Your worst setting for a game

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
smilely47 said:
WrongSprite said:
TheRedLucario said:
World War setting is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overused.

/thread
Don't be a dick, /thread makes you look like an idiot.

World War 2 happens to be my favourite setting.

My least favourite is anything boring and brown. Fallout 3 comes to mind.

Wow you must be the most boring person ever.
Riiiight. Care to offer any insight? I'm sure it will be well informed and world destroying.

AroLombardi

Apr 16, 2009
WrongSprite said:
TheRedLucario said:
WrongSprite said:

It was a joke. Jesus. 'Least I didn't go "FIRST!".

And World War games I find completely unimaginative and brings nothing insanely fun. If you play one war game, you played them all, just with different graphics.
Play Blitzkrieg. Play Company of Heroes. Play the original Call of Duty. Tell me they're identical.
Frankly sir, I do not want to. Good day!

WrongSprite

Aug 10, 2008
LimaBravo said:
Fantasy.

But honestly the worst setting for a game would be down the back of a couch. Thatd suck.
But what if Narnia was behind the couch? :D

That'd be freaking awesome.

electric_warrior

Oct 5, 2008
worst hypothetical setting would be auschwitz in 1943, worst actual setting has to be JRPG fake futuristic wonderlands where everyone looks female

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
70s Evil Genius theme is WAY underused. You got, what, the Evil Genius game, and the art style from TF2. That's IT!

And WW1. I know it'd be nigh on impossible to make fun, but at least give it a try, people have brought into much worse.

MY WORST THEME? hmmm...WW2 is annoying, because EVERYONE's a hero, and all sergeants are gruff, and noone has any personality above "I'm doin' it fir mah country"

WrongSprite

Aug 10, 2008
TheRedLucario said:
WrongSprite said:
TheRedLucario said:
WrongSprite said:

It was a joke. Jesus. 'Least I didn't go "FIRST!".

And World War games I find completely unimaginative and brings nothing insanely fun. If you play one war game, you played them all, just with different graphics.
Play Blitzkrieg. Play Company of Heroes. Play the original Call of Duty. Tell me they're identical.
Frankly sir, I do not want to. Good day!
Oh wow O.O

That really justifies your first post. At least play the games before rubbishing them...

nimbylive

Apr 15, 2009
Underwater. it is hard to name a game that has been good while being even partially underwater. I do not know how to count Bioshock because although it was underwater it played in a location that still had water on the outside (and I like Bioshock a lot).

AroLombardi

Apr 16, 2009
WrongSprite said:
Oh wow O.O

That really justifies your first post. At least play the games before rubbishing them...
Well, considering I have been awake since 2PM yesterday (It's afternoon now), do not know anyone who owns those game, and nor do I have the money to purchase these games, I would think my response rather just. Now I am quite tired and would like some sleep.

letsnoobtehpwns

Dec 28, 2008
Dark, gray, and depressing. It works for Fallout 3 and maybe a few more games (NOT Killzone 2!!!!!) but it's to generic and sad. Not even real war zones are that dark, look at the fucking Middle East! Please Infinity Ward, release Modern Warfare 2 so I can escape to bright and colorful war zones!

Chrissyluky

Jul 3, 2009
AkJay said:
I don't know why, but i dislike games being set in the south, the whole "bayou" thing does not really appeal to me. I don't know if i can enjoy L4D2, and Point Lookout kind of got on my nerves.
left 4 dead 2 is a stab in the back and im not paying 50 bucks for something that doesnt deserve to be a standalone game. but point lookout my god that thing is FUN its the best dlc out yet(besides the mandatory broken steel).

Iron Mal

Jun 4, 2008
World War II, Middle East or 'it's Sci-Fi but we swear it isn't based off of the conflict in Iraq' and the kingdom that is Medieval England but doesn't want to admit it are all overused settings in my opinion.

I like the good old fashioned dark and gothic sci-fi settings that you used to get back in the 90's (think Unreal Tournament) along with the somewhat over the top epicness of Warhammer 40K (it's not everyone's thing but it has a certain charm to me).

EDIT: The concept of a bunch of indy rebels fighting for freedom against an evil reigime has also worn a little thin as well, I personally think that the best game to do the whole 'revolution' feel justice was Red Faction (the atmosphere alone made you feel oppressed).

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
Any fantasy world like zelda or final fantasy. They're just not immersive enough. a fantasy world like fable however, would probably be my ideal locale.

Laura.

May 30, 2009
FoOd77 said:
I really can't stand the setting in most Final Fantasy games, or JRPG's in general, if it's not some cutesy land full of happy furry animals and rainbows, it's an absurd mashup of sci-fi, steampunk, fantasy, and all kinds of stupid stuff.
hahahaha, my thoughts exactly.
Also: WWII, but only because it is overused, if developers were to let the setting catch its breath I would welcome it with open arms in a year or two.

BillV1987

Jul 3, 2009
I'm getting really sick of lush jungles like in FarCry and Crysis. It was unique for those two games, but that's about it.

MurderousToaster

Aug 9, 2008
BillV1987 said:
I'm getting really sick of lush jungles like in FarCry and Crysis. It was unique for those two games, but that's about it.
I'm on your wavelength, here. I've spent around 20 hours on FC2's first section and I got bored. Got to the second part, though, and it all changed. The second section is brilliant.