Your Most Regretted Game Purchase

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Probably Harvest Moon A Wondeful Life. I love Harvest Moon Friend of Mineral Town so I thought that Harvest Moon a Wonderful Life (which connects to the GBA game) would be fun. I am ure it would have been fun, and I am sure it is great, but I just had an awful time getting into it, it's really a game I would say plays better in 2D than 3D. I got lsot on my first exploration of the town and passed out after being out all night. That's pretty much all I played from it.

nitat

Apr 10, 2010
Dragon Age origins, deluxe edition.

Not because I think it's a bad game but I don't have the time nor energy for it :(

That was 50 euros down the drain.

captnb2thep

Dec 30, 2010
My launch Xbox 360 and the HD DVD drive. I'm so pissed that I wasted money on that drive lol, even bought a couple movies on HD DVD. Anyway, I didn't play my xbox much at all for a few years, then really good games started coming out and I got into it more (part of it was I was too busy with school before) and then I RROD almost immediately after I started playing it again, and of course, it was out of warranty. I still haven't bought another one, but since then I bought a PS3 and I'll probably eventually pick up a slim 360 model.

Also, Pokemon Trading Card game for GBC. I played the hell out of it because I bought it with my birthday money at the time, but it is truly terrible lol.

Sylveria

Nov 15, 2009
Final Fantasy 13. One of the most boring games I've ever played and made me lose the little bit of faith I had in the series and Square Enix as a whole. The worst part is I bought into that "It gets better 20 hours in" garbage and actually finished the awful thing.

MikailCaboose

Jun 16, 2009
The Witcher. Because my computer's Graphics card absolutely sucks, so it just sets on my desk mocking me.

Phagin

Mar 29, 2011
Defiantly The Club, it was awful in every single way, I'm all up for over the top violence in an arcadey game show format but seriously, could they have missed the mark any more? I bought it because it got a good review score and yes I can see what they were going for but it fell severely short in my opinion. The only game I've ever traded in the next day, and I don't mean on my next trip into town, I made a point of going back the next day to tell them what I though of it.

Seives-Sliver

Jun 25, 2008
The Divinci Code for the Xbox, I was 14 at the time and thought it would be great, I spent three days on the first puzzle and another week on the second, after that I gave up and hid the game where I couldn't find it, I only recently found it and I threw it away.

Saint Cynicism

Mar 29, 2011
Bioshock 2. Honestly, it felt like lazy storytelling, with new elements just shoe-horned into the original story ("SO THAT LAMB LADY? TOTALLY HERE THE WHOLE TIME. SUPER IMPORTANT. WE JUST DIDN'T TALK ABOUT HER IN THE PREVIOUS GAME BECAUSE...UM...SO, HOW ABOUT THAT BIG SISTER?"), and with almost no change to actual gameplay. I wound up returning it for credit the same day I bought it.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
blizzaradragon said:
Recent: Brutal Legend or Borderlands. I had fun with them both for about an hour and a half, then realized that they weren't nearly as good as everyone hyped them up to be.

Of all time: Final Fantasy XI. It is literally the only Final Fantasy game I haven't at least enjoyed a little bit. Hell, I enjoyed the garbage that was X-2 more than that pile of crap. Its because of that game that I won't even bat an eye at Final Fantasy XIV, and refuse to trust any MMO other than World of Warcraft (and maybe The Old Republic).

CrossLOPER said:
What I don't understand the Dragon Age II and FF 13 hate.
I don't get all the hate either. I personally put XIII up in my top 5 Final Fantasy games (at number 4, being beaten out by X, VIII and VI while just barely nosing out IV), and I thought Dragon Age II was another shining example of Bioware at its finest. But to each their own I guess.
first in formost i love DA2 but i have to admit bioware kinda screwed up the ending i mean it worked but it left me wanting more.(oh and to all of you who are pissed about the loss of the old stat and skills system.....did you play the same game as me?!)

OT tales of symphonia dawn of the new world..........i pre odered this think omg they made a sequel to one of my favoret rpgs!!!! i get it put it in and ....wtf how the hell did i start playing whiney ***** boy uses monsters like pokemon?! im sorry i love jrpgs but that one game distroyed the lore of my favoret rpg of all time. this game should be burned and the developer beaten with the burning hot remains.

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
AlternatePFG said:
Black Ops PC easily. It's been months and it still doesn't work properly, and now they've released a map pack before they fixed some seriously huge issues.
Ditto. Biggest waste of $80. I bought it to because my friend's pressured me into it.
It's horrible.
-Tabs<3-

Fenreil

Mar 14, 2010
Circusfreak said:
i think that would be Company of Heroes. also all those crappy movie tie in games i bought as a kid.
I'm going to assume you don't like strategy games, 'cause that game was great.

As for me, my most regretted purchase was The Force Unleashed for the Wii. What a piece of shit.

LKArtillery

Mar 30, 2011
Scribblenauts.

Bought it when I still thought old memes were funny. Realized a little while later that the game was shit. Too bad! I dunno, like... it was one of the glitchiest games I've ever played, so many letdowns for all the HYPE

Fuloqwam

Jul 29, 2009
Mortal Kombat 4. Not a bad game, but to get it, I traded in Super Mario RPG. I was, like 11 years old, and I'm still kicking myself.

anon_gamer1001

Mar 30, 2011
Metal Gear Solid 4 the best term for it is interactive movie as there is four minutes of cutscenes to every minute of gameplay

agentironman

Sep 22, 2009
As of about ten minutes ago, I would have to go with Homefront. What a waste of money, just over 3 hours of playtime and the campaign is done. I am so angry I don't even want to bother with the multiplayer.

HyperCubed4

Oct 2, 2009
If I didn't say it already, I'd also add Costume Quest to my list.

Words cannot express what a waste of fucking money this game was. I know it was PROBABLY aimed towards kids, so this is the LAST time I'm basing my purchases on reviews. "Hey," HyperCubed thought. "This game got really good reviews, and it was made by the same people who made Brutal Legend and Psychonauts (which I haven't played, please don't hurt me). So maybe this game will last me more than 5 hours of gameplay!"

But oh, how I was wrong. I was looking for a game with length. An RPG with more than 3 moves. An RPG where the sidequests took MORE than 5 minutes to beat. An RPG where collectibles weren't as easy to find as a neon-yellow searchlight in the middle of a pitch-black room. An RPG where it doesn't take me 5 hours to find every collectible, beat every enemy, and get every costume/character and, in general, beat the game with 100% completion.

15 dollars. That's 3 bucks per hour of gameplay. What a waste. And then I found DeathSpank... tons of hours of gameplay and a main character who almost left my sides splitting. For another 15 dollars. I was THRILLED!

Then both games went on sale on the PSN a few weeks later for 50% off. Fuck you, Sony.