Your Marvel vs Capcom 3 team

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Catface Meowmers said:
Mister Eff said:
DustyDrB said:
I'm god damn terrible...
Me too. I'm having to use a continue most playthroughs on easy mode. Still good fun though!
I'm pretty bad too. I haven't won a single game against a human online yet (played less than 10, though).

I find myself using Dante the most, as so far I'm most familiar with his moves and he's got a lot of variety. I keep coming back to Deadpool because he's funny and I seem to be pulling the pineapple surprise out of nowhere, even though I don't think I'm very good with him yet.
Yeah, I actually haven't gotten anyone's health down on any of their characters to less than 60%. The last few times, the person I was up against had all three do their ultra (whatever it is called) moves in succession. And I was struggling just to do one of them.
It certainly is fun, though.

I did manage to beat Arcade mode...on easy. People online are just all up on you relentlessly. I need to find a lobby for people who suck.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
I haven't actually played enough to become comfortable with any team in particular, though it's shaping up to be the following:

Dante
Taskmaster
Captain America

I've also taken extreme interest in Wesker, Iron Man, and Deadpool, but it looks like the above may end up being my main team.

As for tips on controlling them, there's no point in me giving tips, seeing as I seem to suck ass at this game. I haven't played online because I'm pretty sure that everyone there is either really skilled or really cheap bullshit-happy, and in either case I'd get raped.

So I'll be sticking with Offline until I get good enough to clear Arcade Mode on the highest difficulty with minimal trouble. However, Arcade Mode pisses me the fuck off because Normal is easy as hell, but Hard beats me into the fucking ground past Round 3. Gradual increase in difficulty this is not.

If it weren't for the overall high quality game design and the fact that this is going to be balls-stompingly awesome when my skills are actually worth a shit, I wouldn't even play this fucking thing. It certainly doesn't help that I'm essentially relearning how to use a Dualshock D-pad to play this sort of game (2D fighter), seeing as the game is not only very particular about how I handle the pad, but also very particular about the timing for cancelling.

So, yeah. Hit me up in seven months and I might just barely be not shitty at this game.

Ian Meier

Oct 18, 2010
Ryu
Wolverine
Deadpool

Nothing better then seeing Shin Handoken, Berserker Barrage X, and Happy Happy Trigger as a hyper cross combination. Plus come on it's fucking Deadpool

JWRosser

Jul 4, 2006
I wish there were more options. I'm bored of Arcade Mode; I was hoping for a Story Mode of some sorts....
Though I'm curious to see what the DLC's Shadow Mode is...

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
Dante, Deadpool, Chun-li.
played chun-li since SF2
love the deadpool comics
love the DMC games.

thats my reason for these selections.

jehuty65

Jul 5, 2010
so far I got 2 teams I am good with,
Team 1
Amaterasu
Arthur
Spencer

Team 2: aka Bullet Team
Chris Redfield
Dante
Deadpool

With team 2 I was able to beat Galactus without continuing.
As soon as Jill is available we will have our Resident Evil Team, and hopefully Frank West will also be DLC.

Apr 28, 2008
Main:

X-23 - fast, deadly, and really fun to use.
Phoenix - really great close range fighter. Also strong.
Wesker - dude is really, really badass in this game.

Backup teams:
Deadpool - I just love the dude.
Dante - His combo attacks are freaking ridiculous.
Ameterasu(probably spelled it wrong) - Get her going and she's really hard to beat.

Viewtiful Joe - AKA "Air juggler extraordinare!"
Trish - Nice close-range fighter.
Iron Man - He's got range.

All are great, and all have a character or two who can stop those annoying fucks who think its cool to sit in a corner and spam ranged attacks. The fucks.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Phoenix - really great close range fighter. Also strong.
[/quote]

I love using her. Her attacks are certainly strong, but she's got to have the lowest or near the lowest health in the game. Though maybe it's just me. I'm kinda...bottom tier in terms of skill.

MrLumber

Jan 13, 2009
Hsien Ko- I'm absolutely badass with her, as well she is super fun to play
X-23- the speed is nice, I play her moderately well. Shes kinda easy, but hey shes not Dante. ;)
Tron Bonne- This one was my hardest pick, but she was my second best in MvC2, behind the monkey chick. They really hit her usability a lot by changing her inputs to be less intuitive, but hey shes still strong.

I occasionally sub in Viewtiful Joe for some super boomerang spam and air combos.

I probably shouldn't be surprised that the easiest characters are the most popular. I'm looking at you Dante Ryu and Amaterasu. Cpt America and Wolverine are easy as crap but no one plays them. XD

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
In addition to my previously mentioned Dante/Amaterasu/Akuma team I started working on a Zero/Arthur/Ryu team.

I'm currently getting the kinks out of a triple launch combo with Zero, sorta like those TvC combos with the buster but more dependent on sentsuizan due to it's new OTG properties. Highest I've gotten it to is 675.000 damage with only a lvl 1 super...which is well beyond half the life of even the highest HP in the game thus I'm happy with the day's work :).

I love using her. Her attacks are certainly strong, but she's got to have the lowest or near the lowest health in the game. Though maybe it's just me. I'm kinda...bottom tier in terms of skill.
Try dying with her while having 5 full super bars.

Ordinaryundone

Oct 23, 2010
Team A: Hsien-Ko (A Assist), Wesker (Y Assist), Storm (A-Assist)

Start battle with Hsien-Ko, go into her super armor ultra, then use Wesker as pointman while spamming unstoppable Hsien-Ko assists for defense. Switch to Storm for meter burning. The chip damage on Ice Storm is insane, especially with X-Factor.

Team B: Amateratsu (B Assist), Ryu (A Assist), Dr. Doom (Y assist)

Rushdown with Sword Ammy, or keep away with Beads Ammy. Ryu assist for easy AA, Doom's molecular shield for rushdown assistance.

Team C: Wesker (Y Assist), Chun-Li (Y Assist), Sentinel (A Assist)

Both Wesker and Chun-Li are great point characters, and Chun's Assist basically follows into whichever hyper you wanna do. Sentinal is a great sweeper and his Sentinel Force assist has nearly unlimited application in any situation.

rayskyrift

All that is man
Oct 29, 2009
So far I have found my best team to be Spider-Man as my point, with Iron Man and Chris bringing up key assist spots. Iron Man's unibeam allows Spidey to get in nice and close, and start a full swing of combos that ends in easy aerial exchanges. Chris' grenade toss assist can also get you out of a tight corner jam.