Your stupid gaming habits that get you killed...

Ravenseeker

Jan 11, 2009
counting bullets, sounds like a good thing but i've grown up on medal of honor so you had to count your shoots. In games like Killzone 2, it's a better idea just to empty an entire clip into someone than shoot them in the head.

Also, whenever i get hit in multiplayer i always hit crouch. Which basically goes like this: guy shoots me, i crouch, guy hits my head instead of body, i die, cursing follows

Sparcrypt

Oct 17, 2007
Ricky_the_Best said:
Insanum said:
Killing someone, Reloading by instinct even though his friend is stood in front of me with a shotgun & a grudge.
Couldn't have put it better myself
Well I could, by spelling things correctly.. but other then that, same here!

gamer88

Jun 3, 2009
reloading every time i shoot more than 1 bullet, oh and sprinting around corners

MattyDienhoff

Jan 3, 2008
In STALKER, this bad habit has got me into more than a few tight spots:

Immediately after an engagement, I rush to loot the bodies without making sure the area is totally clear first. More than once an enemy has come out of the woodwork and caught me off guard.

I just can't help it, as soon as all visible enemies hit the ground, I'm like "must...steal...goodies 8D"

Straitjacketeering

Jan 3, 2009
I get too twitchy and sometimes i'll round a corner and it could be a team member but i'll end up shooting because unless the persons in my feild of view for a good moment i'm basically, HOLYSHITPERSONSHOOT.

RAMBO22

Jul 7, 2009
I would say these are my two most stupid gaming habits that get me killed:

1. Standing in the same spot for 10 seconds as a sniper
2. Trying to get a revenge kill which only gets me killed by the same person, again, then usually a third time, and then I finally learn my lesson only to do it one more time in that particular game.

ph47

Jun 19, 2009
Would you believe, reloading is my bad habit.

I reload to often. I'll kill a player, then instantly reload by habit and always there is a player that will come around the corner to get me and I can't do a thing

Pacman_69_42

Jun 13, 2009
forgetting where i threw the grenade :( ..... that and not remembering that theirs a minimap and people know where i am

Kiereek

Nov 18, 2008
i always get the need to click the control sticks in certain directions, just to hear the sound. or i need to pull the trigger for some reason, so i try to do it just enough to make it sound when it snaps back, but not to fire. this has caused many deaths

teh_saminator

Dec 11, 2008
I find one of the biggest problems I have in TF2 is being too stubborn to switch classes, even if the situation requires it, I dunno why I always do that. Another problem I have is ALWAYS lancer rushing gears of war 2. God I love that lancer...

bmar

Jul 20, 2009
Stopping to switch weapons. I don't do it often but when I do i get killed.....

Aedrial

Jun 24, 2009
Clinging to shotguns and I'm an OCD reloader. EVEN if there is a dozen enemies around, I will reload after half the cartridge is down.

Blackdoom

Sep 11, 2008
I have a problem where I need to see what happens when I use an explosive weapon, usually that ends up with my being turned into several bite sized pieces.

Especially in Garry's Mod except I usually check if something is explosive by using the wrench.

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
i dont reload after ever kill i only reload when a guy from the other team is out of view then during the sequence he pops up and kills me not intentionally of course

ItsMelvin85

Feb 29, 2008
Not throwing in fighting games. Local matches at my place have had a rule of No throws, personally we think that spamming them is a cheap as hell way to win. Now that fighting games have entered the online realm I almost never even think of or expect a throw. Gets me every time.

Akai Shizuku

Jul 24, 2009
Insanum said:
Killing someone, Reloading by instinct even though his friend is stood in front of me with a shotgun & a grudge.
This.

Also,

KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!

Pff, I wish. Even when I'm getting owned I end up saving all the big stuff because I'm a tosser.

CheeseSandwichCake

May 23, 2009
Insanum said:
I'm like that only I don't reload until the shooting has stopped completely.

Whenever I get cheesed in an FPS I always switch to whatever they did and start trying to revenge them, even if I'm bad at what they're doing.