You're gonna die today , any regrets ?

excalipoor

Jan 16, 2011
Meh. There's a few people I'd have liked to have a good chat with before I died, to clear the waters so to speak. Things I wanted to tell them. I guess it would've been nice to get something published, so that I might be remembered by someone outside the immediate family. Leave something behind to show that I was here. But then again, I won't be there to see it, or how it might affect anyone else. So what do I care?

Blood Brain Barrier said:
game-lover said:
And most importantly, I'm just plain fucking scared of dying.
This. How anyone is not trembling in fear at the possibility, however tiny, that there is an eternal afterlife is something I cannot understand. At the moment of death I can only imagine that fear will be amplified to infinity.
I'm just so incredibly fucking arrogant that I can outright reject the idea of an afterlife. But man is there going to be egg on my face if it turns out I'm wrong...

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
I haven't done anything with my life so far. I still got another 2 years left before I get my degree, I have never had a long lasting healthy relationship (my previous one was a total mess). I am very restrained due to some slight social anxiety combined with some other things that some might say looks like symptoms of manic depressive disorder so I have lived my life trying to avoid getting attached to the people around me.

Since I have succeeded there I would have no regrets. I've never done anything serious, I don't have anything going on so I'd be OK with dying today. It would be kinda sad since there are things I would like to do, but I am satisfied with accomplishing nothing.

Blaze the Dragon

Jan 8, 2010
Well considering that I'm living in a period of time where it's actually realistically possible that a person like me could live to be 1000 years old; not to mention experiencing insanely awesome technologies being developed, even if I don't live super long, I'd probably be pretty pissed about it.

That and the fact that I practically stayed up all night preparing for 2 finals just to die at midnight...

Basically I'd do whatever I could to try and get out of that situation.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
I would regret the fact that I'm about to die...

Reaper195 said:
I'm pretty contempt with my life so far. The only things I'd regret is the stuff I won't see or do because I'll die today...not sure if that counts as regret or not though.
I think you meant "content" instead of "contempt", but the typo makes it hilarious...

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I'm in a relationship now that could very easily be a marriage if I put my foot down a year or so ago. That's probably the only thing really...Ya know what, 600 miles is easily traveled in a day (not even 12 hours by car) so I could easily fix the not-married thing if I had until Midnight to live.

I have no regrets. I've made peace with every one and every thing that's troubled me at some point but more importantly, I beat Final Fantasy VI yesterday (May 2nd, 2013). I have a strong feeling that I know what beating the original Final Fantasy will be like since I beat Dragon Warrior a year or so ago. Those were honestly dreams I had and since they're done and out of the way, I can pass on peacefully.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
Sure, I'd have a whole lot of regrets. Then the apathetic part of me would take control and realize there's not a damn thing I can do about it. Might as well go out with a bang.

excalipoor

Jan 16, 2011
Shoggoth2588 said:
I have a strong feeling that I know what beating the original Final Fantasy will be like since I beat Dragon Warrior a year or so ago.
But thou must! Final Fantasy took Dragon Warrior's formula and actually made it palatable. It's not as grindy, clunky, and has some actual strategy to it. The chiptunes won't make your ears bleed either, except for the one that plays every time you open the menu, the one that they promtly got rid of in every single port and remake of the game.

Fuck dying, go play Final Fantasy instead. It's going to feel like the spring breeze on your naked buttocks after suffering through the thorough spankage that is Dragon Warrior.

[small]I'm not even biased, I swear.[/small]

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
excalipoor said:
I loved Dragon Warrior but the problem I had is that after all of the grinding, all of the fighting...I made it to the Dragon King's lair and killed him off easily enough (before hitting the level cap) and I just didn't feel a sense of payoff like I did with something like Final Fantasy 2, 4, 6, etc etc. Great advice though; I have the next two days off work so I'm probably going to spend that time putting more hours on my current FF-Origins save file than on this week's time-card at work.

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
I wouldnt regret in terms of thing I did or did not do.
But I would want to throw out a bunch of stuff and delete some files and bookmarks first.

Hamtier

Oct 16, 2010
I would'nt regret anything.
all the choices i made are because i'm me,if i did it differently it would just make me uncomfortable since it would be a choice i wouldnt make. also i could've gone way worse, so yeah no.

Estranged180

Mar 30, 2011
The only regret I have is that I didn't get the chance to complete the logistical issue regarding punching people in the face over the internet... I think it might have had something to do with the monitor getting in the way, but hey, time to let someone else figure that part out. After all, I'm going to die, and I'd like to do it in a way that all of the Escapist would respect... playing a game or two.

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
Jandau said:
Reaper195 said:
I'm pretty contempt with my life so far. The only things I'd regret is the stuff I won't see or do because I'll die today...not sure if that counts as regret or not though.
I think you meant "content" instead of "contempt", but the typo makes it hilarious...
Well.....shit.

Fuck it. I'll leave it in. It is definitely funnier.

Tiger King

Legacy
Oct 23, 2010
Country
USA
I think I would be frustrated. Just as life starts getting good and I find my place in the world it's taken away? That would be a bit rubbish.

also the idea of dying is pretty scary, we all push it out of our thoughts because we simply don't know what happens.
do we kick back in heaven/writhe in hell? or is there simply nothing?

I can't comprehend 'nothing'. Even when we sleep we dream :/

tahrey

Sep 18, 2009
*rushes home*
*deletes a few folders*
*tidies up like mad*
*scribbles a will and has next door neighbour witness it*
*makes a few phone calls*
*puts on a favourite movie and opens a mothballed bottle of fancy whiskey*

Yeah, fuck it, I'm good to go. Would've been nice to make it to my 10-year university reunion, and enjoy the fruits of a couple of kickstarters, but que sera sera.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Totally.

Having survived the last time because between then and now has been a dismal waste of time, tedious and aggravating.

I HATE unwanted anticipation. Makes me feel like I am 10 years old waiting for "Just wait till your father gets home" sensation. If its got to happen I would much rather get it over with sooner rather than later, hopefully by surprise. Dont allow me to sit around dwelling on it because that is worse than the death itself.