Your musical instrument

TriGGeR_HaPPy

Another Regular. ^_^
May 22, 2008
Played Piano for 11 years now. I really don't know much classical, though... I much prefer rock. :D

I'm inheriting this piano the moment I get a house

Currently, I'm learning Root Beer Rag by Billy Joel.
<youtube=9D7CGsx_XCI>
One of my favourite songs I've learnt a few years ago was Let Me Entertain You by Robbie Williams, which I also sing along to (I've sang for ~5 years now, too).
<youtube=IgXfjOMusUo>Yea, I probably shouldn't've shown a distorted live version, but if you want a cleaner version, then find it yourself. :p
<spoiler="Pic of me playing and singing Let Me Entertain You at an Open Mic Night just a few weeks ago
(spoilered, because I imagine a lot of you don't care. :p )">The lighting on my jeans gives it a weird blue/shadow contrast. >_>
That's also my digital piano...

I love how many different ways you can play the piano, the variety of songs you can choose to play on it, etc. If I went back to when I first started playing, and was given the choice of learning a different instrument, or keep along this path of playing the piano, I'd definitely choose the piano again.

old account

Jul 11, 2009
I play guitar, like the other 93% of the worlds population xD lol
Faded cherry red Gibson Studio arch-top (so I can use a violin bow like Jonsi in Sigur Ros) with p-90 humbuckers, because we all need that extra punch xD

BabySinclair

Apr 15, 2009
Oboe, bassoon, piano a bit, 6-hole ocarina, and if I can ever get a hold of one a set of bagpipe. What can I say, I'm eccentric though my proficiency in them has dropped off as of late, nowhere to practice.

DiabloBub666

Aug 1, 2010
Main instrument: cello
Other instruments I can play/have successfully played: keyboard, acoustic guitar, ukulele, bass guitar, drum set, xylophone, trombone, triangle, kazoo.
Instruments I want to learn how to play: BARITONE SAX!!!!

Jack Cheal

Aug 25, 2010
I play drums, guitar and ukulele, and I'm learning bass I've only been playing guitar and uke for a few months but i feel i have a good grasp, drums iv played for a good few years, and bass for about a week

Sep 9, 2007
I play an Euphonium [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euphonium] and I have done for about 5 or 6 years now, and before that I played Baritone Horn for another 4 or so years. I started playing in primary school playing for a junior band and now I'm the second Euphonium (of two >_>) for one of the brass bands in my area.

azra_jael

Mar 19, 2010
I've played piano for 15 years, and I played french horn for 6 years, clarinet for 1. I love the piano for its versatility. And french horn because it can be used musically for many things, yet people underestimate it quite often.

KuwaSanjuro

Dec 22, 2010
Guitar and very minimal keyboard, I want to learn piano but I had to choose keyboard instead , I'd also love to learn to play saxophone but money.

KaosuHamoni

Apr 7, 2010
I play guitar at a high level, and Piano at about grade 5.

I play mainly rock, folk and blues on guitar, and romantic-era classical on piano. Mainly Chopin.

Kecunk

Feb 8, 2011
Well i first started play the bass guitar when i was 15 because my two best firends at the time were learning to play guitar and drums so i figured i'd learn to play bass and we'd start a band. The whole band thing never happened but i ended up really enjoying playing the bass so i kept at it.

Then a few years later i decided to learn guitar because i figured it would help make me a batter bassist and make it easier to jam with guitarist and im starting to get pretty decent at it.

I can also play a little keyboard but nothing too flashy.

I plan to get a drum set someday so then i'll have the whole package.

Im also a decent singer if you're one of those people that consider the human voice to be an instrument.

Cursed Frogurt

Aug 17, 2010
I learned to play the piano because that's what my mom forced me to get (and pay for with my own money) almost 20 years ago. I don't regret it though, it's a nice feat to display. People light up when you start playing Linus & Lucy for them.

Ailia

Nov 11, 2010
Picked up the flute because my mom didn't want anything "that sounded unpleasant until I was good at it". It's been almost... 8 years now? I play at the highest Royal Conservatory Levels and play for fun with my university's band, but don't plan on going anywhere with it.

Apart from that I can jam on the piano, guitar and recorder pretty well.

BaconPunch

Mar 24, 2011
I play keyboard, and although I only have Jazz grade 1 I can play grade 6 pieces. It's weird that the second I can learn and play whatever song I want instead of being told what to play I just completely stop playing it.
Also, during my study leave I'm hoping to take up flute or violin. According to my mother (who has grade 8 piano) everything else is pretty easy after the piano.

Alex Cowan

Feb 13, 2010
Sax is probably the instrument that I'm best at (judging by my profile pic, anyway...) but I also play piano (with a bit of organ) and guitar. Plus I'm getting a bass soon, I can kind of play already but it will be nice to have one of my own.

I do too much music...