Your heroes in the Acting Industry

Urgh76

May 27, 2009
Simple question, who are your favorite actors? They can be actual actors, or voice actors, but mainly who really stands out for you in the acting business.

For me it would be Steve Carell, Chris Farley, and Tara Strong

As for reasons why, see each actor's respective spoiler tags.

[HEADING=1]Steve Carell[/HEADING]
Known popularly as the 40 year old virgin, and manager of The Office, Michael Scott, this man needs no further explanation. This man is without a doubt one of the funniest men I have ever had the pleasure of seeing [sub]Sadly he is leaving The Office T.T[/sub]

[HEADING=1]Chris Farley[/HEADING]
Although this man has sadly passed away, he remains a legend in many ways, the most important to me being his famous "Motivational Speaker" and "Super Sports Fans" skit on Saturday Night Live and his role in Tommy Boy

[HEADING=1]Tara Strong[/HEADING]
An amazing voice actress, she has had the part of many, MANY of our childhood companions, such as Timmy Turner, Raven, Batgirl, Bubbles, Ben Tennison, some minor roles in Family Guy, and currently Twilight Sparkle. This woman has had such a wide variety of roles, but manages to keep each with their own individual personalities

EDIT: *posts thread*
*Goes outside for a while, does other things*
*Checks on thread*
*Is disappoint*

Urgh76

May 27, 2009
I guess people just care about what makes for good films or tv, and not who makes it happen :/

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
I don't really follow any celebrities but I do like Johnny Depp. He can act pretty much anything.

Urgh76

May 27, 2009
Wow...... granted me posting on my own thread may turn people away, but seriously? Just 1 other person?

Hiken no Ace

Jul 12, 2010
I have great respect for voice actors, being an aspiring one myself, so I would say Jim Cummings, Stephen Blum and Crispin Freeman for Alucard. From Japan, I would like to mention Kazuki Yao and Kazuya Nakai for their characters in One Piece and Sengoku Basara. For film actors, my favorites would be Johnny Depp, Hugo Weaving, Hugh Jackman, and probably Patrick Stewart, who was also great as a voice actor.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I agree with you about Tara Strong.
The only other voice actors I admires most is Kevin Conroy (Batman) and Peter Cullen (Optimus Prime and Iron Hide).
Kevin had volunteer during 9/11 by working in the kitchen. One of the volunteer recongise his voice and he oust him out to the people there he didn't mind. His voice alone brought smiles to those people when he quote a famous line-

Peter role as Optimus had also bring joy to the children since they did view Optimus as their hero. In of the extra in the Transformers film (cartoon) he had also help this terminal ill boy so he got my respect for him.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
I don't have any heroes in the acting industry. I can't idolize someone for pretending to be what they're not, especially when one of my most dear values is honesty about oneself.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
I really like George Clooney simply because he's a good guy and is very good in the roles he plays. Sort of like Mel Gibson until we found out how evil he is.

Hiken no Ace

Jul 12, 2010
spartan231490 said:
I don't have any heroes in the acting industry. I can't idolize someone for pretending to be what they're not, especially when one of my most dear values is honesty about oneself.
I think the poster meant someone (actor) that we greatly admire. I admire the people i listed because they are talented enough to "become" a believable character that I can care about. I can understand you not liking the actor or actress for something they do in their personal lives, but they are not doing anything dishonest by portraying a character on the big screen. No more than a Shakespearean Actor is deceiving people when he gets on the stage to play Hamlet. I think its a given that people realize he's not ACTUALLY Hamlet...