Your username

Beautiful Tragedy

Jun 5, 2012
sorta has multiple meanings... firstly it's a song by one of my favorite bands: In This Moment, and it sort of became a nickname my ex-wife had for me as i struggled in the first couple of years of my transition. OH, and it's also the title of my self published graphic novel (volume 2 in the works) :D

Jessta

Feb 8, 2011
beginning of my first name (Jesse) slammed together with the beginning of my last name (taylor) to form a thing that I thought was pretty cool at the time, a jester. I've actually kind of moved around with pen names over the years since I can never really seem to decide on one that really suits me, I've been Zenryoku, Grim debonair, Grimzenknight (Pronounced fast so it sounds like crimson night)

ZycroNeXuS

Apr 30, 2013
GrimTuesday said:
Its the name of a villain in a Garth Nix series I rather liked when I was younger, and it just sounds kind of cool.
Heeey, I've actually read that series not too long ago! (Maybe about a year ago.)

Azurand

Aug 27, 2013
My name popped into my head a few years back when I was thinking of a character for a role-play on a forum. I liked it so I decide to use it when I signed up games for windows but I changed it to Azuerand when I signed up because I liked it more. After that, I changed it back to Azurand because it's a little easier to pronounce. I found out after using this name for about a year that my older sister had once made a character called Azuran, hahaha quite a co-incidence.

Raikas

Sep 4, 2012
"Raikas" is from a series of terrible fantasy novels that I read back in high school - it was the gladiator name of a character whose actual name sounds similar to my real name. So it's a dumb joke reference, basically.

Apl_J

Jun 16, 2011
I like apple juice, pure and simple.

As a completely unintended bonus, I also like Apple Jacks cereal, which someone pointed out is also applicable to my handle

Mersadeon

Jun 8, 2010
Well, Mersadeon because... back in the day of teenagedom, my username was Adeon. That was the name of a car in some weird micro-machines-esque game (don't remember the name), and it was my favourite car in that game. Also, it looks nice and halfway pronounceable. But in the end, I had to realise that it isn't unique and thus is at times already taken, and I personally HATE going with "Adeon[number]".

Mersadion is the name of a general in "The Orks". I kinda liked the guy - he only has a few lines and doesn't appear often, he and his army were sold to the bad guy and so he has to work for her, being blamed for everything that goes wrong. I liked the way he always stayed reasonable. So I combined his name with my former preferred username and got Mersadeon.

It's handy. It is pronounceable, can be abbreviated easily and in two different ways, and people who knew me under my former username still have that vibe of familiarity when they say it.

EDIT: Also, should I ever need a pen name, I would absolutely go for Ratatöskr.

Hammartroll

Mar 10, 2011
in the real time strategy game Age of Mythology a unit you could make was a troll, the troll's upgrade made it change into a hammartroll, which visually gave it a second head, so I guess a hammartroll is a two headed troll. My avatar is the unit's creation button.

I don't really know why I chose this Oo

Demolition_Human

May 11, 2013
I got my username from a video called Demolition Human, which portrays the Demoman from TF2 as a literal badass, that and Demoman is one of my fave classes! :D

Cledos Closed

Sep 20, 2012
cledos = closed; it was kind of like a lame word play that we used to make when we play dota in high school. Because we played it on virtual lan server, sometimes slots must be hold for my friends to connect, which was showed as "closed" (prevent other player to enter) instead of "open"..well, you get the idea.

Caiphus

Social Office Corridor
Mar 31, 2010
When myself and my brother were getting into RIFT, we were looking for names for our avatars. To get a sort of bond going, we wanted to pick names from the same game, preferably that were related in some way.

So we searched around on the internet. I then remembered a raid in WoW that had plenty of possible names!

It was this fight, for those that are interested:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Faction_Champions

We were making Clerics, he chose Baelnor, I chose Caiphus.

And the name stuck.

Ihrgoth

Oct 8, 2012
Ihrgoth (pronounced eargoth) is a name I created after doing a lot of german homework and thought "Hey this sounds cool and began using it as my online alias and as my default name for male characters.

EllieJelly

Aug 12, 2013
T0ad 0f Truth said:
EllieJelly said:
Nooo! Sheldon is... well... Sheldon!

Even I'm not that socially awkward XD
Haha don't feel sad. Sheldon is cool people to me. :p But if you like, I can picture you as toad instead! A Toad of Truth, it is an honorable title.

Omega07

Sep 1, 2010
Omega07 - haven`t really used this combination anywhere besides the escapist really (because it is really generic, if you look at it), but it is because my buddy goes around as Alpha13 (he`s not on escapist, don`t bother looking)

it started because, well, i usually finished what he began and thus "Alpha and Omega - the beginning and the end"... it was a long time ago as well... :D

07 because i like the number 7. also i like the number 11. and the number 413. and 3,14... and a lot of other numbers...

FLSH_BNG

May 27, 2008
FLSH_BNG is my gamer-tag.

My first stint at playing online was with the first counter-strike game and I would have too much fun spamming flash-bang grenades when I didn't feel like being serious.

My friends would just mutter "flash-bang" under their breath whenever that would happen so I adopted it as my tag and it stuck.

I took out the vowels because at the time I was really big into ancient Greece and my research turned up the fact that their first usage of borrowed alphabets didn't include vowels, so I wouldn't either.

As it turns out, this made for a bad pun when a friend of mine saw my name and noticed it was disemvoweled... he still uses that from time to time.