Your Last Nerdgasm...

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
Tell me Escapists, what last caused you to have an absolute Nerdgasm (a total freakout on your part for a nerdy reason)...

For me, my last was when I successfully hatched a Shiny Female Zorua on White last Saturday using the Masuda Method...

Chances of hatching a Shiny Zorua= 1 in 1,376.3 (0.07%)
Chances of hatching a Shiny Female Zorua= 1 in 16,515.6 (0.006%)

Mushroom Wobbit

Jan 27, 2011
i realized the first episode of the newest mythbusters season had come out.
not really a big nerdgasme tho, the last big one was when i participated in the first portal 2 ARG, every radio was a small nerdgasme leading to larger and larger ones as more and more info came out then a huge one when they anounced portal 2.

edit:
i bet this is just an excuse for you to brag about hatching a shiny tho >_>

HassEsser

Jul 31, 2009
I launched STEAM last night at around 8 PM

Saw my Portal 2 Pre-Order was gone

To be replaced by Portal 2. . .

. . .with a preload button

ohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodyes!

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Pfff, I get a nerdgasm every time a Total War game comes out. Hell, probably every time I play it, too.

So yeah, yesterday. Though last month for the last 'proper' one.

Off-topic, had a few drinks with a former colleague, and I 'celebrated' the old company getting a credit account with a supplier. And I left the damned place absolutely aaaaaaaaaaaaaages ago. Call it an out of context workgasm... or something.

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
It wasn't a big nerdgasm but still. Last night, I was replaying P3P and there was a mistake with one of the Persona fuses that ended up with me getting a level 89 Helel. I still couldn't believe it the rest of the night.

Stormpigeon

Nov 22, 2009
Just bought a new graphics card. After months of playing Starcraft II with minimum graphics, which are very poor, going up to medium graphics, where the differences are staggering, the game is a true work of art, and slaughtering the enemy is a joy to behold due to their death animations

Wierdguy

Feb 16, 2011
First time I saw the ME3 announcement trailer.

Alternativley - first Al'Akir 25 man kill in world of warcraft. You havent had a nerdgasm untill youve had it simutaneously with 24 people over a voice chat \m/

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Probably when I bought my first portable hard drive on my birthday a week ago. I mean from the look of it just a black hand held device but the spec is nice.

Mister Benoit

Sep 19, 2008
The last one that really hit home when was Nintendo announced DKCR at E3 last year, they did it really well.

The second they started the DKC music the crowd went wild, and their eyes just saw dollar bills.

Vilcus

Jun 29, 2009
Being the last person alive in Twin Dragons on 10 man BoT, as the tank, and surviving for 50 seconds without heals, and getting the boss kill (They were sub 5%). My guild will forever love me for that. Untill I leave for 5 months in a few days, and they have no tank.

Darwins_Folly

Jan 16, 2010
I've been in a constant state of nerdgasm since they began releasing Game of Thrones media. 4 more days! Oh and getting my picture taken with Helo and Chief at a comiccon, but that was almost a year ago.