Your Greatest Gaming Deal?

Holy_Handgrenade

Feb 16, 2009
I started this holiday season promising not to get any games because from steam sales over the summer I had loads unplayed and I was using my money to get the alien m11x gaming laptop but when I saw these christmas sales I couldn't resist Bioshock 2 for £7. I was wondering what is the best deal you have got a game for?

L3m0n_L1m3

Jul 27, 2009
I won a PSP through McDonalds, does that count?

If not, I would have to go with the humble indie pack 1 & 2

Random Fella

Nov 17, 2010
I got D age for free, it was on half price so $60 from the $120 normal, traded 3 games and used a $30 gamer card to get it for free :) (These were old useless games that weren't really worth anything) It was good for me :D [BTW the prices may seem high because it is in NZ dollars
which is about 2x the American)

Edit:
Sorry half the american so prices would be 2x higher :p

VladimirSirin

Jul 8, 2010
I got the "special edition" of Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne for 3$ at a pawn shop. That was pretty sweet.

And for some reason I picked up Magical Starsign for 5$ new at EB games. I knew it was an RPG, but I didn't want to drop 40$ for something I did not know much about. Luckily, it turned out to be one of my favorite RPG's I have ever played. No lie.

I'm really lucky at finding good deals and sales. I don't think I have ever paid more than 20$ for any game, ever.

vviki

Lord of Midnless DPS
Mar 17, 2009
Hmm i think it was Day of Defeat for 2.5eur :D, but also Beat Hazard, Shatter, The Whitcher, The Orange box, the Valve complete pack for 25eur (original cost of 177eur) can't stop myself :D. Good that I still have some budget for games :) mostly if a game is 75% reduced or below 5eur I just buy it with out a lot of thought. Also I buy copies for my friends! Steam gift system FTW! Happy Holidays to all :)

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Crackdown for ten bucks was nice. Alan wake for 20. Gears of war 2 collectors for 20. OH! FF12 collectors, steelbook too for eight dollars!

all american.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Orange Box. $30.

Bear in mind that I didn't own HL2 or Ep1 beforehand.

The Noble Shade

Dec 24, 2008
A couple of years ago, I walked into a pawn shop and saw a copy of EarthBound in squeaky-clean condition for $40. There was no box or booklet, but the cartridge was in remarkably good condition. And it worked the first time I put it in (my SNES is getting old). One of the best finds/purchases I have ever made.

tlozoot

Feb 8, 2010
Fallout 3 and Fable 2 a week after they released, for £13 each, brand new, from amazon UK.

I was 0,o

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
It wasnt a great game, but it was a highly desired game for christmas for the child who asked for it. I think it was early december 05. the game was Neopets: the darkest fairy and it had been released only 15 days before and found it at a value city for 10$ Anywhere else it was still going for 40$+

For me, personally, I would say age of empires 3 from GFWL for 10c. It might not be a phenominal game, but Ive always loved age of empires, and utilizing 10 MS points I have had for the last... year and basically not having to pay anything extra was nice.

SwagLordYoloson

Jul 21, 2010
Deadrising 2 for $40, the cheapest I have ever got a brand new game, course it wasn't purchased in my country.