

Apr 14, 2010
wildpeaks said:
Top35 said:
Dirty Hipsters said:
My current ringtone:

So your current ringtone is "sorry this it not available in your country" ? :D
Well of course! Anyway the video was working fine for me.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Dirty Hipsters said:
My current ringtone:

Aye that is a good ringtone, but I still prefer mine:

axelspitfire

Jun 21, 2009
I started changing the txt message tone i had whenever someone in public knew what it was.
First i had the power up tune when you get a mushroom in mario, then it was Navi's "hey! listen!", then my favourite Kirbys victory tune from smash bros. And now currently it's the mysterious stranger tune from fallout. I intend to change it to the portal turret saying "Hello? is any one there?" or the "I'm in space!"