Your Talent

Lucem712

*Chirp*
Jul 14, 2011
Vault101 said:
Lucem712 said:
Basically my life goal has become to be decent at pretty much everything, or at least to try most things. (I really dislike painting, just...too flowly.)
flowley huh? (what is that?)
Comparing it to origami or drawing (in pencil/pen/tablet), there's too much freedom of motion in a paint brush. I feel a lack of control when painting since when I draw or write, I tend to be very tight and close on the nib, so that's just my personal feelings against it. /personal bias

:D

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Lucem712 said:
Comparing it to origami or drawing (in pencil/pen/tablet), there's too much freedom of motion in a paint brush. I feel a lack of control when painting since when I draw or write, I tend to be very tight and close on the nib, so that's just my personal feelings against it. /personal bias

:D
ah yeah...thats definetly another thing....no matter hwo small the brush tip

that said though I have this habbit of naturally drawing things very small (I think I developed it as a kid when making comics) which I find harder to break out of, so yeah painting just doesnt do it for me (I'm much more of a "draw it then colur it in" type person anyway)

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
Revnak said:
She was probably talking about the last sentence too.
Ohh yeah I didn't exactly mean what I said. I still care about people, I just don't have that same drive I had years ago to ruin stuff for them for whatever reason. It was quite weird to be honest. I'd do it and realize what a huge jerk I was being but kept on doing it.

Alexias_Sandar

Nov 8, 2010
I'm a competent hand to hand fighter with a variety of weapons, as well as many tools that can be picked up and used as such (practical in a society where it's uncommon to carry a purpose built weapon on hand), I'm capable at both Judo and wrestling. I'm a decent singer and actor, having performed professionally in both capacities. I'm rather good at giving personal advice and listening to people who are in a bad state and giving them someone to talk to. I'm fairly skilled at free climbing, and enjoy free climbing buildings...in university I climbed all but one building on campus... never quite risked the Towers, though I considered it, there simply weren't enough viable hand and footholds, and a fall would have been crippling or fatal... there's a difference between enjoying something and not considering whether you can pull it off and the cost if you fail. I judged it beyond my skill. I'm considered a fairly good games master in tabletop games, and when I LARPed I reliably got the Best RPer vote each week until we reworded it to specifically exclude me to give other people a chance. I'm told I'm pretty good in bed. I make a damn good steak. :)

jhoroz

Mar 7, 2012
Creative writing. I also draw from time to time, but I wouldn't say I'm talented. I'm into chess, but once again, I'm not really talented, just relatively competent at it. I was decent at maths, and one of my tutors said I had some potential, but I never really applied myself enough for me to continue it into A levels (also lack of interest). I also have a relative encyclopedic knowledge of subject matters that might interest me, such as the area of film, although it's been getting a bit rusty lately since I've been losing motivation. Other than that, there's nothing really exceptional about me.

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
Acting, and coming up with stories. Thing is though I can explain a plot and it will sound good, but if I write a story like a novel or a book or something its atrocious. I can write scenes or descriptions well.

Ganath

Jan 24, 2011
Apparently I'm extremely imaginative and creative. My mind can dwell on creating entire fantasy worlds if I stray too far D: Sadly, I don't tend to get invested much though and I'm shit at drawing. I can draw stick men remotely well though. Nah, if I want to be creative, I write. But again, I hardily ever find the commitment to invest and sharpen my skills.

Maybe I'm weird, but one of my favourite past times is taking a walk somewhere and just thinking about various stories I can create which I then proceed to never write or do anything with. I.. even go as far as fleshing out the various worlds when I daydream, bothering to go as far as explaining shit, as if I was narrating somekind of story to others.

Azeal

Sep 19, 2012
Hmmmmm. Probs my memory (not quite photographic, but I can remember facts like no one else I know) and my ability to read something, then say it backwards. Also reading backwards, upside down, backwards and upside down, and reading really fast.

I would say some video game related stuff, but I don't try hard enough to really get good at anything; although I am pretty boss at action RPG's.

JdaS

Oct 16, 2009
Languages. I speak 5 of them at time of writing. Looking to add a couple more to my repertoire soon, though.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
I'm good at cooking, but it has to be my own recipe or else it turns out terrible. I am also good at DJing.

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
I dislike mediocrity and I am very critical on things, so my opinion when I say something is good is usually what sways people I know into going to see a film/buy album/watch TV series that they would not of watched before and stop them from seeing stuff such as Transformers.

I have been complimented on my bass playing by alot of people and I am essentially playing as a session musician right now for bands outside my own, people I know send me stuff they wrote for bass but cannot play so I record the track for them, it's a good way of promoting my own band as well as getting my name out.

Sorry if this post seems big headed.

Mr. GameBrain

Aug 10, 2009
I'm not really talented at anything sadly... :(

I'm working on improving my drawing a little, and I can write a little, though I really want to be a Game Designer more than anything.

I just wish I had some natural ability. Something to focus on. Sometimes imagination isn't really enough...

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
I can make things out of fuzzy wires (pipe cleaners),

Also I draw.

----------------
Vault101 said:
Lucem712 said:
Basically my life goal has become to be decent at pretty much everything, or at least to try most things. (I really dislike painting, just...too flowly.)
flowley huh? (what is that?)

I used to draw (and I'm trying to get back into it) I always hated painting because...well it was too fidly and hard...and TBH with the amazing technology of photoshop or even lesser programs where I can get the exact kind of colurs I want down to the most minute detail, and other effects (like lighting) that I just dont have the knowelge/talent to do by hand...I'll probably never get into it

oh and its messy..very messy, would rather just boot up the computer rather than deal with set up/clean up
Painting can give you some effects that Photoshop just can't. There's a natural texture to brushwork that would take hours in an art program just to copy.

A lot of computer illustrations make objects that are supposed to be really rough look too smooth.
Of course a good artist can get around these things, but there is no easy button for it.
Personally I can't get that effect without using a tablet, then everything mine as well be be considered a painting.

I also prefer art programs, but there's something to be said in the defense of painting.