Your Rarest Game

BlueMartian

Mar 22, 2009
What is the most rare and scarce game you own/have played?
For me its Manhunt 2, not really a big deal but it is banned here in Australia

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
Um... I played the first Wild Arms, but I don't know how rare that is.
I've yet to find another copy, so I'd say it's fairly rare.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demon%27s_Crest

This game only released something like 50,000 (or so) copies worldwide on launch and never released more.

It played kind of like a cross between a side scroller beatumup and megaman.

Gitsnik

May 13, 2008
BlueMartian said:
What is the most rare and scarce game you own/have played?
For me its Manhunt 2, not really a big deal but it is banned here in Australia
Oh crap is it?! *pushes copy under table*

I have a working condition arcade unit of Mario Bros in a lock up. I'm going to sit on it for a few more years and see if it becomes worth something. Also a pristine copy of the original donkey kong for Game Boy (though I doubt that is rare).

Talendra

Hail, Ilpalazzo!
Jan 26, 2009
American Mcgees Alice, it was so hard to get a hold of, but so worth it.

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
Freedom fighters?? I have never seen a copy of that in a shop and only came across mine by accident

MrMisfit

Apr 8, 2008
Currently, my rarest game is probably Gitaroo-Man. But, I preordered SMT: Devil Summoner 2 which is going to be released in limited quantities.

The Giggling Pin

Jan 7, 2009
I have a copy of Snatcher on the Mega CD which cost me a fair few pennies. The annoying thing is it cost me £5 when i purchased second hand about 10 years ago (i loved it etc), i then decided to loose it and then 18 months or so ago i wanted to repurchase this classic title. £78 it cost me! I know i paid a wee bit too much but it was in perfect condition with the manual. God i love snatcher....

Hyper-space

Nov 25, 2008
Secret of Evermore on the SNES, Carmageddon and Clay Fighter and Dr. Mario and G.A.S.P on N64

also some transformer-ish game on N64

tucci

Jul 9, 2008
I have a copy of mister mosquito. I'm guessing its rare because it really sucks
I also had one of the original harvest moons for the ps2. But then i traded it in

Sir Ollie

The Emperor's Finest
Jan 14, 2009
Suikoden 1&2 easy to find on Ebay but bloody expensive

Ermm all my retro consoles and games such as Secret of Mana in perfect condition

ZeeClone

Jan 14, 2009
Thrill Kill for the PS1 (played) and Camel for the PC.

It's a Sopwith Camel side scrolling flight sim done in glorious pink & turquoise. It is also awesome. (see http://savvygeek.com/2007/05/25/the-best-games-of-yester-year for details)

Phase_9

Oct 18, 2008
I have Street Fighter I and II for the Genesis, and Advent Rising for the Xbox, which used to not be so rare, but now I can't find it anywhere, and I am not willing to lend my copy out.

Princeps senatus

Feb 12, 2009
A box copy of Monkey Island 2, includes the plastic wheel thing (supposed to protect against piracy). I got it from some stuff which a relative was going to throw out.

I never played the thing, (it uses Floppy disk and there isn't a floppy drive on my PC). But it looks nice in my collection (the box is in great condition).

Symp4thy

Jan 7, 2009
FFI on NES mint condition with the box and all the inserts, Secret of Mana on SNES, and FFVII for PS1 - there is some sort of misprint on the back of the case that supposedly makes it rare. Not sure if that's true though.
I used to have Diablo for PS1, which the guy at GameStop told me is rare. I'm inclined to believe him because it was a $50 trade-in value.

skorpion352

Apr 6, 2008
mine would have to be one of the playstaion games i have (the orginal playstation). some of which are somewehre in my room. i have the orginal tony hawks pro skater game, the first gran turismo, a game called medevil amd i think i still have ridge racer 4 somewhere around here