Your Quirks

Dec 14, 2009
We all have those little things that make us, us, whether it's a certain style of clothing you adhere to, something in your speech, or just those little habits, it's the variety if these things that makes us all unique.

Inquisitive as I am (also see: nosey), I want to know what all you guys have going for you in the quirk department.

I like to sing, like, all the time, and not as a hobby, I get a tune stuck in my head and I can't help but vocalise it. Thankfully my boss, who I sit across from at work has the same kind of habit, so we spent the best part of a week singing (badly on purpose) this little ditty.

[HEADING=1]Rock rock rock you baybeh![/HEADING]

I also like to wear scarves, like, all the time. I have a few summer scarves, but I'm in my element when winter rolls around, 'cos then I get to break out the comfy, fluffy, snuggly scarves :3

[HEADING=1]'COS YOU RIDE ON TIME![/HEADING]

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
I have no idea.

I have a habit of making faces at my friends if we catch each other's eye, like, I curl my lip into a kind of sneer thing. I don't really know why I do it.

I don't know what to post. D:

Edit: Okay, apparently I make a weird whimpering noise when I'm about to lose/die in a game.

Not that I ever lose or anything...

>.>

<..>

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
I sing pretty much all the time. If not singing I hum or just go "dee dee dee dum dum la lala" basically I never shut up.
I talk to myself too. And usually answer myself. I pull my hair out. Constantly rub my nose. Usually have my hands on my hips like a sassy lass.
When I put make-up on, I put things in my mouth, like the handles of brushes or the mascara tube.
I'm usually fiddling with my bra too, mainly the straps or the under wiring. Sometimes it's "dig food out without people noticing" too.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
I sing and dance a lot at work. My work is satanic in their music choices. They pick the catchiest songs they can, that I find almost impossible to not dance or sing to. Cry Me a River and Bye Bye Bye are my worst enemies.

I tend to also zone out quite frequently as well. Just lose myself in thought. I did that while driving today, drove through two lights and I honestly cannot tell you what color they were. No one honked or t-boned me... so I guess green...

Skatologist

Choke On Your Nazi Cookies
Jan 25, 2014
I make up weird walking patterns. Like sometimes I just walk like a soldier, sometimes I strut, sometimes I sway my hips, I just do a whole bunch of things while moving that I guess I just appear quirky. It sometimes looks like I have rhythm or dancing skill when I do this, I actually do not, I just walk weird. :p

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
I am addicted to graphic tees

I put a lot of crap on my walls, I can't stand blank spaces

I like old 80's sci fi paperbacks...I go to the secondhand bookstore and buy them and strategically leave them in places

I own two snapback hats even though I may never wear them in public but I dream of it one day

I like "old" stuff

I have a thing for 80's style synths even though I wasn't even alive in that decade....

-Ezio-

Eats Nuts, Kicks Butts.
Nov 17, 2009
i make up stories in my head quite alot. it gets to the point where people start thinking there's something wrong with me because i've been silently staring at a wall for too long.

i also completely space out if i'm listening to music while walking. i wont walk into people or out into traffic or anything. but i will not notice someone i know even if they are walking right at me. they have to actually tap me on the arm to stop me. i stop seeing people as people and more as obstacles.

-Ezio-

Eats Nuts, Kicks Butts.
Nov 17, 2009
Skatologist said:
I make up weird walking patterns. Like sometimes I just walk like a soldier, sometimes I strut, sometimes I sway my hips, I just do a whole bunch of things while moving that I guess I just appear quirky. It sometimes looks like I have rhythm or dancing skill when I do this, I actually do not, I just walk weird. :p
i'm obligated to link this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV2ViNJFZC8

Skatologist

Choke On Your Nazi Cookies
Jan 25, 2014
-Ezio- said:
Skatologist said:
i'm obligated to link this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV2ViNJFZC8
I'm not quite that bad...but yeah, I'm that bad. XD
Vault101 said:
I am addicted to graphic tees

I put a lot of crap on my walls, I can't stand blank spaces

I like old 80's sci fi paperbacks...I go to the secondhand bookstore and buy them and strategically leave them in places

I own two snapback hats even though I may never wear them in public but I dream of it one day

I like "old" stuff
Wow...I'm not sure of what to say other than I guess I can relate to about all of these. That and, I declare these quirks to be the best quirks in the universe![footnote] Only for the sake of relatability! [/footnote]

Dark Knifer

May 12, 2009
I use sarcasm a lot in speech but my voice is so monotone that a lot of people who aren't familiar with me don't recognize it and I refer to myself as "us" a fair amount.

I also have vivid dreams that I remember in great detail that I often add to when I'm awake for stories.

theevilgenius60

Jun 28, 2011
I make faces at people I know when I see them. I answer y/n questions that the answer's yes with a no so often, people just take that as my version of yes. I sing without knowing I'm doing it. One my weirdest ones is that I try to phrase whatever I'm saying in the strangest combination of words available for what I'm trying to get across. Most people think I'm trying to be funny, but it's really just me testing my vocabulary. I've got lots more, but those were the only ones I could think of that were something someone would notice the first day meeting me

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
My voice changes pitch and tones when I get really passionate during conversation. I'm cartoony as shit basically. What humor I can't emulate, I make up for it by getting all squeezy or just straight up sound wacky when I talk.
And to continue with the voice thing... I talk faster and louder in addition to everything else I stated.

I also love styling people's hair, drawing hair, thinking about how cool people look with what hairstyle I imagine them with, just a huge affinity for changing other people's hair instead of my own for some odd reason...
HAIR, HAIR HAIR, HAIR HAIR.

Why I have friends, i'll never know.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
If I see a little bowl of toothpicks at a restaurant I will take one and chew on it.

I also bite the inside of my mouth.

I have no idea why I do it or when I started doing it.

I swear I don't bite! D:

FuzzyRaccoon

Sep 4, 2010
I make sounds, randomly. And I also say whatever words I like, like recently I've been saying "Alrightyroo". I also say like, "brochacho" and "diggity darnit" with sincerity. Uhhh... it's not that cool though, I mean I'm weird enough that I really put people off most of the time.

jklinders

Sep 21, 2010
I often talk to myself step by step through simple routine tasks. people who work around me have gotten used to me just mumbling silliness to myself in that way. It seems to be more predominant when I am tired (which given my sleep patterns is most of the time).

I will sometimes rewrite snatches of songs on the fly in ways that seem humorous only to me. Worse yet i sing them too.

If someone I'm working with is having a shitty day or is otherwise cranky I will joke around with (pester the fuck out) of them until I get them to crack a smile. I usually leave them alone after that.

I'm not really a clown or anything but I can't stand being around gloomy people even if I'm often gloomy myself.

Spider RedNight

There are holes in my brain
Oct 8, 2011
I like to REALLY express myself with my eyebrows; I love my eyebrows so I like conveying messages through their movements.

Then there's the usual like maintaining conversations with myself, CONSTANTLY quoting movies/tv shows/video games/etc. and my friends can USUALLY tell what I'm currently "into" at the time because I have a habit of emulating characters from the media that I feel I can relate to.

Also I love vests with pockets. Like... not fishing vests or fashionable suit vests. Just vests. Preferably with pockets in the front; it's like wearing a jacket only without sleeves! :D

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Apparently I'm an intense person, so much so that people mistake the intensity for anger. I'm genuinely a calm person, anger does nothing for me so I tend to expunge it as soon as is possible but I still get asked if I'm mad about something.
*shrug*
I guess thats a personality quirk. It also serves as a damn good poker face but I don't play for money anymore. Too many fights because I tend to win more often than not.

I do like to make people laugh, but sometimes my jokes go over folks' heads because of the aforementioned intensity. People can't tell if I'm joking or not sometimes so I have to force a smile when making said jokes... which sometimes makes it unnerving because fake smiles can creep folks out.

*shrug* I'm sure I've got a lot of quirky things but since its too close to home for me to see properly (introspection is tough sometimes).

Johnnie Walker

Sep 19, 2014
I'm sardonic with serious expressions and tones.

Too intuitive with people's emotions than I'm actually comfortable with.

I don't have a sweet tooth.

I constantly observe my surroundings, even more so when I'm in a public place.

Tend to chew on my lower lip a lot.

Very very profane.

Patrick Buck

Nov 14, 2011
I twitch when I'm tired. Like, not a subtle twitch, a terrifying all body twitch.
Sarcasm, mumbling to myself, (Mainly when I'm annoyed) and a weird habit of kinda doing a full-body twirl instead of just turning to go through a door. I don't know why. But it looks GOOD.

Mikeybb

Nunc est Durandum
Aug 19, 2014
Cracking my fingers, wrists, knees and ankles.

Oh, and tapping my foot.

Have difficulty resisting a good or bad punchline.