Your Moments of Gaming rage.

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
Yes we've all heard of rage quitting and the sort. But what i would like to know fellow escapists, and comrades of the internet is what have been your biggest moments of rage in gaming. What caused you to have such anger and contempt towards the game, what did the rage make you do and what damage did your actions cause you.

A big one for me was in the time of PlayStation and me being a little guy at the time of playing certain parts of games would fill me with such a hate. My hatred would cause me to throw my game controller upon the floor multiple times, oddly enough the controller never broke. However, with this act of controller abuse i broke it in such a way that any game i would put into the system would pause at random moments, it would go away after a few minutes, but it was always happen at big points where it would cause a problem causing more controller smashing

So tell your stories so we can recap our moments and maybe have a laugh at them.

Boneasse

Jul 16, 2008
I shout at my screen. Literally. The other day I was playing Team Fortress 2 and I got decapitated while I was trying to set a new kill-streak record. This caused me to rage at my screen shouting a number of unpleaseant obsenities, curses and things I'd love to 'do' to that guy that killed me. So much in fact, that it caused the guy who lives above me to come knock on my door to see if everything was alright.

That was a tad embarrasing, although I will admit it's the first time I've thrown such a big fit.

I'm trying to keep it down from now on.

Bloody Crimson

Sep 3, 2009
Time trials, mega boss puzzles. They make me say many things, mostly creative ways to use the four-letter "F" word and even the four-letter "C" word many times.

APPCRASH

Mar 30, 2009
My avatar. Inspired by a most frustrating game of Starcraft. Can you say cannon whore?

Insanum

The Basement Caretaker.
May 26, 2009
I recently have quit MW2. I only Play Hardcore TDM. But the problem is the respawn times, Waiting up to 15 Seconds to respawn is one way to seriously piss me off.

So i join a game of Underpass. Spawn, Sniped. 15 second respawn time. Spawn, Walk round a corner, Shot & killed by a dick hiding in a hedge. 13 Second Respawn time. Spawned, Shot in the back after 3 steps & 1887'd in the back.

Rinse, Repeat, RAGE.

I threw my controller, It bounced & hit my new acoustic Guitar, Chipping her.

MORE RAGE.

JRShield

Dec 9, 2009
Every game in witch I die/fail more then three times at the same point. So most recently, assassins creed 2, the Venetian dungeon.

Aerodynamic

Feb 23, 2009
I was playing killing floor lately, all my team was raped, but when the last guy went down there was only 30 out of the 200 zombies left, i picked off until there were 2 left and tried to make my way to the vender, but i forgot how much damgage i take when jumping down, i jumped down, i died, I raged

I was punching my wall then i realized i should stop after I couldnt feel my hand before

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
ANother funny rage moment that i wasn't involved with but i heard about and nearly pissed myself laughing happened at a local gamestop. Some nutsy either forgot there was a wrist-strap on the wiimote or something while playing Wii Sports Resort and tossed the controller into the TV and broke it...

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
Every moment in NG2. Once I finish making my music video on the game, that's it.

Antiparticle

Dec 8, 2008
JRShield said:
Every game in witch I die/fail more then three times at the same point.
Yep, three is usually my limit too. Die once: cool, that's part of the game. Die twice: wow, it still didn't work? Die three times: what the fuck, I'm getting sick of this shit. Die four times: that's it, I'm going to play something else.

Oh, and of course Modern "Campers Witchblades Akimbo 1887s" Warfare 2.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
There have been quite a few. One such event occured while playing Red Faction : Guerilla. I was likely furious over some perceived injustice the game was inflicting on me, which inevitably resulted in me repeatedly hurling my 360 controller at the floor and off the wall. The net result being that the right bumper button of that controller now no longer works unless you apply significant pressure to it.

Only Spore has managed to push me to the stratospheric levels of rage required to knock a sizable dent in a wood table with my bare first, however...

MetaKnight19

Jul 8, 2009
My biggest game rage moment involved the Wii Remote. I was throwing a grenade in Red Steel, but I accidentaly let go of the Nunchuk and it hit me in the face, giving me a black eye, which in turn led to the Wii Remote and Nunchuk being thrown full-pelt across the room and into the wall.

Wadders

Aug 16, 2008
One time after a particularly bad game of something (I cant remember what, it was several years ago) I lobbed my clock at the wall in rage, and it smashed into peices, which just pissed me of even more, so I punched the desk which hurt quite a lot and made me even more mad...

I was like 14/15 though, so I can blame teenage emotional imbalance for that.

I still rage all the time though, mostly by banging my fist on the desk and shouting obscenities at my screen. You know, the usual.

Bihac

Nov 25, 2009
Hrrrm, Company of Hero's, slow moving units / when my tanks don't move when I direct them to and then they get taken out by AT guns or Artillery. (It should not take more than 30 seconds to move on -flat- ground...)

Besides that,
Mr.Black said:
Any time I see my deathstreak activates on MW2. I feel like such a baddie :(

JRShield

Dec 9, 2009
Antiparticle said:
JRShield said:
Every game in witch I die/fail more then three times at the same point.
Yep, three is usually my limit too. Die once: cool, that's part of the game. Die twice: wow, it still didn't work? Die three times: what the fuck, I'm getting sick of this shit. Die four times: that's it, I'm going to play something else.

Oh, and of course Modern "Campers Witchblades Akimbo 1887s" Warfare 2.
That's why I took 3 years (well, if it's out that long) to finish Assassins Creed 1. That last part is f-ing difficult!

flaming_squirrel

Jun 28, 2008
I sometimes hurl abuse at my monitor when killed by 'magic bullets' on MW2, that bullshit never ceases to annoy.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Mario Kart Wii has some times when I almost cursed aloud at an empty room. Street Fighter IV had me slamming the controller into the couch out of frustration and left me wanting to scream. I actually just finished a game of Bad Company in which I had an absolutely terrible team that got destroyed by the defenders as attackers and then having the attackers blow by us like it was nothing when we were defending. I didn't have my mic on and it sure is good because I might have said something bad to those people but I just held myself back.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Hmmm, so many...

Prince of Persia 2008:
The combat in that was the only thing that ever caused me to actually damage a controller. The analogue stick is jammed left after being hurled on the floor. Piece of shit game.

God of War:
Spinning blade columns in Hades. Yeah. Fun.

MW2:
Broken party system
Broken matchmaking
Campers,
1887s,
lag,
host advantage,
the fact that I'll never be as good as some of those lunatics online,
chopper gunner,
ac 130,
and the fucking NUKE.

Fuck the nuke, it has completely ruined the objective games.