Your most interesting era of history.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
Ancient to Medieval China and Victorian to WWII Britain. The former because they had an interestingly different culture to the West and the latter because I like the style, accents and attitude of the era.

BlackEagle95

Apr 3, 2011
Ancient era, and feudal Japan. Just find it interesting. I mean the Romans had running water at one point right?

I also have this inexplicable interest in wars. Not the thing itself, I'd be only too happy if world peace came about. I'm fascinated with battles, weapons, and tactics. Mostly ancient, but also the worlds wars.
Military historian has been on my possible career list since like 6th grade.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
Honestly, the first half of the 20th Century (1900-1949). There was so many things that were going on during that era that it has shaped the world into what it is today.

Rnr1224

Mar 21, 2011
im a history major with a specialization in 20th century studies. definitely my favorite.

Hawk eye1466

May 31, 2010
I always found the first world war and Vietnam and by a larger extent the cold war.
both periods showed how nations were too stuck in their ways and had to quickly adapt or be at a huge disadvantage.

Wadders

Aug 16, 2008
Daymo said:
I've always loved the cold war period. It's such an intriguing period with such rapid change. I've always been dissapointed to be born a few years after it ended.
I guess if you were born / grew up during the Cold War, then it wouldn't be "history" as such to you and might not hold as much intrest, so maybe it's for the best :)

OT:

Any area of British history really, but more specifically:

I kinda like the English Civil War (latter half of the 17th century), and all the stuff during and after it, like the odd factions and groups and all the crazy notions and ideas that people back then had about how the country and the world at large ought to work. Some of them were pretty close to modern thinking.

I also find the turn of last century Britain interesting, like the industrial revolution, Victorian era, Boer War, all that kinda stuff.

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
Hitokiri_Gensai said:
Japan between 1200 and 1900.

Its been a point of study throughout my life. Im half Japanese, so its a bit of my ancestory and history and its extremely interesting and important to me.
Absolutely fascinating period of history, particularly the Warring States period leading up the climactic struggles between Takada Shingen, Uesegi Kenshin, Oda Nobunaga and Tokugawa Ieyesu.

Profound apologies for the spelling errors...
Was recently reading a book about the sword throughout history and it gives an entire chapter to Kenshin and his sword.

For my own part, it's got to be High Medieval European history (medieval history up to the Black Death) and then on to the 15th and 16th centuries.

I love history as a whole,but those two periods are personal favourites.

Zaverexus

Jul 5, 2010
Roman Empire was pretty awesome, and is what I am most familiar with.
I also liked studying Mongols and Song China.

MrJKapowey

Oct 31, 2010
Classical History and 1930s onwards...

I am keen at military history and strategy (at least at my school) so the second makes sense whilst I just like the first.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Classical antiquity. Ancient Rome, Greece, Iron Age Europe, the civilizations of the Middle East. Great stories.

DrunkPickle

Sep 16, 2011
Poland and the Teutonic Knights during the Medieval times, Communism after World War 2, and Zawisza the Black of Garbow are all very interesting topics; and very "underrated", in my opinion. Most of the history thought in America focuses only on the Roman Empire and Civil War. Sure, they're important subjects, but I think the teachers use that to their advantage, and believe that's the only topics they are required to go over...

Sorry for my English by the way, it's not my native language.

thylasos

Aug 12, 2009
Early Egyptian, or the Napoleonic Wars, I'd say. Areas I know comparatively little about, it must be said. Alternatively, the history of the modern era in Eastern Europe.

INF1NIT3 D00M

Aug 14, 2008
I'd say the Era of the Galactic Civil War.
I just find all the space combat and lightsaber dueling to be so appealing. Too bad I was born Long, long after and Far, far away. Can't believe I'm the first to insert a Star Wars era.

Anyways... In real life I'd have to go with the era of the Cold War. I can't really put my finger on why I find it so interesting, though...

Cipher1

Feb 28, 2011
1900-1950s curse you Hearts of Iron and your Tangential Learning like I needed to look up the Marco Polo Bridge Incident, the Warlord period of China, Mengkukuo or the Nanjing massacre.