Your stupid gaming habits that get you killed...

Bigsmith

Mar 16, 2009
I keep forgetting to relode when its most crucial. Meaning i reload during fight and get killed.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Always aiming for the head in Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction

Even when there are like 20 of them fuckers.

Goldbling

Nov 21, 2008
Booze Zombie said:
Goldbling said:
It's the funniest thing to me to run up and stab someone with what is essentially a scrap of metal on the end of my weapon that just as easily kill you from a distance.
Indeed, I remember on World At War, I just hid behind a piece of piping with an M1 Garand with everyone's favorite attachment and just slowly creeped up on the last guy plating the bomb and stuck him.

That, to me, was better than shooting him.
It's a nice thrill to have... I'm gonna go stab some people now.

fun-with-a-gun

Jul 30, 2009
I have this obsessive urge to find a dark or otherwise hidden area and snipe without moving for as long as possible (CoD4 hardcore mode)

The reloading issue that almost everybody thinks that only they have.

Oh yes, and I also snipe with the worst possible weapons... (mini uzi on CoD4?)

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
Evilbunny said:
It never crosses my mind to use any sort of special weapons or tools I might have. In halo, there's no point in me picking up the bubble shield, because in the heat of battle I'll never think to use it. In left 4 dead, I'll go almost the whole map without using my pipebomb/molotov unless my teammates remind me. I am getting better, though. I'll remember to use a molotov when a tank comes around and I'll think to throw my pipebomb when a boomer vomits or when I trigger a car alarm, but other than that, I never think to use them.
This is so much like me. I always use the gun that's given to me first (usually the regular machine gun), and I use the other gun only if it's, A) a shotgun B) my main weapon's bullets are depleted or C) when I have really, really rare moments that I think "I should use my other firearms, grenades etc"

Also, I tend to reload immediately after I get a kill. Not absolutely every time, but very often.

ShadowKatt

Mar 19, 2009
My death doesn't come in game, it comes after I die in game and then realize that I haven't save my place in six hours....

Then I have a minur brain anuerism and a part of my childhood goes bye-bye.

BBLIZZARD

Jun 19, 2008
Whenever I start losing by a huge amount in fighting games, I lose my focus and start button-mashing as oppose to executing actual moves. If the other guy actually knows what he's doing, He'll win.

spuddyt

Nov 22, 2008
In TF2, accidentally uncloaking straight after cloaking using the dead ringer.
In RTS games, forgetting that I have idle tanks in my base

CourtingDisaster

May 8, 2009
In an adventure type game, or anything were there is the standard jump across the platforms... I always get irritated and try to jump to a platform that is two away, because it looks close enough. And then I *just* miss and have to reload the whole f'ing sequence of platforms again. Yet still try and save time by doing it again when the next platform stage hits.

Dr Mango

Diabolic Fruit PhD
Jul 2, 2009
Looking at my friends screens when playing split screen in shooters, I always get confused why I'm not moving the way I'm supposed to.

Biek

Mar 5, 2008
-Zen- said:
In shooters, I have a tendency to seek cover and eliminate enemies from a distance, rather than resorting to run-and-gun tactics. This tendency is what made me die so many times in Call of Duty 4. It's also why I don't like the game.
I play COD5 online, so while there may be some difference. I wanted to note that I play the way you do. I usually end up low in the listing at the end of a game but thats because I dont go gung-ho with a sub machine gun. The listing only counts for kills you made in 5, and people on top usually die almost as much as they kill. While my kill-death ratio is 4 to 1 in most cases.

Gardenclaw

Jul 12, 2009
Always running in there to try and take on campers or people who are evidently better at the game than me, leaving me to get utterly thrashed.

SsilverR

Feb 26, 2009
i try to use stealth tactics in EVERY game i play .... yeeeah i won't go into humiliating detail but this has seriously screwed me in the past

i ALWAYS save ammo and use the weakest gun to the point where it's just ridiculous .. i'm taking on legions with a pistol in fear that there might be tougher legions behind them .. there usually aren't and i usually end up beating games with an inventory full of awesome shit with craploads of ammo that i was too scared to use/waste

General Ken8

May 18, 2009
I just can't sit still long enough to snipe, my KD in cod4 is like 0.4 because of this
Also, i like to use suicide grenades in call of duty games, just because it makes me laugh like a little girl