Your Recent Gaming Achievements

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
In this thread I want you to tell us about something you managed to do in a game recently that you felt proud of.

For me that would be the match I had yesterday on World of Tanks while using the FT AC tank destroyer where I took on all three of the enemy team's artillery head on while at low health and won the match with seven kills.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
I was just playing a match of Company of Heroes 2 against the AI. There were four of us playing as the Oberkommando West against four Ostheer armies. One of those douchebags kept firing propaganda leaflet artillery that forced all my dudes to retreat, so I started building tanks to roll over them instead. There was little strategy involved, but we eventually managed to force them to fire artillery at one spot, feint and flank them around the edges of the map while the tanks rolled up the middle.

Dramatization for your viewing pleasure:

Yeah, it was actually kind of a directionless piss-up all around, but it sure was fun.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Being a sub-mediocre player of fighting games, I'm impressed by the fact that I could beat Smash 3DS' All-Star mode on Hard. Classic mode on 9.0 was too much for me though...stupid Master Swarm...Master Core...Whomever. I also didn't realize how close I was to getting all of the trophies in it; 661 out of what, 680-something on the 3DS?

That's about it for right now. The last game I beat was Skyward Sword and that was back in early October. Technically I beat Hyrule Warriors but that was just Legend Mode (about a third of the way through the Adventure Map though). Just started playing Sonic Lost World and Uncharted (Drake's Fortune) on Friday but that's the thing; I just started those. Give me a couple of weeks, I'll have more recent achievements.

---

update: I beat Uncharted and, made it through Frozen Factory in Sonic Lost Worlds. FF Zone 2 was a pain in the ass but nobody warned me about the zombies in Uncharted...It was unexpected and I absolutely hated those sections of the game but luckily they don't come around until the end and they don't stick around for very long.

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
I've been dragon hunting in Inquisition lately, I've slain four of the beasts now. They're actually a decent challenge even for my high level party, and the battles are suitably epic.

In Final Fantasy XIV I cleared Stone Vigil for the first time, that was fun. Soon I'll reach max level in my first class as well.

Skatologist

Choke On Your Nazi Cookies
Jan 25, 2014
Completed Gunpoint's final mission with an A+ rank, it took a few days, but I finally got it.

DOOM GUY

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone
Jul 3, 2010
I played through all of Postal 3... that's gotta count for something, right?

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
Killed a few dragons in Inquisition... and more faffing around in that game.

I've also won 24 heures du Mans about 5 times already in Grid,(Pro Mode, Serious) which is cool(though the race is still incredibly tense and unforgiving).

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
Well.. I finally managed to actually finish a game I started, so I suppose that's something.

I also finished Mega Man II, which was pretty cool.

CarlsonAndPeeters

Mar 18, 2009
I beat LIMBO in 5 deaths recently. Got to the final hazard with four deaths, failed once, and then just scraped by to get the achievement. Most stressful run of a game ever.

It actually wasn't as hard as I thought it'd be (probably took about 5-6 tries total), but it was a good challenge and a good way to re-experience one of my favorite games.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
50,000 gamerscore, boyo.

Also I'm now in the middle of moving from the 360 to PC.

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
Bayonetta 2, beat the game on non stop infinite climax.

Finally being able to breath is a pretty worth while achievement.

JohnnyDelRay

Jul 29, 2010
Grid Autosport: Finished an Open Wheel category race on the final Legendary Series....on Very Hard, with a +5 sec lead on the next car.

Not sure how I did it, but I've complained previously about the difficulty curve of this game being all over the damn place. Some tracks/categories are just ridiculously unbalanced and took me a lot longer to get a hang of. Maybe it's just me, but there have been some times putting it even on Easy difficulty just allowed me to scrape by until I learned the ropes and finer points of it's physics.

Johnny Impact

Aug 6, 2008
I just completed a life size Roman temple in Minecraft. Biggest thing I ever built. Didn't count the bricks but I'd say it was 100 stacks or more. Laid every brick myself, survival mode, no tricks. Quite happy with how it turned out. I'd post a screenshot but the structure is still covered with "scaffolding" I have yet to remove.

In the next few days I'll complete Path of Exile on Merciless.

MHR

Apr 3, 2010
Got 45 kills in one life as demoman in TF2 last week. Wait... I'm not proud of that, I was playing sticky demoman. Survived 20 minutes though.

bluemistake2

Sep 25, 2008
Over the past 52 hours I've spend approximately 46 of it gaming, not my proudest achievement I might add, but I'm on uni holidays, the missus is away and I haven't had a shift in a while.

I spend the other 6 hours sleeping haha

Death_Cometh

Jul 24, 2014
Although not super recent I finally got the Platinum trophy on Dark Souls

Also had my best Dota 2 match recently going 25-0-24 as Spirit Breaker (My favorite hero)

cleric of the order

Sep 13, 2010
Running through a gauntlet of fire in world 3-3 of nuclear throne as steroids with only a crossbow.
Reaching the throne.
Playing twitch, almost two penta kills in one game (man the people i was playing against had to have really sucked because i suck)

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
Johnny Impact said:
I just completed a life size Roman temple in Minecraft. Biggest thing I ever built. Didn't count the bricks but I'd say it was 100 stacks or more. Laid every brick myself, survival mode, no tricks. Quite happy with how it turned out. I'd post a screenshot but the structure is still covered with "scaffolding" I have yet to remove.

In the next few days I'll complete Path of Exile on Merciless.
I'd quite like to see those screeshots, if you can be bothered to post them.
Sounds interesting.