Your Opinion on Humanity.

FernandoV

Dec 12, 2010
I would see that they're a lot like my race because all sentient life forms have stupid shit about them.

xXAsherahXx

Apr 8, 2010
I think if humans were still around once an alien civilization showed up, the outcome would be a bit explosive unless it can be established early on that they aren't a threat.

If they are, well, we die haha.

Also, it's kinda weird that you guys are assuming that any intelligent life forms would be very much like us. We have no comparison so I don't see where you are pulling this from.

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
I would probably have a curious yet somber feeling and would like to study the said extinct species/ global civilization.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I've never quite got why it's so popular for masses of humans to think humans should be better than they are.

If people really think that, why aren't they choosing to be better? If all the people saying how bad humanity is actually tried not being what they called bad, the problem would be much less.

000Ronald

Mar 7, 2008
xXAsherahXx said:
Say your an alien on a spaceship that has reached earth about 50 years after humanity's extinction. All of its records and video collections and architecture etc. are still around.

Basically, after taking in everything and getting to know how humans walked, talked and acted, what do you think?

Personally, I would be glad to have arrived after humanity's extinction.
Ah, ha, ha, ah, ha, ha...

...wait, you're serious? Tell y' what. Go watch A.I., then get back to me.

TonyVonTonyus

Dec 4, 2010
Alien 1: Alright, we've landed on earth. No intelligent life forms, what can we learn.
Alien 2:I found this historical footage from the people who lived here
Alien 1: *nods head*...Make sure there aren't any left.

xXAsherahXx

Apr 8, 2010
000Ronald said:
xXAsherahXx said:
Say your an alien on a spaceship that has reached earth about 50 years after humanity's extinction. All of its records and video collections and architecture etc. are still around.

Basically, after taking in everything and getting to know how humans walked, talked and acted, what do you think?

Personally, I would be glad to have arrived after humanity's extinction.
Ah, ha, ha, ah, ha, ha...

...wait, you're serious? Tell y' what. Go watch A.I., then get back to me.
What? I'm not sure what you're telling me.

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
I'd wonder why they aren't around here. As a race we are stupidly good at surviving. Anything that would destroy us as a species would almost certainly not have left as much as you said in your post intact. The second thing I'd think is if they aren't here is where are they, did they all leave? then I'd likely get creeped out and be on the look out for other starships.

Aurora Firestorm

May 1, 2008
1. They're very short-term thinkers. Brilliant ones, but still short-term. They come up with amazing inventions and technology and cultures and then don't have any idea how they're going to get along with each other and the earth itself.

2. They're often fairly selfish. They spend their lives chasing money and material goods, with the exception of a minority. They put a lot of value on what others think of them, and they go to great, sometimes ludicrous lengths to meet arbitrary cultural standards for things like beauty and masculinity.

3. They're very ambitious. This leads both to great successes and great failures, such as all our technology, and all our wars.

4. They're probably a lot like we (the aliens) are. I mean, every race will have conflicts of some kind, and every race will want material goods in some quantity, and there will be evil people anywhere.

I guess I'm not thoroughly disillusioned like lots of people here are. Does everyone really think that the world would be better if humans just all died out instantly, right now? Do _you_ want to die, right now? Seriously guys.

Mar 28, 2011
I would mourn the loss of a sapient species and the loss of the potential greatness that humanity could eventually become if only they got over their childish neurosis

Captcha; bon voyage

Bocaj2000

Sep 10, 2008
Aurora Firestorm said:
1. They're very short-term thinkers. Brilliant ones, but still short-term. They come up with amazing inventions and technology and cultures and then don't have any idea how they're going to get along with each other and the earth itself.

2. They're often fairly selfish. They spend their lives chasing money and material goods, with the exception of a minority. They put a lot of value on what others think of them, and they go to great, sometimes ludicrous lengths to meet arbitrary cultural standards for things like beauty and masculinity.

3. They're very ambitious. This leads both to great successes and great failures, such as all our technology, and all our wars.

4. They're probably a lot like we (the aliens) are. I mean, every race will have conflicts of some kind, and every race will want material goods in some quantity, and there will be evil people anywhere.

I guess I'm not thoroughly disillusioned like lots of people here are. Does everyone really think that the world would be better if humans just all died out instantly, right now? Do _you_ want to die, right now? Seriously guys.
/thread

I have no idea how to respond to this. Very true and well written.

ScarlettRage

May 13, 2009
whiteblood said:
Obnoxious little fuckers. Let's use our super-science to bring a few of them back for our amusement.
Thinking along the same lines... lol i would do this probably :p

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
I'm pretty sure that's something along the lines of the premice of the film 'The Age of Stupid' minus the aliens.

OT: Humanity, I am dissapoint.

ScrubberDucky

Feb 17, 2011
That depends on a lot of variables. Obviously, since these are aliens, we wouldn't be the only intelligent lifeform, but it depends on how many other intelligent, sentient creatures they've found/contacted. When compared, I doubt we'd ever be looked on nicely, but assuming we were the only other sentient species up until that point, I think we'd be viewed more gracefully. If not slightly down upon.. we are extinct, after all.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
whiteblood said:
Obnoxious little fuckers. Let's use our super-science to bring a few of them back for our amusement.
Oh "Anthrocene Park"? Could be the basis of a good space movie, and two fairly unimpressive space sequels.