Your Personal Game of the Year

Pjotr84

Oct 22, 2009
The Witcher 2 for me, no question. Although the graphics demands are rather stellar, the story/dialogue casts its shadow over any recent RPG.

Jan 27, 2011
So far?

Deus Ex human Revolution.

DEUS. !@#$ING. EX. HUMAN. REVOLUTION.

It was THE best game I have played in a LONG freakin time.

Togs said:
Bastion, though to be honest Ive bought very few games this year- there havent been very many that appeal to me and the ones that have been mediocre, save for Bastion.
I can relate. Bastion was amazing too.

AyreonMaiden

Sep 24, 2010
Catherine. Unquestionably Catherine.

I knew Deus Ex: HR would be good, I know Zelda and Skyrim will be great, I knew Portal 2 would be a sensation, but I had no clue I'd fall in love with Catherine so helplessly. I love the way the story propelled me to engage with its thematically appropriate gameplay, it had the best localization of any game I've ever played, it explored its theme front to back, its characters felt so real...and it was refreshingly tough in the right ways!

I haven't played a game with the tungsten balls that Catherine had since Killer7. I'm so glad it paid off for Atlus; their best selling game was a psychosexual block puzzler that deconstructs "love." It was a happy occurrence for those who wanted something bold and new, it's my game of this year, and it is on my top 10 of all time.

everythingbeeps

Sep 30, 2011
I can't remember everything that came out this year, but I guess so far it'd have to be Portal 2.

Though honest, if Skyrim and Saints Row 3 don't finish 1 and 2 at the end of the year, I'll be colossally disappointed. SR2 is one of my all time faves, so all SR3 has to do is not take a step back. All Skyrim has to do is function. If it's a buggy unplayable mess like New Vegas, then it won't be my GOTY.

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
So far, it's Rage. Mortal Kombat 9 is good, but I can only fight so many times. Gears of War 3 was great, but the story was lacking (as always) and I'm just having a lot more fun playing Rage.

I have one more game to buy this year, and it's Skyrim. That might be tie with Rage.