Your most prized achievement in gaming.

NinjaOnXTC

Apr 25, 2011
126 Kd in CoD 6 (challenge account, SnD), top 10 in SnD leader boards PS3 Blops, I found 3 shiny pokemon on platinum (Bronzong, Noctowl, Snover), Soul Calibre 3 Tale of Souls completion, I know how to use Dr. Boskonovitch (Tekken 3), Every medal legendary on Starwars Battlefront 2 (no cheating, playing my cousins the whole time), not playing WoW (amirite ;) ).

pakker

May 8, 2008
Reaching top 80 on the EU SC2 2v2 rankings, for however brief a period... Felt freaking awesome :)

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
Platinum Trophy in the new Mortal Kombat game, probably.

That or Triple Platinum in the God of War games, and theres the Origins collection coming out soon, so maybe It'l be five.

theevilgenius60 said:
For me it was beating Satan on Castlevania LoS. If you played that game on the right level, it was one hard bastard of a game.
Yea, I beat all the trials in that game. Some of them where really hard.

gCrusher

Mar 17, 2011
Vasto said:
For me it was getting the Iron Bladder achievement in Rock Band 2. The achievement requires you to beat the Endless Setlist 2 in one sitting. You can't pause, you can't hit the guide/ps button, and its 84 songs, some of which are both extremely difficult and long. Not only did I get this achievement, but I did it on expert difficulty.
Gratz!

I did it on Medium myself, over a New Years Eve a couple years ago. Played with an entire group doing it, and we also did about an hour and a half of stuff prior to that as a warm-up. That was nearly a mistake, and after drumming for the entire time my hands had trouble unclenching.

THE CLAAAAWWWW...

While we weren't doing Expert, I still think it was no small feat of gaming might.

Electric Alpaca

What's on the menu?
May 2, 2011
MGS2 European Extreme completion; (with the under 2 hours etc for the best rank) [the most infuriating by far thanks to Arsenal Gear]
MGS4 Big boss emblem
FFVIII Perfect file
FFIX Perfect file, including Excalibur II
FFX Perfect file, including Aeons at Max HP/MP and Lv 99 Blitzball team

All previous generation when the only cares I had were my games.

aei_haruko

Jun 12, 2011
omega_peaches said:
So, that thing that if it didn't make you look like the biggest nerdy loser ever, what is that thing in gaming that you would flaunt, put on job resumes, etc.
For me, it's my golden AK-47 in CoD4, I mean 150 Headshots with every assault rifle!
I'm trying to get it on PS3, as I already have it on PC.
So what is your most prized achievement in gaming>
being the last guy on an xbox live match in gears of war, and then winning it all by myself

StellarViking

Apr 10, 2011
Full completion of all missions on every difficulty in Ace Combat 5 and Zero on an S Rank, unlocking all medals and aircraft.

Jamboxdotcom

Nov 3, 2010
Hmmm, i'd probably have to go with some of my old tanking adventures as a paladin in FFXI. I once solo tanked Byakko as a paladin (back before the massive shield buffs that made plds virtual gods). Also, when my Dynamis shell was trying to bring down Dynamis lord, we tried a few different failed strategies including kiting Yin and Yang. The attempt failed, but i managed to successfully kite Yin (still not sure how, though, as he apparently had no real aggro table). This shit's all like 7-8 years ago, but still good memories.

Inconspicuous Trenchcoat

Shinku Hadouken!
Nov 12, 2009
Being in one of the top 500 players list during League of Legends' beta (http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=20721). I'm definitely not anywhere near being an expert at the game, but it was cool at the time. Although the player base at large has gotten much better since then, I still feel I'm above average, maybe.

Since video game playing has always and still carries a stigma where I live, I am too embarrassed to truly be proud of anything I've done in video games. Being proud without any shame of something achieved in a video game seems impossible to me. Social pressure wins this time.

Other thing: Beat all medium levels on Trials 2: Second Edition without falling; also completed at least some of the hard levels in Trials 2 (both are much harder than they sound). I got very close to breaking a million points on Alaska in SSX Tricky.

Battle Pope

Nov 2, 2009
Killing Crawmerax. I was Roland, friend was Lilith.

So basically I was the distraction and my friend was the assassin, but it didn't make it any less sweet to watch that giant bastard topple over and loot spill across the sand.

BarberToad

Apr 22, 2011
omega 616 said:
BarberToad said:
The Scottish Play achievement from tf2, where you need to perform a melee kill why stikcy-jumping.

I literally spent about 5 hours performing jumps off ramps, hours well spent in my opinion ^^
Well I'm screwed for that one, I can't sticky/rocket jump at all.

Then again there's loads I will be screwed on in that game. Mainly the spy ones, I can't use spy at all.

On topic. My platinum trophy on SC2, it is my first ever one. <3
Go on ctf_tfort, take the Scotsman's Skullcutter, place 2 stickies at the edge of the sniper balcony, then launch yourself towards the enemy snipers. Oh and cross your fingers that you pull off a critical hit once you land on the poor guy. As I said, you'll need a whole afternoon of free time...or maybe you'll pull it off in 5 minutes. Multiplayer-based achievements are quite a lot based on luck.

Thinking about it, the achievements that made me the most proud were the ones on Cogs, at least they required some brainpower!

Royta

Aug 7, 2009
Beating Resident Evil 4 with the knife was pretty damn awesome to do, but i'd still go with beating Challenge6 in Vanquish. Never did I yell so much out of joy when beating something, great stuff.

Oh and getting through Dragon Age Origins on Nightmare while letting a dice controle all my conversational actions. Really fun to do and also really awesome. And hard. Almost my entire party died.

TheKruzdawg

Apr 28, 2010
Sir Boss said:
Completing Mass Effect 2 on insanity, or perhaps being the last man alive in arena mode in TF2
I just completed Mass Effect 2 on Insanity, which was my last achievement I needed for that game. Now I have them all! :D WOOT!

razor343

Sep 29, 2010
Completing Abe's Exoddus. I remember watching my dad play it when I was really quite young, and how pissed off he was after every session. I beat it with much less stress but it still probably took off a few years of my life.