Your most recent gaming challenge

Smallells

Feb 18, 2010
The title sums it up pretty well; what has been killing you/your men the most recently? Doesn't have to be the MOST challenging sequence you've EVER played EVER, just something mildly frustrating as of late.

Personally, I've been stuck on the extreme versions of the fight challenges on Batman: Arkham Asylum. I've had it up to here with those dang knife-wielding goons cutting me up.
Damn you 100% completion, I HAVE UNI ASSESSMENTS THAT NEED COMPLETING/STARTING!

Captcha: Need a bigger boat
How apt.

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
Getting out of the matchmaking trash-tier in Dota 2.

Took me nearly four years to get out of that tier in Heroes of Newerth (though still getting matched up with idiots from time to time), really hoping it doesn't take that long for Dota 2 as well.

AVeryClassyCat

Feb 24, 2013
Getting back into Killing Floor has been a pain. If it's not the small community for Suicidal/Hell On Earth, it's my roughness from not playing for a few months. Personally I'm really tired of practicing and trying to cater my combo kills and other strats to what works best for me only to be screwed by team composition, my own mistakes or internet issues.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
Basically doing whatever I can to make Kingdoms of Amalur challenging.
No trainers, which I never use anyway, no crafting at all, no shop interaction i.e. I only use what I can find and a couple other restrictions I can't remember cuz I'm tired.

It's gettin' there. :D

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
SomeLameStuff said:
Getting out of the matchmaking trash-tier in Dota 2.

Took me nearly four years to get out of that tier in Heroes of Newerth (though still getting matched up with idiots from time to time), really hoping it doesn't take that long for Dota 2 as well.
Hey after my 5 or so games of DOTA 2 I can say with certainty that playing Crystal Maiden at that tier is HILARIOUS. People don't seem to understand that she has a stun, a slow and a really damaging (and fun) ultimate. DIVE ME BRO!

It's like diving a Katarina or Cassiopeia but even more suicidal :3

I still don't understand any of the other heroes in the game though. This one guy just pulled a Fiora ult on me but it actually instakilled me from full health on its own... Think the move was called Omnislash or something.

Oh and the mana issues are beyond insane in that game. At least I can put two points in her global mana regen passive early to compensate but still.

OT: Ehh I guess just climbing the Solo Queue Ranked ladder in LoL counts. I mean i'm usually fine (read: not feeding,) I can do whatever role and i'd like to think my Ezreal is pretty good but GAWD SCRUBS EVERYWHERE! I'm liking Katarina more now because I can actually do the whole OH SHUNPO DODGE! IN YOUR FACE *****! thing because my FPS is a very stable 60 now instead of a terrible 23 at best. Really i'm just annoyed by my lack of duo partners being online recently.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
piinyouri said:
Basically doing whatever I can to make Kingdoms of Amalur challenging.
No trainers, which I never use anyway, no crafting at all, no shop interaction i.e. I only use what I can find and a couple other restrictions I can't remember cuz I'm tired.

It's gettin' there. :D
Hey, hey, I have an exercise for you in Kingdoms of Amalur.

Save your game, then get into a random fight. Just charge into the first bunch of enemies you see. Then, get this, close your eyes and try to fight them off.

You may be surprised by the results. I certainly was.

Tallim

Mar 16, 2010
Tactical Challenge 5 on Vanquish..... man, just thinking about it now makes me get all tense as I mentally try and run through it to see where I need to change my run.

Edit: Hmm I'm also working on max scores for some of my favourite echoes on Bulletstorm. So difficult to get the theory and practice to work though. I'm pretty sure I can get 50K+ on The Park

Dryk

Dec 4, 2011
I finished Bit.Trip Runner last night, a small section of that game pulls the most amazing dick moves I've seen in a while... and then the level just keeps going.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
The last challenging thing i done ? Well i completed SMT: Digital devil Saga 2 on hard mode on my first playthrough in january . Which honestly wasn't that hard , i was disappointed . I'm going to let that settle a bit an go for the secret bosses .

Before that ... About a year ago i beat SMT: Nocturne on Hard mode . Now THAT was hard , And i liked it!

Sp3ratus

Apr 11, 2009
I just beat Spec Ops: The Line on FUBAR difficulty yesterday. Most of the game was manageable, but some of the fights were infuriatingly difficult. I also got the remaining achievements I was missing in the process, so I'm 50/50 on Steam achievements now.

One of my ongoing challenges is beating the 3 Degrees mission in Fate of the World. Beating Earth Day alone was a challenge and there I had to go the Star Ark route. I'd like to beat 3 Degrees "properly", ie actually saving the Earth, instead of just abandoning it, in search of other planets to fuck up.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
TizzytheTormentor said:
krazykidd said:
The last challenging thing i done ? Well i completed SMT: Digital devil Saga 2 on hard mode on my first playthrough in january . Which honestly wasn't that hard , i was disappointed . I'm going to let that settle a bit an go for the secret bosses .

Before that ... About a year ago i beat SMT: Nocturne on Hard mode . Now THAT was hard , And i liked it!
Digital Devil Saga is one of the more tame games Atlus has made that is related to the Shin Megami Tensei brand.

Yes, Nocturne is hard as balls on hard mode! Did you go the true demon route?

OT: I haven't played many games recently, but I bought the Devil May Cry HD Collection and I beat Dante Must Die mode in Devil May Cry 3 and holy shit was it tough, being fully upgraded and fully stocked and it was still hard as hell (pun intended)
Going through that damn amala labyrith shaved off a couple of years if my life , and add a few grey hairs to my head ( seriously ). Doing that on Hard mode is the hardest thing i have ever had to do in any game ever periode . Most people couldn't do it on Normal NG+ . After i did it on Hard mode no ng+, i honestly would not recommend it to ANYONE ever , unless they hate themselves . Boy was it satisfying to beat the labyrinth and later LUCIFER the true end game boss but god damn i'm never doing that again .

While on the topic of SMT games , have you played SMT: Strange journey? That final boss is crazy , even when you hit max level . But the music is amazing.

CannibalCorpses

Aug 21, 2011
I just finished my Fallout NV full run using only melee on very hard and it was far easier than i expected...the only real challenge is the Deathclaws in the DLC and they were a complete bastard with a super sledgehammer.

Alice: madness returns on the hardest difficulty without any upgrades...that was pretty harsh and took me a few days.

100% sync on Ass Creed 3 without any outside assistance but that was far too easy...i hoped for more.

Been struggling for a while to find a challenge that would keep me entertained but i do go back and play GTA4 from time to time without dying or getting busted but even that isn't the challenge it was the first time.

I suppose the greatest challenge i give myself is finishing every game on the hardest setting first playthrough without resorting to walkthroughs but even that isn't as challenging as it should be. Adult(hard) difficulty is must like child(easy) difficulty for most games bah!

IllumInaTIma

Flesh is but a garment!
Feb 6, 2012
krazykidd said:
I've finished Nocturne about 2 days ago, and God damn it, was I happy! Not happy because "YAY! THat was awesome!" but because "AT LAST I AM FREE!". Managed to kill Lucifer at lvl86, that bastard is so cheap!
Captcha:Ice to meet you. Hee-hoo!

Sleix

Dec 31, 2012
Killing Monster X on my first play through of Cave Story on the hardest difficulty, oh the table flips that were had.

dave1004

Sep 20, 2010
I was working on an exploding Minecart launcher. I would have the Cart follow a rails under magma flows held back by Obsidian grates, and using a Lever dwarf, the grates would open, dolloping some magma onto the cart. Then, using a few glitches, the cart would zoom across the rails, and fly up in the air...And land, with a VERY large, and magma-filled, ocean.

Really, how else do you stop the endless Goblin waves? Though it really did help when I got attacked by that Necromancer. Can't reanimate a body if it's melted by Magma, fool! AND, even if they get past my mine-cart rail-gun, they have a large, twisted road full of traps and pillboxes stuffed with Marksdorfs in them. And past that is my "zoo" - Easily a dozen creatures tames and chained up. Giant Leopards, Scorpions, Bears and more. Then my entire army decked out in steel-and-adamantine awaits!

Plus, I dropped a Dwarven child into my dog-training pen, and in around six more years he should come out a grizzled veteren...If he survives. Better pump out more children if he doesn't, breeders!