your personal philosophy?

Rnr1224

Mar 21, 2011
do any of my fellow escapists have a personal philosophy or mantra that they stick to? mine would probably be "do what you wanna do, be who you wanna be."

what would yours be?

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
Mine would be "don't follow a personal philosophy because it restricts your thinking". Oh, wait...

Mcupobob

Jun 29, 2009
Boats and hoes.

OT: Life is a *****, they kind that stabs you for forgetting the milk. Just keep taking each hit and punishment you get with stride, cause the sex is always great.

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
The difference between me and every other asshole is that I know I am one.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
"Living according to a single sentence cannot end well."

Life is complicated, why should it be solved by one simple statement? I like to keep all my options open.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
BonsaiK said:
Mine would be "don't follow a personal philosophy because it restricts your thinking". Oh, wait...
T'would appear I've been ninja'd. Also nom'd post >.<

LongAndShort

I'm pretty good. Yourself?
May 11, 2009
Well, I guess I've got a few maxims that generally describe my thinking. The one I say the most is something like "A day that's not bad is better than a day that's not good."

Second most common one would probably be "fuck it."

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Worryings not going to solve things. Plan we can, adjust when you must, and just trust in yourself and faith and you'll sail through the dark.

Ties into my motto "Put your trust in me and faith, and I will never fail."

Maeta

Jun 8, 2011
So long as you can justify your actions, then they're the right things to do

MoNKeyYy

Evidence or GTFO
Jun 29, 2010
"What seems to one man as being clear as day seems as utter insanity to the next."

No one will ever totally agree with you, and yours is never the only perspective. Learn to respect the views of others, because only through keeping an open mind can you foster peace among man kind and better yourself as an individual.

Esotera

May 5, 2011
Never drink as much as you did last night.

OT: probably something along the lines of the Hippocratic Oath, but more open to hedonistic interpretation.

Dr Snakeman

Apr 2, 2010
Pssshhh... Hell no. I've got, like, the Jeet Kune Do of personal philosophies: the style of no style.

Well, okay, that's not entirely true. I've been resolving internal conflicts and other decisions by saying, "Why the hell not?" with great frequency these days. Does that count?

Dr Snakeman

Apr 2, 2010
Esotera said:
OT: probably something along the lines of the Hippocratic Oath, but more open to hedonistic interpretation.

That... actually sounds completely terrifying. And also awesome. But still pretty terrifying.

How does that even work? A hedonistic doctor?

Wait... are you the Todd?

dagens24

Mar 20, 2004
Do whatever makes you happy as long as it isn't hurting anyone else; treat others the way you wish to be treated.