Your profession?

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
cheshitescat said:
EmileeElectro said:
I have lots of dream jobs like teaching English in Japan,
Have you looked into the JET program? The requirements are surprisingly low, on the verge of being ridiculously low.
No, but thanks for bringing my attention to that.
My uncle once taught English in Japan and said it was a brilliant experience. I'm one of those people who aren't good enough for anything so I'm keeping my feet on the ground.

EmzOLV

Oct 20, 2010
My profession - I assist with the production and licensing of festivals in the UK.

Dunno what I will do in the future, will see where this leads :)

Jadarendir

Nov 19, 2009
I work at a call center, but I also play music for a living and did so as my sole source of income for almost two years. Hopefully I will soon be a hugely famous rockstar whose name you all know.

Koroviev

Oct 3, 2010
I'm currently a full-time student studying for a degree in computer science, but I'm having some second thoughts about the route I'd like to take. I don't want to waste my time trying to win the grant/scholarship/unskilled labor lottery. I think I've found an alternative, but I need to do the research. What I'm thinking is that if I can become a certified tech in the medical field, I'd make a lot more money and gain much better experience for a career in the field that I would really like to pursue, which is medicine. As I said, there is much research to be done before I can commit to anything, but this looks promising and my family so far approves.

Retal19

Dec 5, 2010
Currently: Student, and I guess Artist if you count drawing commissions for my Friends in order to pay back money I owe them. I also part time for my dad (Who is like a Carpenter/Engineer thing) every so often but he INSISTS that my payment is getting to turn the heating on. (Seriously?)

In the future I want to be either an Engineer (Preferably either on Vehicles, or Firearms [Experimental Firearms would be even better, but unlikely]) or an Architect. But my teachers and the computers at my School insist that I am better suited for the roles of:
Soldier
Air Force Pilot
Combat Engineer
Nuclear Engineer
None of which I want to take because Nuclear Engineering I find a bit too dangerous, and although I admit the life of a Soldier, Pilot or Combat Engineer would be exciting, I would have to fight for England, and in turn, America. England I'm not fighting for because they simply aren't my home country, and I hate America.

Nov 27, 2010
Read my avatar. I am a Ponce Master-General with a quadruple super major degree in Awesome from the Intergalactic University of Awesomesauce.

OT: I'm hoping to make it as a film director and screenwriter. Even if I won't, I'll always do it as a hobby.

SturmDolch

This Title is Ironic
May 17, 2009
I'm a student taking Computing Science because I want to program for games.

I hope that's what I end up doing, but I may have to take a job at a regular old software company before I work my way to making games. It all depends, really, and I wouldn't mind working at a software company.

Crudler

Jun 2, 2008
I'm a student at the moment, when I finish Upper Sixth this year I intend to join the Army as an Officer.

I've always had goals and aspirations but this is the first thing I really want to do.

superbleeder12

agamersperspective.com
Oct 13, 2007
Tier 2 Technician at a Web Hosting company. Its a great gig. I learn a lot, and get paid a decent amount to boot.

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
I've never had a job (in my defense, I'm only just 16) but when I'm older I want to be a games journalist. And an author (though not for an actual job, that would be too unstable).

And before anyone tells me it's hopeless and that I'm just a drop in the ocean, I don't much care. Just putting that there.

farscythe

Dec 8, 2010
qualified panel beater/painter car body work... but work in a kitchen doing dishes n prep... hooray for credit crunch