Your Most Prized Achievements/Trophies

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I'd probably say some of the silent heist achievements from Payday 2 would be things I am happy to have obtained, in particular if I was able to do them solo.

Like the gold heist mission, where you can get some money, or ALL THE MONEY, but it's a slow, tedious, nail biting thing, where you can be caught at multiple stages, all by one slip up as you move bag after bag to the extraction point. There is no achievement for doing them solo that I recall, but a lot of the silent heists are totally doable by yourself, if you know what you are doing. And the tricksy sneak-thief in me always gets a warm fuzzy when I pull them off.
Is that the warehouse one?
My friends and I kept going back to that one. It was fun

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Is that the warehouse one?
My friends and I kept going back to that one. It was fun
The gold heist one I'm specifically referring to, though there are lots of them, is the one in that....I think he was a politician(?)'s high rise apartment. And he's got a LOT of cocaine, which is the normal objective, the bonus objective, is to get into his super ultra safe, and steal his stockpiled gold bars. There is an achievement specifically for getting all the gold from that one. I remember that being one of my favorite missions to stealth. There was also the art gallery, stealing all the paintings. I am having trouble remembering them, as I haven't played that game in....shit...years. But yeah, any of those "Do this, but do it quiet, and get ALL the loot." achievements, were probably the closest thing to "pride" I have, for simple challenge achievements. I usually don't care about "Do this hard thing, simply because we dare you to." kind of achievements. But if you make it a stealth one....well....I do have my weaknesses, I will admit. And "do all of this, without killing anyone and/or being seen" are the kind where my brain goes "Ok, challenge accepted. Let's pacifist/ghost the FUCK out of this mission!"

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Winning Lords of Midnight the hard (military) way in 10 game days.

I wonder about whether I might be able to do it in 9, although it would probably require a particularly big dose of dumb luck with the semi-random AI movement.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
The gold heist one I'm specifically referring to, though there are lots of them, is the one in that....I think he was a politician(?)'s high rise apartment. And he's got a LOT of cocaine, which is the normal objective, the bonus objective, is to get into his super ultra safe, and steal his stockpiled gold bars. There is an achievement specifically for getting all the gold from that one. I remember that being one of my favorite missions to stealth. There was also the art gallery, stealing all the paintings. I am having trouble remembering them, as I haven't played that game in....shit...years. But yeah, any of those "Do this, but do it quiet, and get ALL the loot." achievements, were probably the closest thing to "pride" I have, for simple challenge achievements. I usually don't care about "Do this hard thing, simply because we dare you to." kind of achievements. But if you make it a stealth one....well....I do have my weaknesses, I will admit. And "do all of this, without killing anyone and/or being seen" are the kind where my brain goes "Ok, challenge accepted. Let's pacifist/ghost the FUCK out of this mission!"
Yeah, I haven't played it since microtransactions

Oh yes. I felt like that one required way more coordination. Which is good but sometimes just go off on your own individual tasks in the warehouse was great. The other one was the suburban house and I think you had to wire tap them

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Getting a No Damage Bonus on Mission 19 in DMC5. Completing Bloody Palace with Dante in DMC5 with an S Rank and completion time of 2 3 hours and 29 32 minutes.

Completing Bloody Palace with Dante and Vergil in DMC3 Special Edition back on the PS2 and X360. There are 9999 floors as opposed to 101 floors in games after 3.

Last edited:

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I’ve done all the classic GoW’s, and some of those challenges could be pretty tough IMO; possibly even more so than the majority of SoulsBorne outside of a boss here or there.
I remember some of the arena challenges being pretty demanding, specially compared to the games themselves, but don't have any specific memories about them unlike say certain parts of the Uncharted games on Crushing difficulty, or Spec Ops in FUBAR mode.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Getting a No Damage Bonus on Mission 19 in DMC5. Completing Bloody Palace with Dante in DMC5 with an S Rank and completion time of 2 hours and 29 minutes.

Completing Bloody Palace with Dante and Vergil in DMC3 Special Edition back on the PS2 and X360. There are 9999 floors as opposed to 101 floors in games after 3.
Dude that is crazy. Those requirements are fucking bonkers. Good job with that. Dmc games are basically impossible for mortals to platinum.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Dude that is crazy. Those requirements are fucking bonkers. Good job with that. Dmc games are basically impossible for mortals to platinum.
Takes time and dedication. Took me a year to do both. Watching this guy combo videos helped immensely.

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
Getting the Platinum trophy on Nioh and the final trophy of Bloodshed’s End (3rd DLC) are the ones I’m most proud of. According to the trophy list only 3% of Nioh players got the platinum and only 0.6% got all the trophies for the third DLC.

The Platinum for Infamous: Second Son is a close second because it is the first Platinum that I ever earned.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Getting the Platinum trophy on Nioh and the final trophy of Bloodshed’s End (3rd DLC) are the ones I’m most proud of. According to the trophy list only 3% of Nioh players got the platinum and only 0.6% got all the trophies for the third DLC.

The Platinum for Infamous: Second Son is a close second because it is the first Platinum that I ever earned.
I got the plat in Nioh 2 but i never went back to get it for the first game.

Grats on that Nioh is a pain in the ass lol.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Back in 2011 I dedicated three days to playing nothing but the original Castlevania until I was able to beat it without dying, did the same with Metal Slug in like 2009 but they also had it at an arcade so I went to show off and beat it one credit there, because why not?

Other than that I'm mostly pretty bad at games in general so I have nothing.

Ravinoff

Elite Member
Legacy
May 31, 2012
Country
Canada
Oh god, you mean Framing Frame Day 3. That was the stuff of nightmares to stealth, let alone stealth with all the loot, even with a full team. Probably the hardest thing outside the "big" heists on stealth (Big Bank, Golden Grin, etc). Warehouse one is Shadow Raid, tricky but pretty fun to do, and a great source of XP.

Reactions: happyninja42

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Oh god, you mean Framing Frame Day 3. That was the stuff of nightmares to stealth, let alone stealth with all the loot, even with a full team. Probably the hardest thing outside the "big" heists on stealth (Big Bank, Golden Grin, etc). Warehouse one is Shadow Raid, tricky but pretty fun to do, and a great source of XP.
Yeah that's the one, and yeah, doing a stealth run with a full team in a PUG is really tricky. It's why I usually would just solo it. Way more control when I'm the only person. Big Bank could get finicky too as I recall, but still doable. I think I stopped playing around the time the Golden Grin and other maps started going live. I vaguely recall, the newest heist member being that....was she Irish? The female Irish character, but I'd taken a break for a bit so I was kind of playing catch up. Didn't really try many of the new maps as I was trying to get used to the change in game mechanics and card sets and etc. Lost interest around that time and haven't played it since.

I do miss it though, I had so much fun with that game.