Your Most-Hated Enemy Power!

Kreett

Constant Contrarian
Nov 20, 2009
FalloutJack said:
DeadSp8s said:
FalloutJack said:
DeadSp8s said:
General RAAM from Gears 1 on Insane. Fuck da Kryll-lice.
Can you answer in the form of a power, please?

*Hums the Jeopardy theme*
Uhhh....Kryll.

I guess smarty pants OP never played Gears 1.
I don't have an X-Box, dude. We would've accepted that answer without the snide remark, thank you.
Its a swarm of batlike creatures that essentially act like a shield that can only be momentarily blown off with explosives.

bluepanda 492

Aug 16, 2010
The Infected from Dead Island at launch, don't know about now. they were fast, could interupt your attacks, and walk through each other (none of the others could). The worst part about them was they rushed about 3 to 5 at a time and would insta-kill you with the damn iteruption and god help you if you at a spawn point because your going to be respawning for a long time.

McMarbles

May 7, 2009
Malboro. Bad Breath. Full stop.

*edit* Now that I think of it, FF4a had an even worse version of the Malboro that could hit your entire party with Bad Breath.

Pandaman1911

Fuzzy Cuddle Beast
Jan 3, 2011
Company of Heroes. Off-map artillery. For any side. It's WAY overpowered. On-map artillery or indirect-fire units I can understand, because one can always take those out. But an infinite and untouchable supply of "explode all the units here in a 100 foot radius on my mark" gets very, very old very, very fast.

Fleetfiend

Jun 1, 2011
RandallJohn said:
Regeneration. I loathe almost killing a boss, then stopping so I can heal a bit, only to have him heal COMPLETELY.
I laughed when I read this, because then I looked at your avatar. Priceless. xD

dyre

Mar 30, 2011
Negative energy drain / level drain in BG2. You never get a chance to get rid of it until after the fight, so if you get hit with it a few times during a fight, all of a sudden your level 15 paladin is a level 5 paladin...

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Ordinaryundone said:
Also, any enemy from the Persona/SMT games who can inflict the Instant Death/Mudo status effect.
To be fair, I overlooked this because of the fact that it rarely works in those games to begin with and I tend to use things that block Hama/Mudo effects there, myself. However, I also sympathize here because that's also a part of my Trumpeter rant up there, in that he has unblockable kills.

Leemaster777 said:
Personally, I hate the friggin Plaster Spider Splicers that show up in Fort Frolic in Bioshock.
Ah, so the power to be a Weeping Angel. Good choice.

binnsyboy said:
Skyrim: Draugr deathlords.
I think I just found a reason to avoid Skyrim. Who here recalls RUST MONSTERS who instantly destroy all metal weapons and armor just for being around them? C'mon, Baldur's Gate fans. I know you've had to deal with that shit. Goodbye, shiny enchanted weapons and expensive armor...

UncleUlty said:
When an enemy launch one hard to avoid attack upon death, doesn't happen that often but when it does it is insanely annoying. Best example would be the magic master from FF6 who casts ultima once he dies, unless you know this is coming and have either re raise cast or had a party member jump, your going to die and have to start the whole damn dungeon again.
To be fair, at that point I'm far too pretty far too powerful to die. But I understand the sentiment.

tgbennett30 said:
My main pet peeve is something simpler, and in fact not really "hard" to deal with, just ANNOYING - enemies with 10,000,000 hitpoints (or the equivalent). They are rarely hard to beat, it's just that it takes SO FRAZZLING LONG to do it, and it gets boring after about the first 10 seconds, and yet you know you'll be pulling off that same combo or attack on him for the next 10 minutes before he drops....
The power to be...Weapon [http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m315/MagnusReaper/Light_Pillar.png]. Got it.

loudestmute said:
Easy. Internet connections with higher bandwidth. Close second being leaving their headset mics on so that everyone can hear them mouth breathing.

...Okay, multiplayer opponents don't count as enemies? Fine. Fighting game boss characters who are immune to the projectile/throw tactics that got you to that boss fight to begin with. Honorable mention goes to the Assassin's Creed series, as fighting against anyone holding the Apple of Eden is rarely fun. Thing seriously needs to get nerfed one of these days.
Actually, I WILL count that.

Fleetfiend said:
Yunalesca's Megadeath in FFX, or any of those one-hit-kill attacks. Gawd.
I was warned about that myself when I had the game in question. It was solved by letting her zombie attack sort of hell-bite her in the ass. You can't Death a zombie, so I left someone that way during the struggle to prevent it from being a total problem. Helps that FFX is turn-based. It would utterly suck if that were on an ATB system.

DarkRyter

Dec 15, 2008
Anyone playing pokemon Black or White?

Sturdy. The new sturdy.

No OHKO's. Makes training against those fuckers twice as long.

Ralen-Sharr

Feb 12, 2010
Magicmad5511 said:
binnsyboy said:
Skyrim: Draugr deathlords. Seriously, the disarm shout. "Oh hai guys, I just made this daedric sword and gave it a soul trap enchantment and massively powerful shock enchantment! Used my last grand and black soul gems on it, too!"

"Lol, no. ZUN HAAL VIK!"

*clatter*

"fuck, I can't find it!"
Yep. That's my one as well. I worked hard to get my weapons and some damn dead guy comes along and shouts them out of my hands. Its frustrating.
If it isn't disarm though its their unrelenting force which knocks you to the ground for a painfully long time.
Spellbreaker blocks shouts as well as magic, which is why IMO it's the best shield you could ever hope for in Skyrim.

I giggle when the Draugr try to shout at me... I just put up the shield and it's like they did nothing. It even blocks the FUS ROH DAH

Burst6

Mar 16, 2009
Wolfram01 said:
Have you played Dark Souls? Have you attempted to fight Ceaseless Discharge?

Yeah, he's a huge *****.
Really? I never had a problem with him. All you really need to do is avoid his first attack, and you pretty much win.

Speaking of Dark Souls, i really hate giant Ornstein's instant kill attack. It makes melee incredibly hard with him.

"oh hey, he has a spear. Spears are horrible if the enemy is too close. If i get under him he wont be able to hit me. Wait.. what's he doing?" and then you get impaled on a spear and electrocuted.

rob_simple

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2010
I was going to say one-hit kills in general, especially in games like Vanquish where a lot of the normal attacks are hard to distinguish from the 'fuck y'all up' attacks.

The worst though, to me, was Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts. You could hammer down two of his health bars and then, in one move, he takes your HP and MP down to 1 then teleports right next to you and: Dead.

fessferenc

Apr 17, 2009
For me, it would have to be Tibbers, god damn bear I hate that stupid bear... (for those of you who don't play LoL, its Annie's Ult)

Drakmorg

Local Cat
Aug 15, 2008
Healing.
Enemy - "Oh no I've been injured, LOL JK!"
Me - "Well, so much for feeling that my time and effort hasn't been wasted. Thanks game developers, thanks a whole fucking bunch."

GartarkMusik

Jan 24, 2011
Jade Empire's final boss had this damage shield thing where when you whaled on him enough, his hands and legs would be covered in flames and you'd take a shit ton of damage whenever you hit him. Not to mention he's the only boss in the game that can use focus. (time-slowing mechanic, for those who haven't played the game) And if you're playing on Grand Master difficulty, without Storm Dragon, heaven help you, friend.

Iwana Humpalot

Jan 22, 2011
Scripted events and un-killableness in general, nothing is more frustrating that that u can't kill the enemy UNTIL he has catched u and smashed u trough a wall or something.

Also skyrims "finishing moves". NPC: "Oh ur gonna dodge my attack? I dont think so!" *Finishing move cutscene decapitation!!!*

jetricx

Aug 29, 2011
Definitely enemies that escape before you can defeat them.
I'm looking at you, Safari Zone.

The Pinray

Jul 21, 2011
My biggest pet peeve in not just bosses but enemies in general would be when they don't flinch from your attacks, meaning they can just swing on you whenever they damn well please. It makes me feel so weak!

So the power of un-flinching.