You're biggest self-imposed pu..accomplishment.

Kursura

Apr 8, 2010
Mine would be beating every colossi in shadow of the colossus in hard time attack mode. The 3 one was the hardest as you only had 5min. I did this about 4 years ago. After playing the hd rerelease, I honestly don?t know how I managed it.

ZehMadScientist

Oct 29, 2010
bobmus said:
I tend to game in easy mode quite a lot, but way back when the Vidmaster Achievements for Halo 3 got announced, my friends and I did the specific difficult version of the last level, where you turned Legendary on, plus some weird skulls, then finished it all in ghosts.
Man, I remember that. The hard part was that the 'Iron' skull had to be active, meaning that you'd revert to the last checkpoint whenever ANYONE would die. That was some frustrating shit. That was so much trail and error that if I were to play it right now I'd probably still know what Flood bastard would pop up from what corner.

OT: I started a Nuzlocke run in Pokemon Emerald that I never finished because my save file got corrupted. And I won a splitscreen multiplayer match with my friends in Call of Duty where I didn't sprint and no ADS.

I might start a new game of Pokemon Conquest with some restrictions. Suggestions are welcome :D

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
I soloed a gold run in Mass Effect 3's multiplier just to see if I could. That's all I can think of right now.
Sixcess said:
Took a warrior to level 63 under the Ironman Challenge rules in WoW (no spec, no talents, no green, blue or purple gear, no teaming, no profs except first aid, no potions, and no deaths.)

I'm pretty pleased with that, particularly since last time I checked the number of people who've taken that class higher than that could be counted on two hands, with fingers left over. No one has yet made it to 85 on a warrior.

And the thought of taking another run at it once MoP launches is literally the only thing that might lure me back to WoW. I don't like what 'regular' WoW has become at all, but that time, and especially the eight hours or so I spent questing in Outland before I was finally killed, was one of the very best gaming experiences I've ever had.
When I quit there where whole guilds devoted to getting to 85 without killing anything. They did it too, there was a lot of them.

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
Eddie the head said:
When I quit there where whole guilds devoted to getting to 85 without killing anything. They did it too, there was a lot of them.
That's a different kind of challenge - and very reliant on xp from levelling professions, I imagine. Safer too, though it doesn't strike me as particularly exciting.

HerbertTheHamster

Apr 6, 2009
Beat every level of Devil May Cry 3 on Dante must die with SS score.

After so much time playing it I can pretty much instant guard in my sleep now

Kursura

Apr 8, 2010
Just remembered another one, in pokemon silver I managed to 100% my pokedex.

Charli said:
... my brother who is 8 years old has one that I could barely believe. But he did it.
He finished Super Meat Boy. All of it.
...On. A. Keyboard. :|

I'm so proud of the little monkey.
Good lord that?s astonishing, I can?t even beat world 3 (also using a keyboard).

Angry_squirrel

Mar 26, 2011
Completed Metal Gear Solid 2 on European Extreme
Completed all Devil May Cry games on Dante must die
Got level 50 in ranked Halo 3

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
Sorry, this is a bit tangential, but...how do people manage to typo 'your' into 'you're'? It really just...

Anyway, Armored Core for Answer, no damage taken, Occupation of Arteria Carpals.

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
I've completed a couple of games on the highest difficulty setting, but that's mostly it. Sometimes in pseudo-stealth games that actually allow you to easily proceed after being detected I'll revert to the last checkpoint as self inflicted punishment. But mostly I just win on normal using any dirty trick I can think of and call it a day.

Monroe2113

Aug 31, 2011
I'm currently going through dark souls with orginal theif gear no shield no lvling it was tough at first but i just finished seath . the trick is to spam firebombs

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Counterpicking myself in LoL. Yeah I totally meant to pick myself into a corner. It makes it more of a challenge when I faceroll the guy!

Katarina vs Malzahar? /yawn Ahri vs Ryze? Don't mind if I do! Irelia vs Garen? HA Irelia is my best top regardless, i'll just sit here and farm while you do your bush camping strategy Garen old friend!

Oh and playing Bayonetta on Hard. The highway level is so bullshit. Three Grace and Glories? Well one is Grace and there's two Glories but you get the idea. Three Grace and Glories would be six total and don't you DARE tell me that comes up later.

Anyway! Grace and Glory are a pair! There are hardly any instances where they're seperated. They're like a couple of lovers I guess. Now there's a love triangle or something? Which Glory is Grace gonna go for? Is Bayonetta going to get involved? Will Luca get himself instagibbed in some wacky incident but somehow be fine afterwards? Tune in next week to Angels Gone Wild!

Windcaler

Nov 7, 2010
Challenge runs really arent my thing usually but I have done a few of them just to make a game a lot harder then it normally would be. The two I can think of off the top of my head are these

Xcom Enemy unknown (1994) Antarctic challenge: Its a simple challenge in practice. You build a base, and only one base in Antarctica on Superhuman difficulty. Then you pretty much go into ironman mode. If you loose soldiers thats it, you can buy new ones but you cant reload previous saves.

Dark souls starting character challenge: I had to try this one like ten times before I finally got it. Its a challenge where you pick any starting class you want but you can never upgrade weapons, armor, or spend souls to level up. Environmental effects are the only thing you can take damage from, so poison like in blight town or falling damage (because these things are quite literally impossible to avoid in the game)

Comic Sans

DOWN YOU GO!
Oct 15, 2008
Country
United States
I beat Ninja Gaiden on Xbox without dying on the normal difficulty. I spent a LOT of time harvesting essence to I always went into dungeons with max items. The hardest areas were the first few stages where items are incredibly limited and a single mistake could get me killed.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
I finished Spec Ops: The Line on FUBAR so that I could platinum the game, my God that was really fucking annoying but really satisfying that I managed to do it. That mounted turret section in the shopping was the worst bit, my squadmates have the self preservation skills of a retarded lemming, why is it so hard to keep your head down while I take care of the bad guys?

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Eddie the head said:
I soloed a gold run in Mass Effect 3's multiplier just to see if I could. That's all I can think of right now.
I'll see you and raise you a solo platinum run. Failed several times, mostly because of objective waves. It was 1h30 of grueling attrition, hit & running to kill one or two mooks each time, slowly wearing down the wave until only the boss enemies were left.

To be honest, while it is quite challenging and intense, it was not very fun.

Ljs1121

Mar 17, 2011
It's more of an experiment, but in my most recent New Vegas playthrough I've made it a goal to pickpocket and kill every single NCR Trooper I see. So far I probably have about fifty victims and I'm still sailing on very good karma and a "liked" reputation with the NCR.