Your most recent/favorite "WHY WILL YOU NOT DIE!?" moment?

EternalFacepalm

Feb 1, 2011
Fallout 3. Those stupid children were running away to get an army, and I COULD NOT KILL THEM.
That's different, I guess, but it's valid, right?

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Most recent? Probably Yizmat from FFXII. Oh yes, let's give a boss 12,000,000 hp when the max damage you could possibly do is 9999! That can't possibly end badly.

Favorite? Demon General (Giga) Darkdeath Evilman from Zettai Hero Project. When you start up the game, you even get a disclaimer stating something like, "This game only consists of one action sequence against the final boss. We thank you for your understanding."

It took me over 60 hours to beat that game.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
Most recent: Antoine Thomas from Dead Rising 2. Stop stuffing your face, goddammit!

Favorite: Crystal King from Paper Mario. You think you've got him on the ropes, when suddenly BAM! Instant heal for +20 HP (considering you only do 3 damage or so, that' a pretty big deal).

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
I can't tell you how many times in playing Fallout 3 on Very Hard after getting all the DLC where I took on some level 30 creature only to have my previously fully conditioned weapon break before I killed the enemy.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
X-COM Apocalypse

Random Skeletoid hovering in a stairwell evaded over 90% of my attacks for no reason other than stupidly bad luck.

Said agents had previously massacred an entire room of Skeletoids and Anthropods at an even longer range.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Heavies who use the KGB in Medieval Mode in TF2 are the worst thing there is.

A critical hit can instakill close to all classes but Heavy, and that 5 seconds of critical hits every kill racks up really, really quickly. Those bastards are hard to kill, and your teammates keep on supplying him with 100% critical hit chance.

Biosophilogical

Jul 8, 2009
Most Recent: Ancient Devil in Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (and about 2 turns after I thought that, it died, but it goes through the death animation before the battle-text says it's dead, so I was going "WTF" for like three seconds)

Favourite: Sephiroth (KH2) and Yunalesca (FFX). Sephiroth because it required me to do away with my usual block button (because counter used square instead of circle or something) meaning I had to learn a new battle style while trying not to be completely owned ... again ... [sub]again, again, again ... again[/sub] And Yunalesca because OMFG, three forms!? And I have to keep some of my guys as zombies to not insta-die!?

Denmarkian

Feb 1, 2008
Just beat Metroid Fusion, so just about all of those bosses: Security Box X, Nightmare X, Mecha-Spider X, all need PIN-POINT precision for missile shots.

Meta Ridley X, surprisingly, was not that difficult; just laid about 70-odd missles while soaking damage.

Can't think of a favorite right now...

Giest4life

The Saucepan Man
Feb 13, 2010
Well, it was in FIFA 11 and it really wasn't a matter of life and death. It was a Manager Mode League [3rd division] match between and I was using Skyport against Chesterfield. I scored, they equalized. I score again and they responded in like. I scored in the 89th freakin minute, and they still managed to pull it back. This was the most recent one.

Sudenak

Mar 31, 2011
Most Recent:
- Match in Age of Mythology in which every time I knocked down an enemy settlement they'd hastily rebuild another one. At one moment, they had zero settlements but -still didn't surrender-. I had to spend 4 more joyless hours tracking down every single unit and building they had before they admitted defeat; they refused to give up even when they had no settlements and no villagers to build with.

All Time Favorite:

TIE

- Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles final boss. I never actually beat it because no matter what you've done up to that point, your attacks do 1 point of damage. So, after several hours of fighting and making it to round two of the SAME FIGHT, I threw in the towel.

- Final Fantasy XII Yiazmat. Never before has there been a monster so utterly impossible to murder, never before has it been so unnecessary to the plot to murder it. You have to beat another absurd boss to even challenge this one, but this one takes the cake. 50 health bars. Each health bar is 1 million HP. You can't break the damage limit of 9,999. Assuming your three characters all hit for that much damage, you could conceivably do one health bar in roughly 30 minutes. Therefore beating him in 25 hours. Yiazmat also has a few 1-hit KO attacks, as well as one that you CAN'T DODGE. It resists everything, forcing you to just bonk and pray. You can leave to heal, though; but the game thought of this and will allow Yiazmat to slowly regain health the longer you stay away. ARGH WHY WON'T YOU DIE.

- Final (seeing a pattern here) Fantasy X Seymour. In this game, everyone has a case of "why won't you die", because the dead don't stay dead. You kill Seymour once, he comes back and marries your party mate. You kill him again, he comes back to own you at a really bad time. You kill him again, and he comes back INSIDE THE FINAL BOSS. This guy just doesn't know when to quit.

Honorable mention: Miltank from Goldenrod Gym. 'Nuff said.

herpaderphurr

Mar 16, 2010
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl:
Monolith!
Oh God, the Monolith they never fucking die except when you manage to get a headshot (instant kill on anything) otherwise you need to expend two whole mags...

Neverhoodian said:
Most recent: Antoine Thomas from Dead Rising 2.
Use the Knife Gloves and cut him down, they're ridiculously powerful.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Most recent: some tall white alien in Halo Reach. I put three full mags of rifle ammo into his head and his shield didn't even go down. And it was done quickly too, as he was just standing there letting me shoot him. The only pauses were when I had to reload, so he didn't have a chance to recharge it.

Favorite: Why would I have a favorite? I don't like it when things I'm trying to kill don't die.

DJ_DEnM

My brother answers too!
Dec 22, 2010
Most Recent: Badass Skag lvl 13 in Borderlands. I'm a nooooooooooooob

Favorite: can't remember xP

Drummie666

Jan 1, 2011
Most recent: A spider I tried to drown in my toilet... I have an arachnophobia so I was scared to go near it. Yes, I have an arachnophobia, wanna fight about it?

All time favourite: Ceasare (Is that how you spell his name?) from AssCreedBro. Dude, I've killed probably half of your army by this point by myself and I've been chipping away at your armour for the past 20 minutes, for fuck's sake man, JUST. FUCKING. DIE!!!

Hader

Jul 7, 2010
Tank in L4D2. Bastard was burning for like a minute straight with all of us shooting him, took forever to finally die. It was only on Advanced difficulty too.

DJ_DEnM

My brother answers too!
Dec 22, 2010
Warty Bliggens said:
My favorite one is the boss from NIER that I refer to as "Armor Pig". Those who have played this game will know which boss I mean. Those who have not should feel free to lynch themselves.
OOOHH MAAAAN I know, you literally don't kill him!!!

Red Pawn

Jun 3, 2009
Sudenak said:
Honorable mention: Miltank from Goldenrod Gym. 'Nuff said.
Oh God.

OP: Blood Harvest's final event Tank on Expert Four-Player Co-Op: Two molotovs, six rifle magazines and three dead teammates.

Fantasylord

Aug 25, 2009
For me since it happened an hour ago the final battle with Zeus in God of War 3 wow that fight was long.

Ophi

Jun 28, 2009
My favorite moments like this are whenever I'm using my flinch/paralyze/roost Togekiss and prankster/subseed Whimsicott on random online battles on Pokemon White.

So many ragequits. It is glorious.