Your most feared Fallout 3 enemy

Timotei

The Return of T-Bomb
Apr 21, 2009
What is the one enemy that you fear most in the Capital Wasteland? Have you found a way to "de-fang" said enemy, if so how?

The one enemy that seems makes me cringe in fear is the Deathclaw. You never see them coming 90% of the time and when you do they've already taken away a qarter of your health. Their speed is unprecedented, and their offensive capabilities are fatal. I have noticed that the Dart Gun will essentialy neuter a Deathclaw and can cut their movement speed to a crawl. After that I have the oppurtunity to either run or get in a few good headshots.

Alleged_Alec

Sep 2, 2008
My most feared enemy is not really that dangerous or anything, but I just had a really bad first experience with them: fire ants.

I was just walking around in the Capital Wasteland, trying to find my way to a city, when suddenly I found myself in the ruins of another one. I saw some ants in the distances and started shooting them. They couldn't hit me, I could hit them. It was a nice XP bonus. I continued when I suddenly see three of the ants rushing towards me. No problem, I thought, I can kill them with one or two headshots. And then they suddenly started to fucking BREATHE FIRE at me.

I still don't want to get near the ugly fuckers...

Pickel Surprise

May 22, 2009
Feral Ghoul Reavers. The Dunwich building just became that much harder after I downloaded Broken Steel. Those god damned Reavers are way too powerful. The method of "de-fanging" them that I can come up with (short of shooting them in the face with the Alien Blaster) is using the Gauss Rifle at close range. I'll line up two VATS shots and hope that one of them knocks the Reaver down. Then, I'll run up close and shoot it while it's down until it's finally dead.

But, as terrible as Feral Ghoul Reavers may be, now that info has been released on Mothership Zeta, I live in constant fear of what that will bring...

ShoryukenDude

Mar 24, 2009
Alleged_Alec said:
My most feared enemy is not really that dangerous or anything, but I just had a really bad first experience with them: fire ants.

I was just walking around in the Capital Wasteland, trying to find my way to a city, when suddenly I found myself in the ruins of another one. I saw some ants in the distances and started shooting them. They couldn't hit me, I could hit them. It was a nice XP bonus. I continued when I suddenly see three of the ants rushing towards me. No problem, I thought, I can kill them with one or two headshots. And then they suddenly started to fucking BREATHE FIRE at me.

I still don't want to get near the ugly fuckers...
This. On so many different levels.

Havent gone near Greyditch because of the blasted things. Even after I cleared it out.

Also: Giant Rad Scorpions. I'll just be walking along, and I take damage. I think its a bloatfly, so I pull out the SMG. Turn around, and I see a giant stinger flying at my face. Thank god for hotkeys and The Kneecapper.

Noone From Nowhere

Feb 20, 2009
For both the Death Claws and Feral Ghoul Reavers, stealth plus lots of bunched together land mines along with sniper rifles, are your friends. A Dart Gun Shot to the legs couldn't hurt.
As for Super Mutant Behemoths, just reduce them to piles of dust with an alien blaster or a piles of radioactive giblets with a mini-nuke.
Greyditch Fire Ants are best left to fight each other after blasting their antenna.
Really, the only enemy with good planning can't render helpless are Giant Albino Rad Scorpions, unless one wants to use the Entomologist perk.

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
Suiseiseki IRL said:
The one enemy that seems makes me cringe in fear is the Deathclaw. You never see them coming 90% of the time and when you do they've already taken away a qarter of your health. Their speed is unprecedented, and their offensive capabilities are fatal. I have noticed that the Dart Gun will essentialy neuter a Deathclaw and can cut their movement speed to a crawl. After that I have the oppurtunity to either run or get in a few good headshots.
I had fought my way through half of Old Olney before getting that idea. They are still deadly when there is more than one, and I ended up with 6 of the monsters following me, more creapy than the Dunwich building.

xXGeckoXx

Jan 29, 2009
Always found deathclaws ridiculously easy to kill. I wear the chinese stealth suit at all times and it takes 2 hits with most f my weapons in vats to kill on thanks to sneak crits. Giant rascorpions. I just crouch with the stealth suit whenever I detect one so not to engage them

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
giant radscorpians, mirelurks and basically anything that doesn't have a proper head to aim at with my 100 small guns skill.

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
Albino Rad Scorpions. They're pure evil and I think the developer that came up with them needs to be killed.

dthvirus

Oct 2, 2008
Pickel Surprise said:
Feral Ghoul Reavers.
This.

Oh, I could have sworn their HP was glitched. I remember that subway battle from Broken Steel. I almost had to turn the difficulty down to Normal from Very Hard to do it. If something can take four point-blank A3-21 Plasma Rifle headshots and lose only one bar of HP, there must be something wrong. They came in packs of three with one Glowing One to heal them.

Thanks to my power armour farming runs, I had a buttload of Stimpaks, which is why I survived. I bet my character was running out of places on his body to stab those things in.

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
dthvirus said:
Pickel Surprise said:
Feral Ghoul Reavers.
This.

Oh, I could have sworn their HP was glitched. I remember that subway battle from Broken Steel. I almost had to turn the difficulty down to Normal from Very Hard to do it. If something can take four point-blank A3-21 Plasma Rifle headshots and lose only one bar of HP, there must be something wrong. They came in packs of three with one Glowing One to heal them.

Thanks to my power armour farming runs, I had a buttload of Stimpaks, which is why I survived. I bet my character was running out of places on his body to stab those things in.
Yeah, I remember that. Ghoul mask for the win!

megapenguinx

Jan 8, 2009
Centaurs scare me, just because of how they look. But other than that I fear nothing! Mwahahahahaha (MIRV's town and picks off the survivors with the Reservists rifle). Man I play that game way too much.

Soulgaunt

Jan 14, 2009
Everything in this thread that isn't from DLC.
I hate them all.
Mirelurks are isopods from hell.
Fire Ants are ants...from hell.
Giant Radscorpions are normal Radscorpions, after Steroids ( or Buffout).
Deathclaws are bastard-covered bastards with a bastard filling. (cookies to whomever gets that reference).

I Stomp on Kittens

Don't let go!
Nov 3, 2008
I'de have to say fire ants and deathclaws.

Deathclaws are so intimidating giants towering over you and there speed is the killer there no problem anymore because of the Chinese Stealth Suit.

Fire ants have never been my favorite, I try to avoid Greyditch because of those bugs.

D.C.

Oct 8, 2008
CoverYourHead said:
Albino Rad Scorpions. They're pure evil and I think the developer that came up with them needs to be killed.
Ive never come across them. Where are they usually?
dthvirus said:
Pickel Surprise said:
Feral Ghoul Reavers.
This.

Why on earth did they turn up all the stats so high? especially with how common the things are.

Worse Thing for me is i refuse to wear power armour. I have Colnel Autumn's suit on which has litte DR in comparison.

Pickel Surprise

May 22, 2009
Oh yeah, I forgot about those 'effing Fire Ants! I remember that I almost died roughly 10 times in 3 minutes the first time I ran into them. On my second playthrough, I made sure to level up my small guns skill much more before heading to Grayditch. After that, I could pick off the less powerful ones with Hunting Rifle shots to the head, but the larger, tougher ones still gave me a lot of trouble. Once I finally got to the end of that quest, I wanted to trick that damn scientist into getting killed as punishment for giving life to such things, but I'm pretty sure you can't get the perks if you do that. It was a while ago, but if I remember correctly, I blew his head off immediately afterward.

Pickel Surprise

May 22, 2009
D.C. said:
CoverYourHead said:
Ive never come across them. Where are they usually?
They can be found in the same places as regular radscorpions, but they're much rarer. I've only seen two since I downloaded Broken Steel. I didn't think that they were that much worse than regular old giant radscorpions, but that's not really saying much. Also, the second one I saw got stuck behind a rock and couldn't reach me. Thank you collusion glitches...