Your Personal Ear Worm

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
The second video you posted either makes me feel like in church or Castlevania. I consider it a song. For me I am not picky when it comes to most songs. A wonderful piece like this may have a fancy name or style labeled, but is still a song like this. Concert and symphonic band in school gave me a higher appreciation for classical or symphonic music, though it's not something I listen to the most. More of a jazz and all variety person when it comes to most music.

I suppose I'm similar except my label of choice is simply 'piece (of music)'. In fairness, what I enjoy and listen to runs quite a gamut (Really Slow Motions/Two Steps From Hell to previously mentioned Bach (unashamedly enjoy his stuff over most of his near and not so near contemporaries) to JPop stuff (got a bunch of Maaya Sakamoto anime OP's in mind) to Caravan Palace (however you categorise them)).

That said, been a while since I listened to jazz in a bit way. I used to think that I could only really stand big band stuff, but your linked track and that mood of sax music in general is nice to chill to, NGL.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Ooh I love them. Another good trailer music group, is Ninja Tracks. They've made some really awesome pieces.
In fairness, I'm 'mainstream' so prefer Thomas Bergersen by quite a large margin. -.-

Heard a bit from Ninja Tracks, and it's pretty good stuff, though my main gripe is that a lot of their pieces are sub-2 mins, so the replay button gets a bit worn out too quickly(!)

Reactions: happyninja42

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
In fairness, I'm 'mainstream' so prefer Thomas Bergersen by quite a large margin. -.-

Heard a bit from Ninja Tracks, and it's pretty good stuff, though my main gripe is that a lot of their pieces are sub-2 mins, so the replay button gets a bit worn out too quickly(!)

This is probably my favorite song by them, and it's 4 minutes!! So only half the repeat clicks wearing out your replay button!

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
That said, been a while since I listened to jazz in a bit way. I used to think that I could only really stand big band stuff, but your linked track and that mood of sax music in general is nice to chill to, NGL.
Glad you enjoyed the song. The first time I heard Tidal Wave was on XM Radio, Channel 66, Watercolors. The song is only a year old too.

Aegix Drakan

♪ Megalovania is a genre ♪
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Canada
Country
Canada
At the current moment, the intro to Maximilan Dood's videos.

It's only 20 seconds long, and I rarely watch his videos...Yet it's so goddamn energetic and hype that anytime I see something by him, it's stuck in my head for an entire week.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

It's only 20 seconds long, and I rarely watch his videos...Yet it's so goddamn energetic and hype that anytime I see something by him, it's stuck in my head for an entire week.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave

This is probably my favorite song by them, and it's 4 minutes!! So only half the repeat clicks wearing out your replay button!
Honestly, not heard that one. Thanks for the heads up, enjoying so far. The whole of Sovereign: Construct sounds pretty good now I'm browsing it.

Going to veer to a slight tangent regarding music upload channels, 'cos I tend to listen to music via the creators' own or company's own channel, just for general support etc. To be fair, I don't know what the re-uploaders get out of it even if they do serve as super cheap marketing for the music for the most part (channels like EWM, HDSoundi, Cronus etc.) (permission to promote based on full credits & non-monetisation/monetisation with license fee?). All I know is that the comments sections, more often than not, contain an unfortunately high proportion of fawning idiots. -_-

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011

That intro's hype as hecc! How's his content?

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia

As of the past three weeks, this. One of Savage Garden’s less well known pieces but the chorus is such a rhyming bugger it gets in my noggin on repeat.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

Aegix Drakan

♪ Megalovania is a genre ♪
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Canada
Country
Canada
That intro's hype as hecc! How's his content?
Honestly, I'm not super the guy to ask, as I only ever tune into his stuff when he uploads a Thoughts / "Real Talk" video, since I'm not super into fighting games.

Those "Real talk" videos tend to be REALLY fun, though. The guy acts like a total goofball (and I love it), but hot damn does he really GET fighting games, on a level that a scub like me can't fully understand...But he talks about them in a way that even a scrub like me totally gets what he's talking about.

Like, here's the latest one I watched, which made me go "huuuhhhh...Dude, he's totally right about this. In fact, this applies to basically every single genre of video game. This is good food for thought!"

Reactions: BrawlMan

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Currently it has been this

Definitely buying the ost tracks once it come out!