Your hardest gaming moment.

The Red Spy

Dec 1, 2009
HT_Black said:
The FUCKING HALLWAY BIT in "No fighting in the War Room", playing on Veteran difficulty. Modern Warfare was, on the whole, a pretty easy game, but that ONE FUCKING SECTION of that ONE FUCKING MISSION took me THREE FUCKING HOURS to FINALLY FUCKING FINISH.

I mean, the FUCKING MILE HIGH CLUB only took me six tries to finish, so I have no idea why that part was such a pain.

FUCK.
That level was hilarious, you have the corridor with a pathway down the centre, and an almost mirrored pattern of boxes on the side passages, with multiple enemies capable of shooting you from multiple angles. And when you get to the end of that floor (A starcase)... no checkpoint! And then you're fighting around in the missile silo bays, again with multiple angles of fire from enemies.
That game on veteran was a great accomplishment though.

One of my hardest is actually on Mass Effect 2 on veteran/expert, where you are...
on the collector ship after reports say it was disabled by a Turian vessel. When you first activate the platform which triggers a wave of collectors and a scion on a MOBILE platform (The path it follows is similar to an arc, backwards and forwards until the scion is killed). After the first wave of collectors is dead (Not including the scion) another wave comes and also a second scion (Which could mean two scions, one static and the other mobile, along with collector guardians, drones and assassins all shooting at you and your incompetant team mates). Ohh, and there is ALWAYS at least one harbinger drone. If you kill it first and other drones remain, they turn into a harbinger. And then another wave of collectors come.
The harbingers are the worst, collectivly with your team mates. I took Tali & Garus, I gave them positions, I kept them alive as long as I could, even taking fire for them because they were too foolish to keep in cover with no shield and little health. With the harbingers though, their attacks pissed me off. They have what can only be described as an energy ball attack something you'd expect Goku to use, which not only knocks you out of cover, leaving you at the mercy of all these other collectors & scions firing, but it leaves you with no shield and stunned... whilst another hits you.

Worst part of that game.

Ieyland

Apr 23, 2010
TheComedown said:
Ieyland said:
TheComedown said:
Ieyland said:
Anything that has PUZZLES!
Don't like it when a game makes you think?

my hardest gaming moment.. umm... that part in MW2 where you gotta run out of the house down the hill to the helicopter, after dieing like 100 times i get to the bottom and get killed.. WTF hard and bullshit.
No. I don't like puzzles in an action game. If I wanted puzzles I would buy World Of Goo.
My apologies, maybe be a little more specific because you said
so i presumed you didn't like any puzzles, like you said.
Well, puzzles are hard for me because most of the time I don't like them. Whenever I get to a part of a game that has puzzles I shut it off and would come back to it weeks later. However, if they're well done like in GoWar then I'll do it.

the_Sue

Apr 25, 2010
This is embarassing but getting lost in Doom 3. I got about 60% of the way through the game and couldn't find a key that I needed to get through the only door that I could go through so I went back to look for it, got lost, swore at it for about a half an hour and gave up...lol

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
I'm currently in the middle of trying to get a platinum trophy on every mission in Bayonetta. I think it may actually cause me emotional as well as physical pain.

CaptainKoala

Elite Member
May 23, 2010
Really? The 'All Ghillied Up' level is soooooooooooooo hard on veteran in the end where you hold off thousands of enemies while waiting for the helicopter. That's the only level I couldn't finish on hard.

Emendo5

Mar 25, 2009
Definately der flakturn (or whatever), the last level of MOH Airborne on the hardest difficulty level. Stupid super nazis...

CakeDragon

Mar 10, 2009
Completing Final Fantasy VIII. By the end of it I just wanted to finish it so I could play something else. If anyone else has played it, the final bit's really annoying because to do anything other than attack you gotta beat up the other bosses, some of which were tough as nails (especially if you could only attack). In the end I spent a solid weekend just trying to beat Ultimecian and in the end, well, I reckon I just got lucky.

Nooners

Sep 27, 2009
That one freaking drum in Sonic 3 Carnival Night Zone act 2. Oh, sure, NOW it's easy, but back then...

As for a game that's still a legit challenge...hmmm...I'm not sure. Once you beat a game once, I find future playthroughs to be a lot easier.

mushupork3mpire

Apr 14, 2010
i remember the mission on San Andreas where you had to follow the train while big smoke shot the dudes on top. that took a long time because he kept getting distracted by thoughts of burger shot and stuff and wasnt shooting at ample opportunities.

on a more lateral note, one of the most difficult moments i have encountered was that mass effect was finished, and the price of mass effect 2 in the shop not going down any time soon. :(

lee1287

Apr 7, 2009
CrashBang said:
Fighting Jinpachi on Tekken 5. That fight made me bite my old TV. The scratches are still there
LMAOO. made me laugh. "Bite my TV." Lol..:)

AMX58

Jan 27, 2010
Liam Reilly said:
the first time I saw Christie Montiero in Tekken 5
ha ha that funny brah i was too and also all the chicks man they know how to make chicks hot

Liam Reilly

May 16, 2010
AMX58 said:
Liam Reilly said:
the first time I saw Christie Montiero in Tekken 5
ha ha that funny brah i was too and also all the chicks man they know how to make chicks hot
If only they could make them good at fighting, then I'd have a genuine excuse for ogling...I mean selecting them.

Omnific One

Apr 3, 2010
TheComedown said:
Ieyland said:
Don't like it when a game makes you think?

my hardest gaming moment.. umm... that part in MW2 where you gotta run out of the house down the hill to the helicopter, after dieing like 100 times i get to the bottom and get killed.. WTF hard and bullshit.
Haha, Yahtzee would agree with that one.

I can't remember any one that was particularly hard. Although the damn platforms on ME2 on Insanity with the idiotic squad AI are terrible.